Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain just announced the AntMiner A3 - 815GH/s Siacoin miner - Blake(2b) - page 19. (Read 12750 times)

Activity: 87
Merit: 3
I think it was probably a pool overload or ddos attack as some gpu miners also reported loss in hash rate about at the same time. Probably a good idea to spear the hash between luxor(gulp), f2pool(double gulp) and siamining Sad
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
no need to carry heavy money bags anymore
Hey so I've got mine hooked up and boards 1 & 2 are runnning fine, but board 3 is not hashing anything.. Someone told me to flash the firmware but I don't see the A3 firmware up on Bitmains site. Any ideas? I've tried resetting it twice now. Tip for who can!!!

It was some kind of brick test that someone did. And they succeeded.

They're allowing us to mine again for now. Just reboot your A3

do you have some sources?

Read my reply few posts above.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Hey so I've got mine hooked up and boards 1 & 2 are runnning fine, but board 3 is not hashing anything.. Someone told me to flash the firmware but I don't see the A3 firmware up on Bitmains site. Any ideas? I've tried resetting it twice now. Tip for who can!!!

do you have some sources?
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
As other posters have mentioned, my A3 also started experiencing all sorts of HW issues (hashboards not working properly, sometimes first board sometimes second). This lasted about an hour and now everything seems to be working properly. I seriously freaked for a minute, thought bitmain sent me a defective unit. Sounds like this was something on the pools end.

Yeah, they were testing some kind of brick hack.
This is what I saw: https://i.imgur.com/D148ykq.png
Thankfully they're based in the US. I'm wondering if all the devs are from the US as well.
Activity: 112
Merit: 17
As other posters have mentioned, my A3 also started experiencing all sorts of HW issues (hashboards not working properly, sometimes first board sometimes second). This lasted about an hour and now everything seems to be working properly. I seriously freaked for a minute, thought bitmain sent me a defective unit. Sounds like this was something on the pools end.
Activity: 4
No, Luxor is NOT a good pool. They want to BRICK all the Antminers A3. DO NOT mine with them.

Just look at what they said here: https://medium.com/@nitronick600/message-to-nebulous-labs-7c42df1f86d5

They are looking to sabatoge their competitors hardware if favor of their own, yet to be released hardware by soft forking in the Spring.
This is the definition of AntiTrust. If they follow through they will be the first Crypto to face a Federal class action antitrust lawsuit. They would be letting spite become jail.

That's scary as hell! But boards 1 and 2 have always worked and the 3rd didn't work. Even when its set up to standard antpool settings. Hoping that I don't have a bad board out of the gate -_-. Never happened on any of my S9's and L3+'s

EDIT: willi9974: That worked! Thank you sir! Tip coming your way my friend

Great! No problem!
Trust me, I know how you felt. My heart almost stopped when I saw this:

https://i.imgur.com/D148ykq.png
Activity: 65
Merit: 2

That's scary as hell! But boards 1 and 2 have always worked and the 3rd didn't work. Even when its set up to standard antpool settings. Hoping that I don't have a bad board out of the gate -_-. Never happened on any of my S9's and L3+'s

EDIT: willi9974: That worked! Thank you sir! Tip coming your way my friend
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 2792
Escrow Service
Shutdown the miner, wait 5 min and power up for test it.
or restore factory defaults --> press reset button for 10 or 15 seconds
Activity: 87
Merit: 3
i have the same problem, sinze some minutes the miner show HW error and go offline

did we have a other mining pool without login, mining only with the sia adress? only for testing?
+1 had this problem. But seems to have been fixed now.

Activity: 65
Merit: 2
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
no need to carry heavy money bags anymore
https://twitter.com/SiaStats/status/956227452015120384

This happens when people not aware what decentralization is gets powerful machines.

I don't know how they did that. They killed the ASIC chips for like 30 minutes. It looks like it's fixed now.

But look at the status of my miner just when it happened: https://i.imgur.com/D148ykq.png

Rebooted several times and it didn't work. I had to turn it off completely.

I tried with NiceHash and Luxor and still the same thing was happening.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 2792
Escrow Service
i have the same problem, sinze some minutes the miner show HW error and go offline

did we have a other mining pool without login, mining only with the sia adress? only for testing?
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
So it looks like SiaMining Pool bricked ALL A3 users.
All miners are showing THOUSANDS of HW errors and several dead ASIC chips.

Lol thats crazy, how did they manage to brick the A3s ?
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
All miners are showing THOUSANDS of HW errors and several dead ASIC chips.

How exactly could a pool brick physical hardware?  That would be one hell of a hack haha
Most miners are showing THOUSANDS of HW errors and several dead ASIC chips.

https://i.imgur.com/oZEJMZN.png
Activity: 24
Merit: 1
I received almost 22k Sia Coins within first 24 hours... diffiuclty level is adjusting and quickly as more countries round world join the mining of SC

would you mind to give us a link on your siamining.com profile
waiting for my 2x A3s coming 29th but the only real stats I saw yet are from that youtube dude on previous page
Pages:
Jump to: