Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN launches 4th generation Bitcoin mining ASIC: BM1385 - page 8. (Read 39257 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
going from here
https://bitmaintech.co/user/orderConfirm.php
to here
https://bitmaintech.co/user/orderDelivery.php

we can see the wallet changing! nice shit Grin or just hit refresh on the delivery page Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
fishing link for sure

I reported to the mods and marked the guy as a scammer.

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Last batch of s5+:

This is probably a scam!

Note that the text of the link above says "bitmaintech.com", but the actual domain is "bitmaintech.co". Looks like "bitmaintech.co" was registered on Friday August 21st, 2015.

The main bitmaintech.com site says nothing about batch 2.

Nice catch, I didn't see that there, hopefully nobody gets duped by this I will go ahead and snip it out of my previous quote.

Definitely a scam, I tried putting a totally made up user and pass on the sign in page after it takes you to and it lets you right through to pay for your order. Probably catching your Bitmain user and pass info also. If anybody clicked through I would definitely change your logon info.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Last batch of s5+: link removed

This is probably a scam!

Note that the text of the link above says "bitmaintech.com", but the actual domain is "bitmaintech.co". Looks like "bitmaintech.co" was registered on Friday August 21st, 2015.

Good catch. This is nasty.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
S8 would be the BM1385 chip, if they get around to building one. If they had a "new chip by then" it would go into a S9 and S10, per their normal numbering scheme.

I suspect there are a LOT more S5 units running as pairs from the EVGA 1300G2 than there are running as singles from 750W power supplies, though the 750s offer more flexability they also eat more space.

I suspect I'm a bit uncommon in running 3 S5s from a pair of Seasonic X1250s (I trust the longevity of most Seasonic units over anything EVGA, though the EVGA aren't BAD by any means), but that particular setup fits wonderfully well in my old 30"x12" metal storage racks (PS/S5/S5/S5/PS), there's an inch or so where the rack legs would get in the way but the PS are short enough I can work around that easily even laying them flat - just leave the exaust side pushed as far away from the "back legs" as possible.
 I'm also a firm believer in NOT pushing power supplies to their limits, both for better efficiency and better longevity (heat is THE ENEMY of anything electronic, the cooler it runs the longer it lasts on average).
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Last batch of s5+: SCAM LINK REMOVED

This is probably a scam!

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
what i think an antminer s7 would be:
5.58THs to 4.68THs
power under 1500watts
price 825 to 975
just my two cents

nah, what you described is more like S8 or S7+

S7: 2300-2700 TH, 505-595W in a small form factor. It is much easier to dissipate that much heat vs 1500W

however, it would throw a wrench into plans of many if it would require three separate PCIe connectors with each more than 200W as per S5+ design.
It would mean that Corsair 750 workhorse is a no go.

I would agree more if the S5+ is or was the S6 makes sense that the S7 is for everyone would be more in line around 2.2 th or a tad higher  if it is 230 watts per TH  that's what maybe  500 watts tops or a tad hgiher as you said , at defaults then goes from there . it would make better sense to have it run on a 110 to 220 line depending on the PSU .

Price it at or like the S3 S5 etc ...that way every one stays happy including them .

if it goes this way i some how see the S8 using less power and more speed if it's a  new chip by then .

this is what i hope, they would be unwise to make something that cant run off one psu and is fairly quiet..

not everyone wants to buy something that needs 4 or 5 large psus, and has 8 fans running 5000 rpms.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
5.58THs to 4.68THs
power under 1500watts
price 825 to 975
just my two cents

nah, what you described is more like S8 or S7+

S7: 2300-2700 TH, 505-595W in a small form factor. It is much easier to dissipate that much heat vs 1500W

however, it would throw a wrench into plans of many if it would require three separate PCIe connectors with each more than 200W as per S5+ design.
It would mean that Corsair 750 workhorse is a no go.

I would agree more if the S5+ is or was the S6 makes sense that the S7 is for everyone would be more in line around 2.2 th or a tad higher  if it is 230 watts per TH  that's what maybe  500 watts tops or a tad hgiher as you said , at defaults then goes from there . it would make better sense to have it run on a 110 to 220 line depending on the PSU .

Price it at or like the S3 S5 etc ...that way every one stays happy including them .why would it be priced any higher just because of what that they do, i understand why S5 + is etc, unless they want to shut out the home miner which i kind of don't think they want to do after all were the ones that got them were they are now .

if it goes this way i some how see the S8 using less power and more speed if it is a  new chip by then .

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
I hope they don't waste the money on wifi. Not all that many folks that use it especially in a mining situation, as it's nowhere near as reliable as standard Ethernet (it's also slow, but that's not really a factor for a miner due to the low needed datarate).

I doubt they'll go 3 boards or the 800+ watts a 3 board unit would need, that would have broken THEIR existing Hashnest setup and you can't reasonably run 2 such machines from those 1600 Watt PS they also sell and are likely using on their own farm hardware.
 For similar reasons *AND* lack of board space, I dount they'll put 3 strings on one board with the BM1385 - 54 chips would be a NIGHTMARE to keep the corner chips cool on their current board form factor.

Price above $1000 is unlikely unless bitcoin pricing JUMPS soon.

I believe it will be powered by their new psu and will run around 6 Th at 1400w.  If not the S7 the S7+ or S8.

S7+/S8 (whichever they decide to go with for a "BIG" unit) will be a lot more TH - I'd guess ballpark 10.5 TH at 2400 watt ballpark in a S5+ form factor. It wouldn't make sense for their "new big miner" when they come up with it to be lower TH than the S5+

S4+ would NOT have fit as an S6 - it was the BM1382 NOT the BM1384. S6 would have fit the S5+, though they may have decided that since it's not specifically a rack mount unit it wasn't really fitting for the S6 name.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Just curious, but why are we Skipping S6?

Anyone know??
Because of Batman?

Not sure Dogie let us know long ago that we were going to do it.  (I could be wrong but I think he was first).   But it seems to be true and no one really knows when S7 will be released yet.

But the S5+ could have easily had a S6 sticker slapped on it.  But they choose to do the plus model instead.

S4+ was what would have fit into the S6 nomenclature but it was only a small performance increase, so they put a + on the end instead.
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
CCMINER.NET
The price will be above 1000 usd
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
S7: 3 blades x 350w each with 2 pci-e in each blade, total 1050w and a total of 4.60 Th/s, i think that's will be the new Bitmain's standard...

Thats a pretty big unit, i'm thinking they will keep it under 690 watt as its the optimal power factor to fit on breakers. Ex; 115V*15A*0.8/2
It would fit nicely all the way from 115V to 240V grids.

Personally i'm hoping for Wifi support again. It really help the wire mess ^_^".
Activity: 572
Merit: 506
S7: 3 blades x 350w each with 2 pci-e in each blade, total 1050w and a total of 4.60 Th/s, i think that's will be the new Bitmain's standard...
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
I believe it will be powered by their new psu and will run around 6 Th at 1400w.  If not the S7 the S7+ or S8.  But eventually we will see another rack mount monstrosity.   Roll Eyes

Their new PSU? Are you referring to their 205V+ PSU? I don't see it being sold along with the S7. A tons of people can't use 240V PSU's. But if they came with some 115-240PSU like the S4, that would be nice. Of course assuming the PSU isint as terribad as the actual one from the S4.
Activity: 924
I believe it will be powered by their new psu and will run around 6 Th at 1400w.  If not the S7 the S7+ or S8.  But eventually we will see another rack mount monstrosity.   Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1456

Anyone know??
Because of Batman?

Not sure Dogie let us know long ago that we were going to do it.  (I could be wrong but I think he was first).   But it seems to be true and no one really knows when S7 will be released yet.

But the S5+ could have easily had a S6 sticker slapped on it.  But they choose to do the plus model instead.
legendary
Activity: 1050

Anyone know??
Because of Batman?
Activity: 686
Merit: 512
www.neutroncoin.com

Anyone know?? I see now, the number corresponds to the form factor.

I bet its similar in design to the s5+ single unit and has 3 boards, 90 chips total, at 32.5 ghs thats 2,950 gh X .23 = @ just under 700 watts, you could still power 2 off of an APW3-12-1600.

Price will likely be between 1,050 and 1,200 competitive with SFARDS.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
5.58THs to 4.68THs
power under 1500watts
price 825 to 975
just my two cents

nah, what you described is more like S8

S7: 2300-2400 TH, 505-550W

... but the $975 price point might be right Smiley

Let's be realistic here, Bitmain is not going to sell a twice-as-efficient miner for LESS per TH/s than the S5. So if the S5 is now $380 (on Hashnest) that's $330 per TH/s. It's likely the S7 would be around $400-500 per TH/s, depending on the BTC exchange rate.

I think that they will aim at $700 or about as it shows 280 days until profitability at 600w, 2400Gh and $0.1/kwh electricity cost at current btc prices.
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
Well you aren't going to win, that is just stupid as it would easily cannibalize their just released Antminer S5+, it should be a similar form factor to s5 and run around 2.4th
Pages:
Jump to: