Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN launches 4th generation Bitcoin mining ASIC: BM1385 - page 9. (Read 39257 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
what i think an antminer s7 would be:
5.58THs to 4.68THs
power under 1500watts
price 825 to 975
just my two cents

nah, what you described is more like S8

S7: 2300-2400 TH, 505-550W

... but the $975 price point might be right Smiley

Let's be realistic here, Bitmain is not going to sell a twice-as-efficient miner for LESS per TH/s than the S5. So if the S5 is now $380 (on Hashnest) that's $330 per TH/s. It's likely the S7 would be around $400-500 per TH/s, depending on the BTC exchange rate.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
5.58THs to 4.68THs
power under 1500watts
price 825 to 975
just my two cents

nah, what you described is more like S8 or S7+

S7: 2300-2700 TH, 505-595W in a small form factor. It is much easier to dissipate that much heat vs 1500W

however, it would throw a wrench into plans of many if it would require three separate PCIe connectors with each more than 200W as per S5+ design.
It would mean that Corsair 750 workhorse is a no go.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
5.58THs to 4.68THs
power under 1500watts
price 825 to 975
just my two cents
Activity: 361
Merit: 267
This would be cool as a stick miner!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Thats true, or a drop in slot for provide your own psu, hah, but then they'd be out of stock everywhere.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Infected Mushroom
I have mixed feelings, I'd love to see them launch a rack mount, self contained unit.
Although I have the power supplies and knowledge to build what i need, It's a pain in the ass and messy lol.

A plug and play S4 style unit would be awesome.

Well its cheaper to plug your own PSU tho.
legendary
Activity: 1050
I have mixed feelings, I'd love to see them launch a rack mount, self contained unit.
Although I have the power supplies and knowledge to build what i need, It's a pain in the ass and messy lol.

A plug and play S4 style unit would be awesome.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
They will be priced to roi in 250 days at ten cent power

most likely, but only if price stays stable.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
They will be priced to roi in 250 days at ten cent power
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
I am confused are you saying you can take an S5+ and 3 controller boards from standard S5 units and make them all run solo at 2.7th/s? If so that is pretty damn impressive and cool.

Yes. I did.

S5 controller with S5+ miner

It is great test , how long you run it like this , I am thinking the stability of using lower version of controller .

It is not - "lower version of controller"

At the moment,
13h 36m
10HW error
Freg   325
I think he is confused and thinks the controller is effecting the hashrate, my guess is the center has a couple more chips and that is it.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
"a power consumption of 0216 watts per gigahash second" low power consumption for producing monster coin. just waiting for the definite price issued by distributor: D
That would be a number whih will never ROI as usual  Wink
yes, it would be one of the top. still waiting to see if I could get this stuff. I'll try to take out and put in the my home .  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1610
"a power consumption of 0216 watts per gigahash second" low power consumption for producing monster coin. just waiting for the definite price issued by distributor: D
That would be a number whih will never ROI as usual  Wink
You're right.  I guess they would have to swap out the right number of 5s for 7s as to not effect the hash rate too much but yeah the power savings alone should be huge.  I guess there's a delicate balance.  They can't turn them all on and make the difficulty jump too much.  If they do that then they can't charge as much for the S7 to their customers.

And it put's them at a big advantage compared to other mining companies.  We don't know for sure what they are doing.  But likely the first S7's will end up in the spots the used S5's were.

When it happens is hard to say.  But I'm sure they have a good business plan.
There business plan has already taken place, the idea that they are mining on s5's is ridiculous and we all know that S7's are hashing already if not for for a long while.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
There will not be S6. dogie said it before.

Personally I would like S7 to be like S2. In this case Bitmain will be able to kill two birds with one stone: release the best mining equipment on Earth (since we don't see any competitors who are ready to offer the mass (not B2B) sales of HW with the same efficiency; but we'll wait for the announce of LKETC 5Th miner though) and keep their promise given to S2 owners about the upgrade kits.

It was quite a while ago when I said that and things do change. That being said, still looks like S7 next.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
You're right.  I guess they would have to swap out the right number of 5s for 7s as to not effect the hash rate too much but yeah the power savings alone should be huge.  I guess there's a delicate balance.  They can't turn them all on and make the difficulty jump too much.  If they do that then they can't charge as much for the S7 to their customers.

And it put's them at a big advantage compared to other mining companies.  We don't know for sure what they are doing.  But likely the first S7's will end up in the spots the used S5's were.

When it happens is hard to say.  But I'm sure they have a good business plan.
There business plan has already taken place, the idea that they are mining on s5's is ridiculous and we all know that S7's are hashing already if not for for a long while.

And they're doing this why? Because they are smart. Doing anything is is just plain stupid.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Price will be 300$

It was higher then that for used S5's.   So I highly doubt we will see a 300 dollar miner.  I wish we would see a drop in prices I'm all for that.

Also we don't know when they will release it.  That could have some effect on price as well.
If cloudmining is making profit why don't owner just mine theirself ?
Why do they want to sell to you guys ?

Remember the guy who killed the golden goose ...  they don't want to be that guy
I can't tell if you two are trolling but only one company even does cloud mining and it is Bitmain and the others are all ponzi's. The only reason Bitmain actually cloud mines is because they realized they can sell the hashrate to people for a higher rate then self mining and keep selling equipment. It works like this, Bitmain mines on equipment before it is sold lets give a fake number for fun .05 a day a miner, they sell this hashrate upfront of 1200gh/s for 600$ so 50 cents a hashrate. They pay out after "maintenance" which means nothing really, they still self mine and make a profit usually and then sell the miners at full 100% new price and replace the sold miner with a new fabricated machine.

AKA cloudmining is them being paid upfront for a miner and reselling it and pretending you still own it.
Activity: 58
Merit: 10
Price will be 300$
Pages:
Jump to: