Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Launches the New Antminer T9 Bitcoin Miner - page 10. (Read 38774 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!
My T9's are running like champs. I was able to order a few more this last time. Stayed away from the S9's.

It will be interesting to see how they handle the heat this summer in Atlanta.
It's been a warmer than average year so far so hopefully it won't get too hot, I know it was pretty warm in South Carolina last year, nothing unbearable for my miners but warmer than I'd like for optimal performance. Your miners might get louder and spin faster assuming they run pwm but that should be it.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
My T9's are running like champs. I was able to order a few more this last time. Stayed away from the S9's.

It will be interesting to see how they handle the heat this summer in Atlanta.
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
available again..
Ya know what? As much as it kills me to say it but so far I am pleased as punch with the Avalon's I've picked up and gotta say -- I'll pass for now. This is coming from someone who got his 1st s1 on March 14, 2014 and have gotten >95 Ants of all flavors since then so that is not easy to say. Reason: Quality of the s9 and R4 miners.

My s9's from batch-1 through 22 so far have been great as have 2 of the r4's but my 3rd R4 lost a board after just 24hrs. Reports abound of s9 and R4 issues and truth be told, Bitmain blew it with those miners.

Is the T9 better/more reliable? Maybe, but for now Bitmain has lost their monopoly and I for one and glad for it.
I'm with ya there. I've bought mostly bitmain gear in the past, starting with their stick miners. But my last two miners, an R4 batch 6 and the Feb 28th S9 both have had bad boards out of the box. I was thinking of purchasing another miner, but skipped the latest T9 offering. I'll probably go with the newest Avalon, as soon as I see how I like Oregon Mines for a hosting service.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
I'm with you.  I've been through the paces and experiences with the hardware (GPUs, ASICMiner, BitFury, BFL, Bitmain, etc) since early 2013.  I've also had my bad experiences with Bitmain.  In my opinion, however, the T9 is still be best deal today at around $108/TH (0.126 J/GHs).  The S9 13TH is around around $122/TH (0.098 J/GHs).  The newest Avalon 741, however, is very competitive at $112/TH (0.157 J/GHs).  Not much of a difference in the short run...  However, in quantity and over the long haul the cost diff can easily add up.  Who knows,  I may also jump to Canaan.  Time will tell.

legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
available again..
Ya know what? As much as it kills me to say it but so far I am pleased as punch with the Avalon's I've picked up and gotta say -- I'll pass for now. This is coming from someone who got his 1st s1 on March 14, 2014 and have gotten >95 Ants of all flavors since then so that is not easy to say. Reason: Quality of the s9 and R4 miners.

My s9's from batch-1 through 22 so far have been great as have 2 of the r4's but my 3rd R4 lost a board after just 24hrs. Reports abound of s9 and R4 issues and truth be told, Bitmain blew it with those miners.

Is the T9 better/more reliable? Maybe, but for now Bitmain has lost their monopoly and I for one am glad for it.
available again..
Activity: 441
No zuo no die why you try, u zuo u die dont be shy
T9 - 11.5 TH/s appeared on shelf now but in sold out status. Did I miss anything today/yesterday?! Huh

It was in stock for about an hour. Keep an eye on it if you're interested, they often go back in stock briefly if orders aren't paid on time (within 1 hour).

Thank you for the confirmation. I just can't imagine that they don't even bother making announcements nowadays Embarrassed
Activity: 384
Merit: 256
T9 - 11.5 TH/s appeared on shelf now but in sold out status. Did I miss anything today/yesterday?! Huh

It was in stock for about an hour. Keep an eye on it if you're interested, they often go back in stock briefly if orders aren't paid on time (within 1 hour).
Activity: 441
No zuo no die why you try, u zuo u die dont be shy
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
So the T9's were announced Jan 17th, here we are Feb 17th and nobody is shouting to tar and feather Bitmain over the T9's yet...

Hmmm, what kind of crypto thread is this?Huh No drama, nobody threatening violence, boycotts, or using strong language against Bitmain... Where is the fun in that???  ROFL
Activity: 65
Jack of all trades, master of none.
No issues to report from my 3 T9s or my B14 S9  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
I wish I had one of those cricket chirping sounds for this forum.  haha
Activity: 29
I agree it seems like the T9 thread has been very quiet which really does imply that it addresses the S9/R4 issues.  No one complaining yet so this is a good sign.  But then again when the S9 first started shipping people were happy too. 

So maybe another 30 days and we should probably have a good idea if there is going to be any fallout. 

my S9's started failing 80 days in (10 days short of the warranty expiring), got a few boards repaired under warranty. At least now they come with 180 days warranty.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
I agree it seems like the T9 thread has been very quiet which really does imply that it addresses the S9/R4 issues.  No one complaining yet so this is a good sign.  But then again when the S9 first started shipping people were happy too. 

So maybe another 30 days and we should probably have a good idea if there is going to be any fallout. 
Activity: 1610
Merit: 538
I'm in BTC XTC
Funny, the tread is pretty dead because there aren't tons of us complaining about the high failure rate of our new miner (S9 or R4 thread anyone?)

Much like at a dinner table, if there's not a lot of talking the food is good!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
I think this forum topic is meeting its demise.
Activity: 21
Through week #1 today. So far so good. I wish i could change frequencies and fan speeds though.

Only complain was a "slow" fan wich was causing a miner to overheat. I had spare fans from a few S7 lying around, so problem was quickly fixed.
Activity: 65
Jack of all trades, master of none.
My 3 T9s have been running 24/7 since the 23rd. No problems to report.
T9s installed Saturday.  So far so good.
Activity: 578
Merit: 501
We went ahead and purchased 15 R4's and 20 of the T9's for our own operation. We will keep you guys updated and post some pics when they come in hopefully this week!
T9's and R4's have been since Friday/Monday! Here are a few pics of them Smiley http://imgur.com/a/vYxSj
Looking nice!
Pages:
Jump to: