Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Launches the New Antminer T9 Bitcoin Miner - page 12. (Read 38774 times)

legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Think ill wait for sidehack to get his teeth into one of these before I make a decision.

Saying that. I'm in the market for some new miners.

Decisions...Decisions

he should have some today
Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
T9's have been nice and stable for the past few hours.

http://imgur.com/a/4B3p3

Yee looks nice. Good luck with miner.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
T9's have been nice and stable for the past few hours.

http://imgur.com/a/4B3p3
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
My T9's just arrived, I really hope these go better than my R4's.

Good luck and post results

Let us know how it runs/stats. 

Good luck and post results
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
As far as I can see Bitmain doesn't have any significant IP (patents etc), so I would hope as bitcoin continues to be adopted that eventually more chip foundries and manufacturers will get in the game and drive up competition, which will mean better products at better costs.
More chip manufacturers we may see.

More Foundries to produce their chips -- not going to happen. Aside from fabs ran by Intel and IBM there is only TSMC, Samsung, and Global Foundries that are capable of producing 16/14nm (and eventually smaller node) chips. Samsung is largely producing for their own products with so far BW chips being the only exception. That leaves only TSMC and GloFo to run boutique chips like mining ASICS so end of story there.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Think ill wait for sidehack to get his teeth into one of these before I make a decision.

Decisions...Decisions

I'm waiting and running my KNC Titan 'mules' into the dirt. Likely at this rate with
3200mh (9 Titans) they will be doorstops at the diff rate increase. By July at this rate.

Unfortunately, I think
Bitmain is gonna run these out like toasters. In the same manner as their btc miners. Likely
down to 3c kWh and below, to ROI I mean.  Thus asserting dominance in scrypt for equip and data halls like they have done in btc world. It seems pretty obvious.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Decisions...Decisions
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
I can NOT believe their garbage left over stock sold out that fast.

My god you people are worse then nintendo fan boys

What ever they put up and stick their name on you scoop up like drug addicts.

Can't wait to see the failure rate on these!

Maybe actually decided to make reliable miner when oposition starts to show up.

There was no need to design for reliabilty previously with the rapid chip improvements, now that chip efficiency gains are slowing to match Moores law it makes sense to improve reliability and minimize customer support costs.

Still, trading efficiency and power for reliability? Farther down the road that isn't going to work. It's just a cash grab for them and we have no idea if that's true or not, if these miners are actually more reliable. Hasn't ever happened much in the past and if anything their reliabilty has gone downhill since the S1.

As far as I can see Bitmain doesn't have any significant IP (patents etc), so I would hope as bitcoin continues to be adopted that eventually more chip foundries and manufacturers will get in the game and drive up competition, which will mean better products at better costs.

Actually its gone the other way, a couple of years ago there were many more chip manufacturers. There are still 3 or 4 still going, but bitmain has the most efficient chip at the moment.
Activity: 236
Merit: 105

There was no need to design for reliabilty previously with the rapid chip improvements, now that chip efficiency gains are slowing to match Moores law it makes sense to improve reliability and minimize customer support costs.

Still, trading efficiency and power for reliability? Farther down the road that isn't going to work. It's just a cash grab for them and we have no idea if that's true or not, if these miners are actually more reliable. Hasn't ever happened much in the past and if anything their reliabilty has gone downhill since the S1.

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129
Bitcoin FTW!

Activity: 236
Merit: 105

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Activity: 32
Does anyone know when will be availabe the stock again? Or it could be in the midnight?

Is there anyway we can know when they will release more stock?

bitmain  is going on vacation  for 1 week  say Jan 26th to Feb 2nd.

you can look here  every 30 minutes

https://shop.bitmain.com/main.htm?lang=en

If you get lucky sometimes someone  cancels

Most likely you won't see them on sale for a month.

you can go here

buy used

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

I do escrow service.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Most batches have been released for sale at 23:00 Beijing time (GMT +8) and friday has been a quite frequent day.

So, Do you mean It could be in stock today?

They may.

But you need to check every 1/2 hour for cancelled sales for the next day or two.

As this could happen.

Most likely you won't see anything and will need to wait until mid February
Activity: 32
Most batches have been released for sale at 23:00 Beijing time (GMT +8) and friday has been a quite frequent day.

So, Do you mean It could be in stock today?
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Does anyone know when will be availabe the stock again? Or it could be in the midnight?

bitmain  is going on vacation  for 1 week  say Jan 26th to Feb 2nd.

you can look here  every 30 minutes

https://shop.bitmain.com/main.htm?lang=en

If you get lucky sometimes someone  cancels

Most likely you won't see them on sale for a month.

you can go here

buy used

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

I do escrow service.
Pages:
Jump to: