Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Launches the New Antminer T9 Bitcoin Miner - page 8. (Read 38774 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 560
I wonder whether the efficiency trade-off translates into selling used equipment from their own mine. The second hand equipment they gave me in replacement of my faulty boards was definitely from their mine, but I wonder if they are selling second hand machines as new.

How long until you reach your ROI do you think? And how long have you been running your T9's?

Any machines I have purchased from bitmain used were clearly communicated to me prior to purchase. I have never received used hardware that was sold new. I do apologize for not being able to answer but I do not disclose financial information on this forum. I have multiple batches so there is no specific answer for your final question.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I have over 100 T9s running with zero failures so far. They clown on the S9 for reliability. IMO the efficiency trade-off is well worth it since its likely an S9 wont run problem free until you reach ROI and it looks like these T9s will.

I wonder whether the efficiency trade-off translates into selling used equipment from their own mine. The second hand equipment they gave me in replacement of my faulty boards was definitely from their mine, but I wonder if they are selling second hand machines as new.

How long until you reach your ROI do you think? And how long have you been running your T9's?
Even in China, selling used anything as New violates the law. Sure that only really works for Chinese Nationals as far as prosecuting goes but it IS excellent grounds for FTC to bar imports so. Bottom line is no they don't/can't. For warranty replacement them using reworked/repaired boards is allowed and in fact is very commonplace throughout most electronics industries.

As for getting dirty/dusty miners... Ever been to any large city in Asia? Wink When it's dry they are often very dusty places. The miners are typically all burned in for at least 72hrs in open buildings. Dry out of the rain yes but sucking all that city air well you get the picture.

Just because it's law does not mean they adhere to it, I know many Chinese companies that use bitcoin to evade their taxes, so the law would appear to be relative in many cases. But either way, they are either selling a faulty product knowing that their customers are unlikely to even reach ROI, which is all kinds of wrong. Or they are selling second hand equipment from their own mine despite the law. I had around one third of my boards die within 2 weeks of operations, so one of my 2 scenarios is true.

And as for replacing warranty parts with second hand equipment, I have never received second hand equipment in replacement for broken electronic equipment. Even if it does happen a lot in Asia, it's still a bad practice and shows contempt towards the customer.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
I have over 100 T9s running with zero failures so far. They clown on the S9 for reliability. IMO the efficiency trade-off is well worth it since its likely an S9 wont run problem free until you reach ROI and it looks like these T9s will.

Even in China, selling used anything as New violates the law. Sure that only really works for Chinese Nationals as far as prosecuting goes but it IS excellent grounds for FTC to bar imports so. Bottom line is no they don't/can't. For warranty replacement them using reworked/repaired boards is allowed and in fact is very commonplace throughout most electronics industries.

As for getting dirty/dusty miners... Ever been to any large city in Asia? Wink When it's dry they are often very dusty places. The miners are typically all burned in for at least 72hrs in open buildings. Dry out of the rain yes but sucking all that city air well you get the picture.

Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Bitcoin Mining Hosting

100% , they are the rock to the S9.

Activity: 756
Merit: 560
I don't trust Bitmain in the slightest, no new product they bring out will overcome their very poor business ethics.
Ja your experience with them truly sucks. Thankfully most people fair much better.

The T9 on order will make it 82 Ants I've gotten since 2014 and to date exactly 4 boards failed. 1 from an old s7, 1 from a R4 batch-6 failed after 24hrs and  2 s9 boards 1 a batch 1 the other batch 12, both failed Nov-Dec last year.

It's good to know they aren't ripping everyone off. Although I am very hesitant to believe that I would be among the minority who have had such experiences. Based on how I was treated, they do seem to have a certain amount of contempt for their customers, and this could translate into a low quality product.  

I'd like to know who else has had similar horror stories...
legendary
I don't trust Bitmain in the slightest, no new product they bring out will overcome their very poor business ethics.
Ja your experience with them truly sucks. Thankfully most people fair much better.

The T9 on order will make it 82 Ants I've gotten since 2014 and to date exactly 4 boards failed. 1 from an old s7, 1 from a R4 batch-6 failed after 24hrs and  2 s9 boards 1 a batch 1 the other batch 12, both failed Nov-Dec last year.

Check out my experience here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1836179.new#new
legendary
Well since I'm running out of s7's to replace with s9's or Avalons ( I *do* have a power limit) I broke down and decided to order a T9 for the farm at work. Ya know, just to round out me having had at least 1 of all Ants except for the s5+ (R1 and U3 don't count). Tongue

On a per-THs basis, is a fair bit cheaper than the A741's and on par for power eff. Question still to be seen is, are the T9 as reliable as the Avalons? Only time will tell....
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
It's how bitmain always prices their kit based on hashrate. I didn't say it made financial sense Smiley
Activity: 120
The 11.5's are cheaper per TH/s @ $91.8 per TH/s vs $96.4 per TH/s for the 12.5 - seems like a better deal to me.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Higher hashrate
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
wow sort of feel sorry for the people who paid 200$ more last week..

Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
Dear BTCitcoiners,

We would like to inform that we are releasing a new batch of the Antminer T9 bitcoin miner today and also accepting USD wire transfers for this batch.

This batch can deliver a hashrate of 11.5TH/s and the shipping will start on 10th April 2017.

We suggest that you confirm your order here (https://goo.gl/ovRxw8) after 2300 hours today (29 March 2017, GMT+8) while stock lasts.

To contact us or for any support requests, please reach out to us via support.bitmain.com

Happy mining,

The Bitmain team
legendary
Unless you and your family are deaf, the s9 and T9 are NOT 'home miners'...
Definitely made for industrial/commercial use.
Activity: 140
Peace not piece.
How many btc it can mine per month?

A little over 0.006 a day right now, so about under .2 a month 'till difficulty goes up again.

Then its better to buy btc right away instead of mining.

How home miners are still profitable?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

A little over 0.006 a day right now, so about under .2 a month 'till difficulty goes up again.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Does anyone else find it odd that they are recommending the APW3 as the power supply for this batch?

At 1576w + 7%, I would think it would be too much for a 1600W power supply to run long term.

Yes I was wondering about that myself!

I wonder what could be so different in the design of the S9 and T9 that the T9 so much more inefficient  Huh

I believe Bitmain specifies that as 1576w "at the wall" using one of their own power supplies - the actual MINER usage would be closer to 1470 watts.

A high-quality 1600 watt PS should be able to handle it, though it would be a bit marginal.
 SERVER power supplies are routinely specified for 24/7 usage capasity, most consumer-grade are not - though the higher-end stuff from EVGA and Seasonic tends to be reliable at very close to ther rated capasity in 24/7 service.
Activity: 140
Peace not piece.
Pages:
Jump to: