Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Launches the New Antminer T9 Bitcoin Miner - page 9. (Read 38774 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 560
I wonder what could be so different in the design of the S9 and T9 that the T9 so much more inefficient  Huh

The T9 has less chips and they run at a higher voltage internally to make up the hash rate. That is where you lose efficiency and gain stability.

Look at sidehacks S7 undervolt project for parallels. If you have enough mining boards available you can find s7 boards that will hash at .22 but the average board becomes very unstable at those voltage and clock speeds. The best I was able to get out of undervolted s7s on average was about .25 stable over the course of days and weeks. The S9s are similar in that bitmain sets the voltage on the chips as low as possible to hit the efficiency rating they claim but it causes major instability and premature failure of the hashing boards.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Does anyone else find it odd that they are recommending the APW3 as the power supply for this batch?

At 1576w + 7%, I would think it would be too much for a 1600W power supply to run long term.

Yes I was wondering about that myself!

I wonder what could be so different in the design of the S9 and T9 that the T9 so much more inefficient  Huh

They definitely don't want you overclocking them that's for sure.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100

Does Bitmain ship To istanbul/Turkey ?
Activity: 236
Merit: 105
Does anyone else find it odd that they are recommending the APW3 as the power supply for this batch?

At 1576w + 7%, I would think it would be too much for a 1600W power supply to run long term.

Yes I was wondering about that myself!

Activity: 277

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
It is not bitmains fault that people cant understand this is industrial equipment meant for a datacenter and not for home use. I see so much blame going on because people cant run them at home. Stop being so ignorant and just accept these are meant for datacenters not bedrooms.

It is Bitmains fault if they ship DOA miners or with dead boards. Or if boards die soonish after they start working. Any company that would make this kind of equipment outside of crypto would be defeunct and sued in first month with this kind of shit.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
It is not bitmains fault that people cant understand this is industrial equipment meant for a datacenter and not for home use. I see so much blame going on because people cant run them at home. Stop being so ignorant and just accept these are meant for datacenters not bedrooms.

I thought the point of the T9 was that you could use it at home because they made it very quiet? Or is that a different miner they released?

It's R4. But as with all Bitmain hardware these are dying like crazy
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Ok, I stand corrected, so no Ebit E9 for home mining.
Activity: 277
Actually Ebit E9 miner should not be that bad to use at home.

Also there is Hotmine (en.hotmine.io), who offers upgrade kit for old Antminers and also full package miners for those with no good old Antminer.
Hotmine X5 boards should be quite reasonable for home use with power consumption about ~500W.
I'm currently in talks with them about buying one X5 upgrade kit for my old Antminer S1.
I will also need to find Beaglebone Black board.
I'm planning to do a quick review/how-to if everything goes ok.
Hopefully you can get one. I would love to hear what you think of these.

The E9 is good on power consumption for a home use, but with only one fan they are noisy. About the same as an s7 at full speed.
legendary
Actually Ebit E9 miner should not be that bad to use at home.

Also there is Hotmine (en.hotmine.io), who offers upgrade kit for old Antminers and also full package miners for those with no good old Antminer.
Hotmine X5 boards should be quite reasonable for home use with power consumption about ~500W.
I'm currently in talks with them about buying one X5 upgrade kit for my old Antminer S1.
I will also need to find Beaglebone Black board.
I'm planning to do a quick review/how-to if everything goes ok.
They don't want you to mine at home because doing so would decentralize the system. They want to own every hashing power there is so they can fuck up bitcoin and can start their own shit coin. BTU.

Fuck bitmain.

You should really not spread this level of stupidity by posting it on public forums. Bitmain is the ONLY hardware producer that DOES produce a home miner, the R4. No other company has even attempted a home version of a miner with 14/16nm tech. Go put your tinfoil hat back on and look for conspiracies elsewhere please.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420

I thought the point of the T9 was that you could use it at home because they made it very quiet? Or is that a different miner they released?

They don't want you to mine at home because doing so would decentralize the system. They want to own every hashing power there is so they can fuck up bitcoin and can start their own shit coin. BTU.

Fuck bitmain.
Activity: 434

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Great price but at 1576w + 7% is not intended for the home miner. We have the space, power, and proper cooling here at ColoHub data center. Our all inclusive monthly hosting price for this unit is $92. www.btcmeqc.com

Because people are Sheep
Bitmain is the only game in town and 90% of their customers are too dense to understand how it works.
They see the newest and jump. with no research.

Bitmain doesn't NEED to try, they have ZERO competition and sell out each time.

WHY would they care or try?
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Great price but at 1576w + 7% is not intended for the home miner. We have the space, power, and proper cooling here at ColoHub data center. Our all inclusive monthly hosting price for this unit is $92. www.btcmeqc.com
legendary
Wow, this is the most power hungry Antminer so far.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
id LOVE to get one of these but i cant pull 1500 watts from my outlet Sad

its too bad that you cant underclock them.
Activity: 741
Merit: 514
https://www.bitmain.com
Dear Bitcoiners,

We are releasing a new batch of the Antminer T9 bitcoin miner today.

This batch can deliver a hashrate of 12.5TH/s and the shipping will start on 10th April 2017.

We suggest you confirm your order here after 2300 hours today (22 March 2017, GMT+8) while stock lasts.

For any queries or tech support, please reach out to us at support.bitmain.com

Happy mining,

The Bitmain team
Activity: 112
Merit: 18
I have 5 T9s and they are doing great so far. Mining for a week now
Pages:
Jump to: