Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain's Released Antminer S9, World's First 16nm Miner Ready to Order - page 10. (Read 530807 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

Interesting.... Thank you! guess I'll have to buy one ..

Never buy 1.......always buy at least 10

haha, you see, I have special hardware that identifies broken chip in the chain. I need to check if it works with S9(i) version.
It communicates via serial interface through the 18-port wire that runs from controller board, but I am not sure if different voltage will make my device unusable... hope it won't...

I have that too, pretty damn expensive

1. How much did you pay for it? (if you don't mind Wink )
2. Have you checked it on S9(i)? I just bought one to be delivered in June, have to check if it works or not...
I really would not like to buy miners that I cannot fully test/repair myself... I think you have similar thoughts.

So say you've identified a faulty chip. Can you locate it physically, and then do you just replace that chip with any other chip from a replacement board or they are all individually assigned for each slot?

No assignment my dude, which made me very happy.
Just replace with the fresh one, or with the one unsoldered from another board.
But you know sometimes you also have to check voltage values of the other board components, because sometimes other components break too.

Ah thanks. How much is this hardware and where can you buy it from? ANd do you get the boards of ebay or another source?
Activity: 37
Merit: 0

haha, you see, I have special hardware that identifies broken chip in the chain. I need to check if it works with S9(i) version.
It communicates via serial interface through the 18-port wire that runs from controller board, but I am not sure if different voltage will make my device unusable... hope it won't...

1. How much did you pay for it? (if you don't mind Wink )
2. Have you checked it on S9(i)? I just bought one to be delivered in June, have to check if it works or not...
I really would not like to buy miners that I cannot fully test/repair myself... I think you have similar thoughts.

So say you've identified a faulty chip. Can you locate it physically, and then do you just replace that chip with any other chip from a replacement board or they are all individually assigned for each slot?
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
AND the numbers are IN!

S9i 14th at the wall (230v) = 1430-1445W

same test setup

A841 13.5th = 1280-1320W

Sorry Bitmain, Close......but not close enough

U sure this is correct? That is 7% more power for about 4% more hashrate?
Activity: 402
Merit: 116

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Maybe a silly question, but does anybody know which fan (front or rear) is supposed to be on the board outside connector?
I cleaned all my miners, and they are different assembled.I know the fans are different, so it should be specific one on front and one for backside fan.

Anyone?

It doesnt matter which one is front/rear, as long you put the correct air flow position (the air one in and one out).
Activity: 434
Merit: 30
Maybe a silly question, but does anybody know which fan (front or rear) is supposed to be on the board outside connector?
I cleaned all my miners, and they are different assembled.I know the fans are different, so it should be specific one on front and one for backside fan.

Anyone?

AND the numbers are IN!

same test setup

A841 13.5th = 1280-1320W

Hey, do you know if they used the same BM1387 chip for the (i) version?
If yes, is it just a PCB design rework??

From what I can tell, the control board uses different software versions. The PCB design are identical. However, the S9i have different settings than the S9 with a MUCH lower voltage target per board.
Activity: 500
Merit: 105
Any one have bitmain coupon can sell to me for making order^^
My email: [email protected] If you have , pls inform me. Thank you^^
wechat: +8615989304391

I sent you one $100 for free, enjoy!

me too.
Activity: 50
Merit: 1
Mining since 2018
Any one have bitmain coupon can sell to me for making order^^
My email: [email protected] If you have , pls inform me. Thank you^^
wechat: +8615989304391

I sent you one $100 for free, enjoy!
AND the numbers are IN!

same test setup

A841 13.5th = 1280-1320W

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
My point is your GPU ROI 4 times over since 2016 but had u just buy ETH instead, u would have made more like 50+ times over since eth was 10 dollars then..

I think they are always looking for new coins. They will probably have a miner for every algo one day lol.

I mine for a living.  I am my own employee.  My wife stays home to home school our son.  I trade and mine.  Those who don't have employment with someone else may not have extra funds to HODL coins since 2016 and may require revenue coming in to make ends meet.  Don't get me wrong, I've done well for myself in both mining and trading.  I'm simply pointing out it's not always as cut and dry as you make it sound.  

Everyone has different circumstances and can only do so much.  For instance, I know an individual in my town who is handicapped and cannot find a job with decent pay.  They do get a disability check monthly from the government but barely keeps him in a cheap apartment with utilities and food on the table.  He began mining in 2013 and has slowly built up his mining farm in his apartment to supplement his disability check and save a fraction of what he mines to HODL long term to hopefully see better days in a few years to come.  It's just not as cut and dry as you say.

The point I'm making is BITMAIN doesn't give a damn about the small guy.  The small guy is who they aim to push out; in favor of large scale operations to do business with.  Even then, the large scale clients of BITMAIN will ultimately be defeated in mining power.  

ASIC Resistant algorithms give the small guy incentive to get involved with a decent reward for themselves.  ASIC Resistant algorithms encourage new people interested in crypto to get involved in the space.  ASIC Resistant algorithms increase the size of "community" and attracts more to the space with GPU mining.  The advantages of GPU mining for the "community" far out weigh that of ASIC's dominated by one manufacturer.  Those advantages can be culminated into a list here but this is not the forum for such a post.
And all coins that u mine via gpu, such as eth, has increased in value like 50-100 times over...

Which means I made the correct call selling all my S7's in February, 2016 to begin purchasing hardware for GPU mining.  I "knew" better than to invest my funds from S7 sells into the new S9 at the time.  I saw much more potential for increased revenue with GPU mining instead of BITMAIN (ASIC) Mining.  I also liked the concept of getting back to GPU mining to rid the community of one manufacturer who dominated the space; which resulted in centralized mining by big corporation(s).

Phillip, told the truth in his comment just below my previous comment.  Bitmain is looking for another coin to gain an "edge" once again.  They're hoping the Equiphash algorithm will give them the edge they seek.  Currently, it's not looking so well for them with BTG, EXPANSE, ZEN and Bitcoin Private all saying they will fork to remain ASIC resistant.  If ZEC also ends up changing their algorithm, it's not looking good for Bitmain.

My point is your GPU ROI 4 times over since 2016 but had u just buy ETH instead, u would have made more like 50+ times over since eth was 10 dollars then..

I think they are always looking for new coins. They will probably have a miner for every algo one day lol.
Activity: 500
Merit: 105
got 3 200$ coupons expiring tomorrow.
PM if you want it.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
And all coins that u mine via gpu, such as eth, has increased in value like 50-100 times over...

Which means I made the correct call selling all my S7's in February, 2016 to begin purchasing hardware for GPU mining.  I "knew" better than to invest my funds from S7 sells into the new S9 at the time.  I saw much more potential for increased revenue with GPU mining instead of BITMAIN (ASIC) Mining.  I also liked the concept of getting back to GPU mining to rid the community of one manufacturer who dominated the space; which resulted in centralized mining by big corporation(s).

Phillip, told the truth in his comment just below my previous comment.  Bitmain is looking for another coin to gain an "edge" once again.  They're hoping the Equiphash algorithm will give them the edge they seek.  Currently, it's not looking so well for them with BTG, EXPANSE, ZEN and Bitcoin Private all saying they will fork to remain ASIC resistant.  If ZEC also ends up changing their algorithm, it's not looking good for Bitmain.
Those of you who paid top dollar for the S9 in December and January are beginning to wonder if my assessment is correct now, aren't you?

No because most of what you say is misinformed and ignorant.

Ill put any thousand of my S/T9s against your dumpy lil GPU rigs and we can compare profits.

No, you'll put your T9's against everyone else on a network hash rate that has more than doubled since January 1, 2018 [See chart below].  ROFL...  Good luck with that.  

I'm still mining with GPU's at a profit that I purchased in early 2016.  They have ROI'ed more than 4 times over.  Grin

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'

They been saying alot of things but so far just vaporware. I dont understand why they need to do a presentation to explain a miner. They just need to start selling them...
It says in development.

Just Japanese custom, They're going to have a formal announcement to all investors and see where it goes. Anyone on this forum going?

Hmmm but it does say in development right?  Didnt some forumers say 7nm is years away? Where is fuzzy

the 7nm will drop late 2018 or early 2019

avalon will have one . pretty sure they did some takeouts etc.

As for gpu vs asics I am all inclusive not exclusive .   Major problem here is bitmain is losing it s9 edge. it was huge over  everyone back in 2016.  now that everyone caught up bitmain is trying to find an edge again..  They do not give a fuck what coin or coins they have an edge in as long as they have an edge.

My opinion is bitmain will never have the edge it had with the s-9 back in June of 2016 pre ½ing they had a .11 watt miner and no one had a .25 watt miner except for bitmain's s-7.

They made vast sums of money with that edge and they want to do this with a coin again.  Maybe they can.  They will try to do it with any coin there is as the edge is what they live for.

To have that same  edge now would means you could build a 0.04 watt miner  doing 30th at 1200 watts and sell it at 2k-3k when it only costs you 700 to build.

No one has that as far as I know.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Those of you who paid top dollar for the S9 in December and January are beginning to wonder if my assessment is correct now, aren't you?

No because most of what you say is misinformed and ignorant.

Ill put any thousand of my S/T9s against your dumpy lil GPU rigs and we can compare profits.

No, you'll put your T9's against everyone else on a network hash rate that has more than doubled since January 1, 2018 [See chart below].  ROFL...  Good luck with that.  

I'm still mining with GPU's at a profit that I purchased in early 2016.  They have ROI'ed more than 4 times over.  Grin

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Looks like more hash rate will be on the way soon...  Canaan [Also known as AVALON] about to start an IPO; "not" ICO but "IPO"

Those who recently purchased the S9 may be in trouble with network hash steadily increasing while the price is decreasing.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4311665.new#new

They been saying alot of things but so far just vaporware. I dont understand why they need to do a presentation to explain a miner. They just need to start selling them...
It says in development.

Just Japanese custom, They're going to have a formal announcement to all investors and see where it goes. Anyone on this forum going?

Hmmm but it does say in development right?  Didnt some forumers say 7nm is years away? Where is fuzzy
Pages:
Jump to: