Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain's Released Antminer S9, World's First 16nm Miner Ready to Order - page 7. (Read 530807 times)

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
Any body know how much BTC you would have mined if you bought an S9 from the first batch?

Let say you received the 1st batch on 15 Jun 2016, and mining @kano.is, with avg 14.1x Ths, u have 1246 rewards @ aprox. BTC5.839

I was actually curious if this was a good buy in btc terms (obviously it was great in $$ terms).
I was able to find one of the first buys from phil:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15031192

he paid roughly 4btc.
so, you got (if 100% uptime, which is questionable for batch 1, but possible) 1.839 btc extra, but used electricity for 2 years.
If your electricity cost is $0.1/kwh, then you used about 0.1X24X730=$1752
So, in btc terms at current prices, you spent about 0.3 btc on electricity if you did not use lower (or higher) priced btc to pay for electricity.
1.839-0.3=1.539 btc profit on 4btc investment or about 19%/year return in btc terms. Not bad, indeed.

I bought batch 3 and later batches, which made it worse as far as btc return is concerned. Plus, a couple of first batches lost 1 board Ea, which I had to replace. Overall, apart from participation in the network, which might be the most important part, it was pretty much useless.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
Any body know how much BTC you would have mined if you bought an S9 from the first batch?

Let say you received the 1st batch on 15 Jun 2016, and mining @kano.is, with avg 14.1x Ths, u have 1246 rewards @ aprox. BTC5.839

Wats the point. U buy btc and hold makes many times more....
Activity: 143
Merit: 100

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
Don’t do a screen name after 4 glasses of Chianti
Still profitable to mine with S9?

I shut down my S9 becos the power bill is a killer...

Shut down my S9's as well a week ago.
Currently one S9 mining generating - $0.44/day loss
 Undecided

Only reason my 3 are still hashing is that I finally got my solar turned on 2 weeks ago.
Activity: 434
Merit: 30
Good decision. More and more people should do this. Better for the coin.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10

Shut down my S9's as well a week ago.
Currently one S9 mining generating - $0.44/day loss
 Undecided
Activity: 538
Merit: 175
I'm still trying to decide whether or not I should sell my S9's and the 1 L3+ that I have. It's getting too hot to mine here this summer and I'm not sure if I should hold out for the market to return or not.. any advice on what you guys are doing?
You can always flash the fixed freq firmware, 550M for example, and then tweak the frequency from there to reach a desired temperature. You could also set the fans to 100% manually to keep the miners a bit cooler, although that is more power draw.
Activity: 684
Merit: 19

Activity: 800
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
I'm still trying to decide whether or not I should sell my S9's and the 1 L3+ that I have. It's getting too hot to mine here this summer and I'm not sure if I should hold out for the market to return or not.. any advice on what you guys are doing?

undervolt and downclock while hot. I can make your a bmminer for that.

I made an tweaked s9 here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/antminer-s9-volt-rocket-ship-firmware-mod-time-to-max-out-your-bitmain-psu-4513567
legendary
Activity: 986
Merit: 1001
Be careful guys

I receive a mail with a limited offer of new scam model E9+ (2970 mh +5%) Presale with 200 usd coupon, algo Ethash

with an address to deposit, only for registered users.

Be careful dont fall into this Scam mail with a pdf with false info.

It seems legit because they have all my info, full name, address, etc,. but is fake.

Spread the word with your friends.
hey, guys, if anyone needs S9 for parts-see my ad in marketplace-mighty cheap.
one board might be even functional since it's the plugs on that one that got roasted, not the board itself.
Cheers.
Hey, do you need a tool to repair boards?

yes i do. can you PM me?
one board might be even functional since it's the plugs on that one that got roasted, not the board itself.
Cheers.

interested. pm me.
Activity: 442
Merit: 105
Activity: 35
I have an S9 whose 3rd chain GH/S(RT) is showing all zeros when it should be 4,500.88

I have rebooted & updated firmware but no change.

Any ideas?

Almost certainly you have a dead hashboard. You can switch signal cables (for example 1 to 3 and 3 to 1) to rule out malfunction on control board. If the problem moves to different slot you'll know it's the hashboard.

Unfortunately for warranty repair you need to ship the entire miner to Bitmain, if you still are under warranty period.
Activity: 18
I have an S9 whose 3rd chain GH/S(RT) is showing all zeros when it should be 4,500.88

I have rebooted & updated firmware but no change.

Any ideas?
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
Hey, guys!

Do $100 coupons (or any other) work when you order APW3 PSUs as a separate order or they are only for miners?
Thanks.

They are for miners, and should not exceed 50% value of it, as I saw on some email.
legendary
Hey, guys!

Do $100 coupons (or any other) work when you order APW3 PSUs as a separate order or they are only for miners?
Thanks.

Nope and u can see at the bottom of the item if coupons are allowed.

Ah, thanks. Haven't ordered anything for a while.
Things (outlay) changed.
Much obliged.
legendary
Cheers.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
Hey, guys!

Thanks.

Nope and u can see at the bottom of the item if coupons are allowed.
Pages:
Jump to: