Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmark - page 97. (Read 622213 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
September 20, 2014, 03:51:43 AM
Can the enormous rise in Hashrate be multipools? Individual miners that have extremely high hashrates. Or are these users who rent a lot of mining power, betting the price will go up even higher?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitmark Developer
September 19, 2014, 11:12:10 PM
Question for the devs:

Why stick with libdb4.8 when most others are using libdb5.1?

Had to compile with the --disable-wallet option since I could not get libdb4.8 to work  Undecided

We keep our codebase aligned with the latest bitcoin release, and with libdb4.8 so that wallets are portable. The build instructions are extensive, --with-incompatible-bdb configure option exists to build against any version of libdb. We also have cross compiled releases available for all targets which you may use.

How can i join the Slack group discussion please?

Please pm your email address to myself, EsteNuno, or medic. Or join the irc chat and ask somebody in there for a more realtime response.

Activity: 260
September 19, 2014, 09:27:07 PM
Hello
How can i join the Slack group discussion please?
legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
September 19, 2014, 08:40:24 PM
Question for the devs:

Why stick with libdb4.8 when most others are using libdb5.1?

Had to compile with the --disable-wallet option since I could not get libdb4.8 to work  Undecided
Bitmark Developer
September 19, 2014, 06:03:24 PM
On the topic of end users buying marks.

buymarks is one approach, localbitmarks another
we will also benefit from things like prypto to have prefilled cards
but what we really need is similar to how you reload a steam account or buy facebook credits, the latter being to me "ideal"
so we need people to set up a legal debit card to marks or sms to marks or paypal to marks service(s)
and then integrate those in to getmarked directly
so it's seamless for users, with nothing complicated
buy $1.50 of marks via sms with 2 clicks and a text message (edited)
I have offered to make the first sms gateways but cannot run them, or do the design work, so if anybody wants to run one, I'll give you a system to do it
but you'd have to run it as a business and dress it up in design yourselves
androidicus and batesresearch are doing one in the UK which may even work internationally, will confirm in due course
Bitmark Developer
September 19, 2014, 05:42:47 PM
very good coin, two days mining on very very good profiability.
thanks dev

Only two days? We need miners for many years Smiley

Update: Bittrex has also added our currency to their exchange.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
September 19, 2014, 05:27:53 PM
very good coin, two days mining on very very good profiability.
thanks dev
Activity: 54
September 19, 2014, 01:13:15 PM
I meant explaining how bitmark works and the specs of it, people don't want to read though 71 pages of bitcointalk to know what bitmark is, I think it would be beneficial for the people who don't know much about cryptocurrency.

Those lazy fucks should read the thread.

dude, calm down.

I'm currently working on a FAQ that will hopefully help address some of the questions people have. I also intend to include links in to where people can read more to further understand what the project is about.

Thats great, keep up the good work!!
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1002
amarha
September 19, 2014, 10:41:42 AM
I meant explaining how bitmark works and the specs of it, people don't want to read though 71 pages of bitcointalk to know what bitmark is, I think it would be beneficial for the people who don't know much about cryptocurrency.

dude, calm down.

I'm currently working on a FAQ that will hopefully help address some of the questions people have. I also intend to include links in to where people can read more to further understand what the project is about.
Activity: 809
Merit: 1002
September 19, 2014, 10:11:03 AM

dude, calm down.
Activity: 1274
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
September 19, 2014, 06:52:29 AM

legendary
Activity: 1316
September 19, 2014, 03:28:23 AM
Great to see Bitmark doing so well.  Smiley

Just wanted to let you all know that Bitmark has been added the CoinWallet.co online wallet service.

https://www.coinwallet.co

Running since Nov 2013.

As always use online wallets with caution and store the majority of your coins in cold storage or a secure / encrypted wallet on your computer.

Coinwallet.co serves as an easy to use and accessible wallet that you can access with just an internet connection. Handy to aggregate your mining income or have a small amount of coins accessible when you don't have access to your main wallet.

Free deposits.

0.5% fee on withdrawals.

2 Factor email authentication option on withdrawals.

Google Authenticator option on login.

Activity: 306
September 19, 2014, 12:05:49 AM
Didn't see a mac client...is there one that I just missed?

Client for all platforms: https://github.com/project-bitmark/bitmark/releases
Activity: 585
September 19, 2014, 12:00:52 AM
Didn't see a mac client...is there one that I just missed?
September 18, 2014, 10:51:07 PM
Bitmark Developer
September 18, 2014, 08:43:59 PM
This is going to be huge, it  could literally transform the whole way we use the internet, but first we must get a community going, I don't see anyone talking about bitmark. Everyone lets get the word out, let's start tweeting, sharing, and make YouTube videos we  need to let people know about this amazing new marking cryptocurrency.

Or we could just release marking and let people use it as they like.

If we need a youtube video to explain marking after it is released, then we have made it wrong and failed in our work. Have you ever seen a youtube video that shows you how to like something on facebook?
September 18, 2014, 08:41:33 PM
This is going to be huge, it  could literally transform the whole way we use the internet, but first we must get a community going, I don't see anyone talking about bitmark. Everyone lets get the word out, let's start tweeting, sharing, and make YouTube videos we  need to let people know about this amazing new marking cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 1036
September 18, 2014, 08:03:33 PM
What's special about this coin?
DEV for sure  Smiley
This was not another copy&paste coin, look at first post to see the whole background behind bitmark.
It's my favourite scrypt coin.

For sure it's DEV, this is the most special.

The dev is Satoshi
Activity: 560
September 18, 2014, 07:10:40 PM
Just discovered bitmark... and I must say this is just AMAZING!

The only thing amazing here is quantity of (garbage) text intentionaly blasted at noobs' faces to prevent them from realising that Bitmark is a just another scrypt clone.

That sad truth is, that if you had read through the thread or the documents or anything which other people had, you would realize that everybody already knows that the codebase is just a fork of the latest Bitcoin release modified to support scrypt and with the chain configuration adjusted to what we need. It's what you would get if Litecoin were created today, and has had just marginally more work than say Viacoin.

In fact, if you'd like to do the same, we've saved you the work, you can clone a fully tested version of our codebase here and use it as you please.

The saddest part however, is that you, unlike everybody else who replied in the last 1300+ replies, didn't take the time to discover what the project is about, or doing.

I am glad however that the above was your response, it shows our decisions in the way we crafted the thread have worked, in that you, are the only person with an uninformed comment out of 35,000 readers. That's quite an achievement.

Regards,

Mark

Thank You for those kind words. We understand that within this forum there exists many options for people to chose from, we greatly appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to both read and comprehend what Bitmark & Marking is all about. We wish to reciprocate this by remaining steadfast in working toward our goals...The Bitmark Project Team believes in action rather than hype & empty promises, so we shall continue with the approach that has worked so well for us. If you wish to be kept abreast of all the current developments, come join us on slack. Just send me or EsteNuno a PM with your email if you or anyone here is interested.
Thank You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P2jJdrz9bY

Also, your politeness makes me sick. No more post for a while from me, don't wanna bump this scam anymore - I'll check what you have done in a month or so, untill then happy
debating on irrelevant matters and luring noobs into buying craps you are selling.

Dev you really are quite pompous,  probably a good idea to step off that pedestal before someone pushes you.
Activity: 247
Merit: 100
September 18, 2014, 05:52:51 PM
Perhaps some have not yet finished reading about Bitmark.

Others may not fully grasp how Marking shall be implemented, at Web Scale NOT Crypto scale, through a Uniform RESTfull API.

Good news is around the corner!

In a few short days, Marking will go live and a new chapter in The History of the Internet shall be written.
Pages:
Jump to: