Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMarket.Eu has closed down - page 56. (Read 204067 times)

Activity: 607
Merit: 500
May 20, 2011, 03:38:29 PM
I could, but I don't want to Wink
I don't even want to buy coins via that service. But my (cleraly non-paypal) offers are getting accepted by users that want to pay via PayPal and the bid and ask match, because they also have bank wire selected in ther payment options.

I think it would be better if you could seperately select which options you want for selling and buying.

This is something we look into and will be implemented very soon.
legendary
Activity: 860
Merit: 1026
May 20, 2011, 12:02:36 PM
Are you planning to implement seperate payment options for buying and selling ?
(For example: I don't want to selling bitcoins for PayPal but I wouldn't mind buying coins via PayPal)

This is the main reason why my transactions are getting canceled T.T

Perhaps you could consider selling for Paypal (given my post above, this is pretty safe now)

Either way, we will implement this feature with the next update.
I could, but I don't want to Wink
I don't even want to buy coins via that service. But my (cleraly non-paypal) offers are getting accepted by users that want to pay via PayPal and the bid and ask match, because they also have bank wire selected in ther payment options.

I think it would be better if you could seperately select which options you want for selling and buying.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.
May 20, 2011, 09:48:41 AM
and what about adding EUR/SEPA international transfer as a payment method? i see offers within the eur region that do not match because of missing a common payment method of the users. i mean that wiring eur is not more expensive or more complicated than national transfers. i don't understand that

This will be added shortly.

This is added now. Everyone who wants to trade only with other europeans, please go to Account tab on the site, go to Payment Types section and activate SEPA transfers.

Great but you need to cancel all your current offers to make it appear clearly.

Yes. Also, make sure that the "Foreign wire-transfer" is not checked, unless you are willing to sell/buy to/from outside SEPA.
Activity: 428
Merit: 254
May 20, 2011, 09:46:26 AM
and what about adding EUR/SEPA international transfer as a payment method? i see offers within the eur region that do not match because of missing a common payment method of the users. i mean that wiring eur is not more expensive or more complicated than national transfers. i don't understand that

This is added now. Everyone who wants to trade only with other europeans, please go to Account tab on the site, go to Payment Types section and activate SEPA transfers.

Great but you need to cancel all your current offers to make it appear clearly.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
May 20, 2011, 09:35:21 AM

This is great. Thanks Smiley
May 20, 2011, 09:16:12 AM

May 20, 2011, 07:14:59 AM
great! i've found it (buyer pays fees)

question about the feedback: please give us a preview. would it include nr of positive feedback next to an offer?

It will display people's nickname and their rating next to an offer like this:

M4v3R (13)

You will be able to click on the person's nickname to list their offers and transactions, you also will be able to view from whom he had received their ratings. Much like it's done on eBay or similar sites.

May 19, 2011, 06:59:41 PM
Update: We have added support for offers in Rubbles.
May 19, 2011, 06:58:47 PM
hm, still not convinced to use paypal without knowing who's the buyer
it's been 6 months since i last time received payments (fundraising for a ngo i volunteered)
and i remember different kinds of nice people and a few troublemakers
to name at least two most annoying
- not using agreed (personal) transfer type
- leaving me to bear the fees (the amount received was not the net amount in the donation form)

hard to imagine this would be any better now.

and comparing to coinpal - he's been charging convenience fees in addition to paypal fees and the actual bitcoin value. but his service was 1:N, he informed clearly what to expect as part of the deal. while yours is M:N and there's no space to inform before the trade.
could you add a popup to transactions that could display a message from the offer creator? to give the other party insight what can be expected after they agree on the price

i have no idea if buyer insisting on using paypal would use a credit card (no way to avoid 3 % fee) or his account is funded and a personal transfer from him would be without fees.
comparing your site with bitcoin-central, there it was easier, both parties had to deposit their funds with the exchange operator and there was no need to discuss fees.

We have updated our FAQ. The buyer is always required to pay the fees (be it Paypal or wire-transfer). If they don't, you let us know and we will decrease the amount of the coins they'll get before you confirm the transaction.

We are currently working on the feedback system. Once this is sorted, then we may add short descriptions with each offer.
May 16, 2011, 07:51:33 PM
Perhaps you could consider selling for Paypal (given my post above, this is pretty safe now)

would you mind sharing on this forum what is the pass mark for account verification?
number of transactions or volume form previous trades? or just any good news from the past?

afaik ndrix mentioned that paypal chargeback can occur up to 180 days from the transaction
and he operated the site from late january to late april.

It turns out that quite often people own domain names that you can sometimes map to their paypal email address by using whois. Vast majority of verified people are long-time ebay users (at least a few years) with 100% positive feedback. I wouldn't have a problem with such people (of course, we get them to edit their profile or message us from their ebay account to confirm their identity; this is quite often only one step of the verification process) others have a few successful transactions with CoinPal going back 60 days or more. Others have a few successful transactions with bitcoinmarket.com or even us; there are very few people with OTC rating, so far.

In some cases, we even have passport scans and/or phone numbers; but this is the last resort.

There are also quite a few of people that I know from the forum and I know they are honest because I either dealt with them myself or others I trust did.

This is, more or less, it, nothing extremely special, but I think it will work.
May 16, 2011, 06:08:24 PM
We classify that as "Other", but you are right, it should be clearly stated there. Now it is, thanks for the suggestion.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
Obey me and live or disobey and die.
May 16, 2011, 06:05:35 PM
On the verification page you don't have an option for transactions successfully made using your service previously.  Is there a reason for that or? 
May 16, 2011, 05:51:00 PM
I want to verify my account, but I have no sucessful transactions in the previous version...., through Bitcoin-OTC account, a good history of CoinPal....
Is any other way to verify? Huh   

Just log in and select "other" option of verification. I will email you back with some suggestions. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005
May 16, 2011, 05:20:38 PM
I want to verify my account, but I have no sucessful transactions in the previous version...., through Bitcoin-OTC account, a good history of CoinPal....
Is any other way to verify? Huh   
May 16, 2011, 05:11:02 PM
(For example: I don't want to selling bitcoins for PayPal but I wouldn't mind buying coins via PayPal)

Either way, we will implement this feature with the next update.
legendary
Activity: 860
Merit: 1026
May 16, 2011, 04:45:30 PM

May 16, 2011, 04:19:39 PM
Just to give you guys an update: the verification process has been going quite smoothly.

I would like to encourage our sellers to start accepting Paypal - only buyers with good CoinPal, OTC and ebay history (with the same Paypal email address used to login to bitmarket.eu) are allowed to trade on Bitmarket, so the risk of chargeback has been lowered to minimum. Of course, we can't guarantee anything, but I think you are pretty much safe.

To give you a figure, we have verified ~50 out of ~900 registered members so far, so you can see that we are going pretty seriously about this.

We are hoping to make BitMarket a place where a seller can use Paypal with equal confidence as if they were using wire-transfer as payment method.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
May 16, 2011, 09:01:54 AM
What I really would like to be clarified in the FAQ is how to handle paypal fees and what's the recommended way to trade with paypal in general.
Activity: 428
Merit: 254
May 16, 2011, 06:03:50 AM
I'm curious to see if it will slow down transactions on bitmarket.eu or not.
May 15, 2011, 08:42:18 PM
I am going to sleep now, so all verification requests received from now on will be handled in ~8 hours.
Pages:
Jump to: