Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMarket.Eu has closed down - page 57. (Read 204067 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.
May 15, 2011, 08:38:47 PM
How can you verify that the eBay profile I would send you is really me?
it's been discussed on this forum already. you might be asked to edit your ebay profile
to include a specific text message as a proof of account ownership.

Exactly. Smiley
foo
Activity: 409
Merit: 250
May 15, 2011, 08:32:38 PM
Not necessarily. There are plenty ways to get registered and usually Paypal is the main issue. If you have a good transaction records with, for instance, ebay - we will be able to verify you.
Anyways, I'll contact you with my eBay name to be able to lurk along and wait until the price is right! Smiley
If you can send an eBay message from the account you prove that you can log in to that account, at least.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
May 15, 2011, 08:13:11 PM
Not necessarily. There are plenty ways to get registered and usually Paypal is the main issue. If you have a good transaction records with, for instance, ebay - we will be able to verify you.
Anyways, I'll contact you with my eBay name to be able to lurk along and wait until the price is right! Smiley
May 15, 2011, 07:20:31 PM
Maybe it was better if you could seperately set the payment options for buying and selling.

That's a very fair point, we will do this with the next update.
Activity: 126
Merit: 101
May 15, 2011, 07:01:20 PM
Well done. Verification rules are the way to build solid community and while it may take longer we will benefit from lower fraud in the long run
May 15, 2011, 06:56:34 PM
You are aware that your veryfication rules basically exclude anybody new to bitcoins? (and quite a few who just havent used these services...)

(in an emerging/wannabee market .... doesnt sound very sensible to me. Far to restrictive.)

Also, forum reputation or being recommended by someone with good reputation works. Just email us.
Activity: 607
Merit: 500
May 15, 2011, 06:55:37 PM
@0110: It's a hard trade-off - user conveinience and security vs ease of entry and use. Because the money is involved, we'll want to go for the former. Still, we're open for new verification procedure ideas if you can come up with something better.

Also because the money is involved we believe that people are willing to take some steps to be able to participate in this market in the long term. If you just want to buy some quick BTC then BitMarket.eu is not for you, perhaps you can try MtGox or some other "live" market site.
-
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
May 15, 2011, 06:52:59 PM
-
May 15, 2011, 06:41:52 PM
Major site update available!

First of all, thank you all for using BitMarket.eu to this day. There was many hiccups, but you guys were awesome and understanding, which is great. The all little things that irritated people gave us a reason to think what we can do to make the site better. There were some problems, that occurred very frequently, for example:

- people released their BTC funds too quickly, before actually receiving cash for them
- many times both parties wanted to cancel transaction for many reasons, which always had to be dealt by us
- some not serious members that were changing their minds regarding transactions, didn't reply to emails and such

All that has lead us to work on the new version of the site, which is very different from the old one in few key aspects. Biggest of them all is that all members have to be verified before making any offers. This is a one-time process every member has to pass to be able to use BitMarket. The verification can be done in several ways:

- people that had sucessful transactions in the previous version with at least 2 people will be verified if they let us know of this
- through Bitcoin-OTC account. To do this, you need to have GPG Authentication linked to your OTC profile
- providing us with a good history of CoinPal trades
- other means that we didn't think of yet

After successful verification you will be able to use BitMarket like you did before.

And now for a (unordered) list of what has been added or changed on the site:

- Change of withdrawal address needs an email confirmation now. This is for security reasons to protect you against scams.
- You, as a BTC seller, can (and should) define a message that will be sent to the buyer when he/she buys your BTC. This is for conveinence, so you don't have to send info about your bank/Paypal details every time. You can do this in your Account Details page.
- You can now cancel transactions. To do this, both parties have to agree on this (when one request it, other one will be asked for confirmation). This is now all automatic, so you don't have to bother contacting us directly anymore Smiley
- When pushing "Send BTC" a dialog will show describing what you are going to do, asking you if you really want to send the BTC to buyer (i.e. if the buyer already paid you)
- We revamped FAQ section, so now it's easier to find information about how the site works. We also added many more information to it
- The required number of confirmations for your funds to show up on the site is now 2.
- The minimum offer amount is now 1 BTC
- I probably forgot some small things, it's for you to discover them Smiley
- And hey, did I mention we're still 100% free?

What to expect

We haven't done yet. In near future we'll introduce member rating system, linked Bitcoin-OTC one. We'll also export your rating to the Bitcoin-OTC, so you will be able to use trust you've built on other sites. We have also other plans, but we can tell you all now Wink.

Like our service?

If yes, we kindly ask you to:
- leave a feedback on what do you like (and what you don't like) about the site
- use the address at the bottom of the site if you have some spare BTC Wink
legendary
Activity: 860
Merit: 1026
May 13, 2011, 03:58:39 PM
Maybe it was better if you could seperately set the payment options for buying and selling.
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
Obey me and live or disobey and die.
May 13, 2011, 02:05:30 PM
Great job btw i love the site its easy and swift, any news on the rating option i think it would be great to have a rating system like ebay hope that gets in soon, might encourage more people to trade.

Keep up the good work!
May 12, 2011, 03:45:41 PM
Can you share a file with all the strings of your website?
So it will be possible to translate it in many languages.

You can also use this service:
http://crowdin.net

We'll do that once we have everything in place. Now the strings are changing frequently, so there is no point in doing additional translations. But we'll definately look into this in near future Smiley
Activity: 33
May 12, 2011, 03:38:15 PM
Yes, please add SEPA wire transfer as a payment type.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
May 08, 2011, 06:51:46 PM
Maybe I overlooked it, but the distinction between "local" and "international" wire transfer is a bit confusing for me...

With SEPA I can transfer to many international accounts for free, but not to all - so either I put in "local" and risk not getting anyone offering be BTC which I want to buy or tick "international" and then maybe get offers from the US that I don't want to pay the fees for.

Maybe either put in a "SEPA" option or clarify what "local" means further (as it could mean "local in the EU").
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1208
I support freedom of choice
May 08, 2011, 04:44:47 PM
Can you share a file with all the strings of your website?
So it will be possible to translate it in many languages.

You can also use this service:
http://crowdin.net
May 06, 2011, 04:26:10 PM
We have added a password reset feature. To reset your password, try to login and you will see "Forgot your password?" link. Just click on it and follow the instructions.

Please note that the password reset link is only valid for 24 hours and you can only request one once per 24 hours to avoid spam.
Activity: 6
May 06, 2011, 03:21:02 PM
looks good guys! nice job!
May 06, 2011, 01:49:58 PM
Hi, I saw the market is in maintenance ... My first question is when it will be online again?

And the second question - is there any movement about my doubts for possible scammer in the market? Notified the staff through the mail ...

Just sent you an email regarding this, can you please respond? Thanks.
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
May 06, 2011, 10:46:20 AM
Hi, I saw the market is in maintenance ... My first question is when it will be online again?

And the second question - is there any movement about my doubts for possible scammer in the market? Notified the staff through the mail ...
May 06, 2011, 10:14:07 AM
Hi Mahkul ,

I'm facing another problem.
Yesterday I transfered 25 BTC from my MTGOX account to my Bitmarket.eu account.
Blockexplorer shows they arrived in my account on Bitmarket.eu. So all seems fine.
For some reason I don't see the 25 BTC in my account though ?
Could you explain that ?

Regards.
Is the transaction confirmed by the network yet ?

Yes, the problem was frozen bitcoind. :/ All the coins are safe, but the database couldn't contact the deamon - hence they did not show up.

Before bringing the site back we are triple checking whether all accounts were properly updated (everything looks in order, the site should be back soon).
Pages:
Jump to: