Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMarket.Eu has closed down - page 61. (Read 204067 times)

Activity: 607
Merit: 500
April 13, 2011, 01:55:54 AM
Ok, send the 20BTC to you donation address.  One more question. For the international transfers, are only the SEPA countries matched? Or will there also be a match if someone in outside SEPA zone and someone in SEPA zone check it (I guess then there will be additional costs to it).

We don't take that into account, yet. I assumed that because the site is for European people, it should be fine. I can add this another check, though.
legendary
Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001
April 13, 2011, 01:12:17 AM
We can try to resolve this by letting people to specify which payment options they accept. Then we would only match offers that have common payment options. What do you think?

Great idea! I'll donate 20 BTC when that gets implemented.

Ok, send the 20BTC to you donation address.  One more question. For the international transfers, are only the SEPA countries matched? Or will there also be a match if someone in outside SEPA zone and someone in SEPA zone check it (I guess then there will be additional costs to it).
April 12, 2011, 06:15:31 PM
Major update to BitMarket.eu is out!

After some testing we present you new version of the market, which has several improvements for both buyers and sellers. Please refer to the changelog below. Also, please read this entire post because the way bitmarket.eu work has changed in this update.

What's changed and what's new

• Payment Types. It's now possible to define payments you are willing to use or accept in your profile ("Account" tab => "Payment types" link). They are used in several ways (one of them described below), but most important is that they are used for offer matching. For example, if you check Foreign bank transfer, and the other party has it also checked, your offers (assuming that they have matching prices too) will match. If you don't have a common payment type with buyer/seller, the offer will NOT match to prevent you from getting into additional costs.
  • Market - Offers Auto-fill. If you see a offer you'd like to fullfill in the Market section, it is now possible to click on it, and you will be taken to Offers section, with offer details automagically filled and waiting for your confirmation. For example, if you see an attractive SELL offer of 0.5 EUR for 100 BTC, you can click on it, and you will be taken to Offers section with automatically filled BUY offer of 0.5 EUR for 100 BTC. It's hard to explain - just see it for yourself.
  • Market - Offers list improvements:
    - Payment types icons beside the offers
    - Currencies in different colors to easily spot the one you want
    - The list is sorted by currencies and by best price now, instead of date
  • In Account section you can now set the country you are in. It is used in conjuction with "Local wire transfer" payment type. If you select this type and it's the only type that matches an other offer, then it is checked if you and other party live in the same country. If not, offers doesn't match. It's another measure to prevent from costly money transfers.

What you should do now

Because in this update there were two additional profile settings introduced (Profile Types and Country) we ask you to fill it in your profile. For your conveinence, the Country field was automatically filled by us for you (by matching your IP addreses). It could be wrong though, so please double check it.
Also, please look for any possible bugs and report them to [email protected]. Because many things changed in such a small time, there could be bugs. You have been warned.

Thanks for your cooperation Smiley.
legendary
April 12, 2011, 03:10:17 PM
Using SEPA is a bit overkill to transfer 50 eurocents.

But the problem that Mahkul describes is the thing that is holding me back from using the market more often.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.
April 12, 2011, 12:09:43 PM
I don't think anyone will be sending 0.5 EUR internationally to buy 1 BTC.

If you use SEPA I (in Belgium) can make any payment in euro for free.

Yes, that's true. But the problem we are facing at the moment is - if someone buys BTC and they want to pay by Paypal, but the seller doesn't accept it.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
April 12, 2011, 10:19:29 AM
I don't think anyone will be sending 0.5 EUR internationally to buy 1 BTC.

If you use SEPA I (in Belgium) can make any payment in euro for free.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
April 08, 2011, 05:53:10 PM
thanks for the api  Grin
April 08, 2011, 01:33:17 PM
In another news, the site just got a set of APIs for use with other services: https://bitmarket.eu/api/

We also posted this info (and will post if we resolve above problems) on our Twitter account.
April 08, 2011, 10:53:02 AM
Another problem we will have to sort out are microtransactions. This wouldn't be an issue if PLN was the only currency (as it was planned at first), since even small transfers within some Polish banks are free and nearly instant. But after we decided to add EUR this may become a problem - I don't think anyone will be sending 0.5 EUR internationally to buy 1 BTC. If anyone has any suggestions on how to approach this problem please post here, we would appreciate some advice. One idea to tackle this is introducing limits or minimum purchases, but it's far from ideal.
April 08, 2011, 10:46:32 AM
So say I sold a few coins, and I emailed the buyer... how long should I wait before I ask for the transaction to be aborted? Is there a system in place to handle lack of communication?

I don't see anything related to that on the FAQ, but some guidelines would be appreciated.

Sorry, we are just in the process of implementing the preferred payment methods module. I don't want to write the FAQ now and then change it again in a day or two. Just like on bitcoinmarket.com we deal with transactions that should be aborted once they are not completed over a period of 10 days. If you have any requests please don't hesitate to send an email to admin at bitmarket dot eu and we will get it sorted.

EDIT: Also, if anyone has any suggestions regarding the way the exchange operates please post in here or write us. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1540
April 08, 2011, 10:38:05 AM
So say I sold a few coins, and I emailed the buyer... how long should I wait before I ask for the transaction to be aborted? Is there a system in place to handle lack of communication?

I don't see anything related to that on the FAQ, but some guidelines would be appreciated.
April 07, 2011, 03:25:32 PM
We are also thinking about escrow service to add another layer of security to payments, but that's another thing.

Yes, that would sometimes be handy. As long as that stays optional.

Yes, it will be optional.

We're in progress of adding the payment options feature. In the meanwhile, in order to be more transparent, we set up a Twitter account, where we'll post updates and news about the site.

Stay tuned! Smiley
legendary
April 07, 2011, 02:13:42 PM
We can try to resolve this by letting people to specify which payment options they accept. Then we would only match offers that have common payment options. What do you think?

Great idea! I'll donate 20 BTC when that gets implemented.

We are also thinking about escrow service to add another layer of security to payments, but that's another thing.

Yes, that would sometimes be handy. As long as that stays optional.
April 07, 2011, 02:08:06 AM

legendary
April 07, 2011, 12:39:26 AM
Why do cancelled transactions end up in "Your fulfilled offers"? Doesn't seem logical.

You're right - we are changing it now. The name of the table will now be "closed offers" and also, the offers that have been cancelled will be grayed out.

This is done now.

Thank you, much better. Still wondering about the following:

Lets say I won to buy some bitcoins. The person offering wants to be paid through Paypal, but I only want to pay through bank. How would this resolve? Will his bitcoins stay frozen until I pay (which I won't because he only accepts paypal)? And I want to place an order again at the same price (which will be matched again with this same seller), but can't.
April 06, 2011, 04:10:30 PM
Why do cancelled transactions end up in "Your fulfilled offers"? Doesn't seem logical.

You're right - we are changing it now. The name of the table will now be "closed offers" and also, the offers that have been cancelled will be grayed out.

This is done now.
April 06, 2011, 03:19:18 PM

legendary
April 06, 2011, 02:58:16 PM
April 06, 2011, 10:40:07 AM
There is a bug in the system which needs to be solved asap.  Huh
I was willing to sell bitcoins to test the new Bitmarket.
I always want to be sure that it is working correctly before transfering larger amounts.
I matched a low bid with an equal ask price.
The bitcoin froze at this point.
Then pressed confirm, which transfered a bitcoin to the other party.
The bitcoin transfered, but the bid did not disappear.
Then I created a new equal ask price offer.
At which moment it matched the bid again and froze an extra bitcoin.
Seems like bids are never removed after you match them ?

Btw: I do like the layout and looks of the interface and would love a JSON or XML interface to Asks, Bids and Trades.
 Grin

Cheers,
   purplezky

We have tested everything again and it seems to be working fine. I have sent you an email with possible explanation of what happened. Please write me back when you get it. Thanks.
April 06, 2011, 09:26:21 AM
There is a bug in the system which needs to be solved asap.  Huh
I was willing to sell bitcoins to test the new Bitmarket.
I always want to be sure that it is working correctly before transfering larger amounts.
I matched a low bid with an equal ask price.
The bitcoin froze at this point.
Then pressed confirm, which transfered a bitcoin to the other party.
The bitcoin transfered, but the bid did not disappear.
Then I created a new equal ask price offer.
At which moment it matched the bid again and froze an extra bitcoin.
Seems like bids are never removed after you match them ?

Btw: I do like the layout and looks of the interface and would love a JSON or XML interface to Asks, Bids and Trades.
 Grin

Cheers,
   purplezky

I just did that myself and the bid offer disappeared. Very strange, I will look into it.

Did you get any confirmation emails?

Just got your email, nevermind. I will get back to you on this asap.
Pages:
Jump to: