Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitminter bitcoin mining pool - shutdown mining 2020-07-01 website 2021-06-01 - page 10. (Read 324661 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Yes, there was just some BCH added to your account - nothing removed. As usual you can see all changes on your account under "my account" -> "transaction history" in the website menu.

Thanks I got a bit of bch.

to all  miners here

The Doc and I are working on something today maybe it will be setup by days end.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
Yes, there was just some BCH added to your account - nothing removed. As usual you can see all changes on your account under "my account" -> "transaction history" in the website menu.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
Why did you convert the btc to bch it doent make sense? I would perfer my coins be BTC.

He didn't, there was a fork. That means a separate blockchain was created at a certain point in time that was exactly the same as the Bitcoin blockchain. So anyone who had Bitcoins at that time also had an equal amount of Bcash. Dr. H is simply making that Bcash available for you to withdraw. To convert it you need to withdraw it to an exchange and sell it for Bitcoin.
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
BCH (bitcoin cash) has been credited to accounts equal to their balance of BTC at the time of the fork (2017.08.01)

You can cash out your BCH using "my account" -> "send coins" in the website menu. First click "BCH" on that page. You will need to use a CashAddr style address. If your BCH wallet does not support CashAddr then you can use the address converter at https://cashaddr.bitcoincash.org/ - but note: DO NOT put a bitcoin address into this calculator. It is for BCH addresses from BCH wallets that do not support the new CashAddr addresses yet.

What is bitcoin cash?

Bitcoin cash (BCH) is a fork of Bitcoin (BTC). You can read more about it at https://bitcoincash.org/
It shares a transaction history with bitcoin up to the time of the fork. If a wallet had a bitcoin balance at the time of the fork then it is possible to unlock the same amount on the bitcoin cash blockchain. For every BTC prior to the fork there now exists a BCH.

Does this mean Bitminter will support all other forks?

No. Cash out your BTC to a wallet where you control the private keys, then you can take part in the forks you want. Always cash out. Take control of your coins.

Are we mining BCH now?

No. We are currently only mining BTC, plus NMC through merged mining with BTC.

It says my address is not a valid BCH address?

If you are trying to send BCH to a BTC wallet, stop immediately and get a BCH wallet you can send the coins to.

If you are using a BCH wallet that only supports legacy addresses, use the converter at https://cashaddr.bitcoincash.org/ to get a CashAddr type address.

If you are using a multi-currency wallet or online service that supports multiple currencies, make sure you are sending to a BCH address. Use the converter if necessary, but double check that you have picked a BCH address, not a BTC address.

Why did you convert the btc to bch it doent make sense? I would perfer my coins be BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1109
As I mentioned in the original post, I used the wrong account. However, I can't figure out how to "reset" the login to use a different account.
There is no "logout" button, and every time I use the "login" button it assumes im using the "current account" rather than prompting me for a different account.
Thus, im stuck, unable to switch accounts.

Google is "helping" you. Smiley Go to google.com and log out from there, then go back to bitminter.com and try again. This time Google will ask you which Google account to use, because you logged out of Google.

Excellent, that worked. Thanks
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
As I mentioned in the original post, I used the wrong account. However, I can't figure out how to "reset" the login to use a different account.
There is no "logout" button, and every time I use the "login" button it assumes im using the "current account" rather than prompting me for a different account.

Google is "helping" you. Smiley Go to google.com and log out from there, then go back to bitminter.com and try again. This time Google will ask you which Google account to use, because you logged out of Google.
legendary
Help with login...
I used the wrong google account to login, it sais im a new uset, but I cant find any way to logout so it will re-prompt for my correct account.
Every time I hit the login button, it takes me to the new user page. I need to find some way to get it to prompt me again for my account so I Can enter the correct one.
Help?

You're either logging in with the wrong Google account or you didn't log in for several years and missed Google's transition from OpenID 2.0 to OpenID Connect.

Please use the contact form on the website to ask for help with this and we'll figure it out.

legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Help with login...
I used the wrong google account to login, it sais im a new uset, but I cant find any way to logout so it will re-prompt for my correct account.
Every time I hit the login button, it takes me to the new user page. I need to find some way to get it to prompt me again for my account so I Can enter the correct one.
Help?

You're either logging in with the wrong Google account or you didn't log in for several years and missed Google's transition from OpenID 2.0 to OpenID Connect.

Please use the contact form on the website to ask for help with this and we'll figure it out.
legendary
Help with login...
Help?
legendary
Never had an issue logging in with Google, for what it's worth.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Good to see the hash rate of the pool up so high, almost 6000Th when I looked a second ago!
However made my excitement at regularly being in the Top 20 when I got my second miner very short-lived! :-D
Hope Cryptokeeper is wearing ear-muffs being surrounded by all those miners.

Hehe I was indeed Cheesy

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
OpenID Failure: 0x704: I/O transport error: Connect to openid.aol.com:80 timed out

huh??

njmnokc s/n on pool

Looks like a repeat of a couple weeks back. AOL's OpenID server having intermittent issues.

If you would like a different type of login added to your account, contact [email protected]

Seems to be working now, and thank you for your insight and offer to change.
Happened to me once b4.
If this becomes too common, may take you up on your suggestion to change.
Again, Thank You, DrHaribo.

I used my Yahoo account and periodically I have trouble logging in due to Open ID failures. It always corrects itself within a couple days.
Activity: 44
OpenID Failure: 0x704: I/O transport error: Connect to openid.aol.com:80 timed out

huh??

njmnokc s/n on pool

Looks like a repeat of a couple weeks back. AOL's OpenID server having intermittent issues.

If you would like a different type of login added to your account, contact [email protected]

Seems to be working now, and thank you for your insight and offer to change.
Happened to me once b4.
If this becomes too common, may take you up on your suggestion to change.
Again, Thank You, DrHaribo.
To make it easier to empty out your balance with "send coins", it now displays the max you can send. Click the "use" button to use the max amount.

Can someone please explain why a minter like Homejoin with 10000ths would jump in and out of the pool from day to day. His 10 day running average wouldn't seem to make it worth while.

That's probably rentals.

So regular minters will rent time trying to finish the block more quickly? I didn't know people did that. Thanks
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts

huh??

njmnokc s/n on pool

Activity: 44

huh??

njmnokc s/n on pool
Can someone please explain why a minter like Homejoin with 10000ths would jump in and out of the pool from day to day. His 10 day running average wouldn't seem to make it worth while.
legendary
One of these days I'll figure out how to cash in my pre-fork coins to BCH, but for now I'm still to nervous to mess around with it.  Nice to know that when I do, I'll have a little more to xfer over from Bitminter.  Thanks!
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
BCH (bitcoin cash) has been credited to accounts equal to their balance of BTC at the time of the fork (2017.08.01)

You can cash out your BCH using "my account" -> "send coins" in the website menu. First click "BCH" on that page. You will need to use a CashAddr style address. If your BCH wallet does not support CashAddr then you can use the address converter at https://cashaddr.bitcoincash.org/ - but note: DO NOT put a bitcoin address into this calculator. It is for BCH addresses from BCH wallets that do not support the new CashAddr addresses yet.

What is bitcoin cash?

Bitcoin cash (BCH) is a fork of Bitcoin (BTC). You can read more about it at https://bitcoincash.org/
It shares a transaction history with bitcoin up to the time of the fork. If a wallet had a bitcoin balance at the time of the fork then it is possible to unlock the same amount on the bitcoin cash blockchain. For every BTC prior to the fork there now exists a BCH.

Does this mean Bitminter will support all other forks?

No. Cash out your BTC to a wallet where you control the private keys, then you can take part in the forks you want. Always cash out. Take control of your coins.

Are we mining BCH now?

No. We are currently only mining BTC, plus NMC through merged mining with BTC.

It says my address is not a valid BCH address?

If you are trying to send BCH to a BTC wallet, stop immediately and get a BCH wallet you can send the coins to.

If you are using a BCH wallet that only supports legacy addresses, use the converter at https://cashaddr.bitcoincash.org/ to get a CashAddr type address.

If you are using a multi-currency wallet or online service that supports multiple currencies, make sure you are sending to a BCH address. Use the converter if necessary, but double check that you have picked a BCH address, not a BTC address.
Pages:
Jump to: