Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitminter bitcoin mining pool - shutdown mining 2020-07-01 website 2021-06-01 - page 7. (Read 324661 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I still have my keys from pre-BCH that have bitcoin that should therefore have BCH on them too, I've just never done the conversion thingy to get that BCH.  As I understood it, when BCH forked BTC to create itself any BTC balance at that time was also valid BCH.  Anyone know if there is a time limit to do that?  Sorry if I'm not being clear enough.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392
Be a bank
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
So many people got their BCH stuck by sending it to BTC addresses.

Solution: make the website extremely annoying ...strict.
legendary
Ah thanks, missed that.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392
Be a bank
I'm trying to send my BCH to coinbase, but Bitminer site keeps saying my address is not a valid BCH address.  I'm simply copying the BCH address from my coinbase account, am I doing something wrong?
You have to use the cashaddr tool mentioned on that send page to convert your coinbase addy to the cashaddr format
eg  bitcoincash:qpm2qsznhks23z7629mms6s4cwef74vcwvy22gdx6a
legendary
I'm trying to send my BCH to coinbase, but Bitminer site keeps saying my address is not a valid BCH address.  I'm simply copying the BCH address from my coinbase account, am I doing something wrong?
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
For those who have BCH at Bitminter:

On the 15th of november BCH may fork into two coins.

Withdraw your BCH from Bitminter before the 15th, or you will only get one of the two coins. BCH withdrawals will be locked shortly before the fork, until the blockchain(s) stabilize, possibly several days later.

If you want both the two new BCH coins, but you don't know how to handle this yourself or you don't want to, then there are some services that will handle the fork for you and give you both resulting coins. One of them is Coinbase:

See https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2959951

You can watch a countdown at https://cash.coin.dance/ as well as some data on the two factions, Bitcoin ABC and Bitcoin SV, who disagree on the future of BCH.
legendary
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Today is 10 years since Satoshi Nakamoto published the Bitcoin whitepaper.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.encryption.general/12588/

That's pretty awesome. Thank you, Satoshi.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Thanks for testing! Yeah, it is exactly 6 months ago today that Bitminter got asicboost support. So far only a few people with Dragonmint miners have been able to use it. I guess we will see a lot more asicboost mining now.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Updated 2 x S9's today with bitmains new asicboost firmware...

have been testing asicboost on bitminter for a few hours now with no issues..
 packet capture and wireshark show its working.. slight decrease in hash power, 14.01 Th to 13.80...

I have not yet measured power to see what exactly the decrease in power usage is yet.
 the miners seem to be running about 8C cooler than ones with original firmware so im guessing that is a good sign its saving power.

you guys may not know this but doc added the asicboost code to the pool back in April, just had to wait all this time to test it Smiley

Great Job Doc! It works!

Fefox
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Bitmain has released a new Antminer S9 firmware with asicboost support.

Read more about it here: https://blog.bitmain.com/en/new-firmware-activate-overt-asicboost-bm1387-antminer-models/

You can download the latest firmware here: https://service.bitmain.com/support/download

If you try the new firmware it would be interesting to hear what changes you see in hashrate, temperature and electricity usage. Post them here if you have some numbers.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
If you have any BCH (bitcoin cash) in your Bitminter account, please cash it out as soon as possible.

We are not supporting the upcoming BCH forks.

I don't follow BCH closely, but from what I can tell, this is the situation:

On november 15th, Bitcoin Stash will fork from BCH. On the same day there is a BCH hardfork. It looks like everyone except bstash support this hardfork. However, it appears that Bitcoin ABC and Bitcoin SV have different ideas for the future of BCH. This may cause more forks. There may also be other forks I'm not aware of.

So collect your BCH today, and check https://bstash.org/ for more information on bstash.

legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
what is the advantage of setting the minimum difficulty?

You probably don't need it. The server will adjust the difficulty to suit your ASIC miner.

If your ASIC miner isn't able to function properly because the work it is getting is too low difficulty at the beginning when it connects, then you can set a higher minimum as a work around. This should not happen to anyone, and you should let me know if it does.

If your internet connection has extremely low bandwidth then you may want to set a high difficulty to reduce data traffic to an absolute minimum. This may be useful if anyone is still connecting with an ancient 56K modem (as used in the 90s) somewhere in the world. Not sure if this actually happens in real life.

Or maybe you are renting miners and the rental service requires an extremely high difficulty. Setting the necessary minimum should work. In some cases I may also be able to add logic to automatically detect the rentral service and set the proper difficulty automatically.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
what is the advantage of setting the minimum difficulty?
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
just ordered 2 new s9's
more computational power for the pool, YaY!
yip, yip, YIPEE! and ahead of schedule too!
now I can pay my electric bill, LOL

Hopefully a few more greens like that to balance out past bad luck!

If a really bad red pops up again, could be best part of a year to solve it given current hash rate :-(

Perhaps the coming Fall/Winter in N. Hemisphere we'll see an increase in Hash.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
How to join

Click "join" on the website to join. First you must choose a login method. Most use Google. In that case just click the Google logo. After that you can choose a user name.

Hopefully a few more greens like that to balance out past bad luck!

If a really bad red pops up again, could be best part of a year to solve it given current hash rate :-(
Pages:
Jump to: