Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitminter bitcoin mining pool - shutdown mining 2020-07-01 website 2021-06-01 - page 5. (Read 324661 times)

Activity: 136
Merit: 2
Today marks 8 years since the launch of Bitminter. Thank you to all who mine and mined with Bitminter over the years.

Thanks for all you've done Doc. I have missed being here. I couldn't afford to keep my S9's rolling at a loss with the drop in price of bitcoin over the last year. If things keep up, I'll probably be back on BitMinter this weekend with my 4 S9's. I couldn't sell those things to save my life and still have no one interested so I may as well fire them up and keep stockpiling the bitcoin before the halvening.

Hope to see you all soon and get back involved here! I miss working with you behind the scenes a little Doc.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Today marks 8 years since the launch of Bitminter. Thank you to all who mine and mined with Bitminter over the years.

More than welcome. Best pool there is for us hobby miners  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
He's Back!! Just when I thought my percentage was going to return to normal  Roll Eyes
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Some world class willy-waving going on in the pool today - chetjstojanovich1 at 2.5Phps :-D

That's a big willy.

For those not impressed by his 2.5Phps willy, he returned later with twice that (spread over three names) to finish the job off.

At this rate the "Computational Power" box will need making bigger, and the poor dial will need replacing. I'm not sure it can handle the strain.
Some world class willy-waving going on in the pool today - chetjstojanovich1 at 2.5Phps :-D

That's a big willy.
Out of sheer, sheer boredom, I thought I'd see how much electricity my miners chewed through - 4x S9/T9's..

Here in the UK, quick Google sees electricity from a popular supplier is £0.12205 per kw/h. 1x Antminer likes to eat 1.654kw.

So cost per hour = 0.12205 x 1.654 = £0.201..
Cost per day, multiply that by 24 = £4.844..
Cost per month, multiply that by 365.25/12 = £147.466..
Cost per year, multiply that by 12 = £1,769.598..
And multiply by 4 miners = £7,078.39..

The 4 miners have me at 50 or so Thps.

Mr chetminingco, who's hashing 330x more than that, would have an electricity bill of £2.34m if he were hashing here (assuming S9's/T9's).

I doubt very much they are - I would think more likely some places pay way less than the UK for electricity!

Mind on the last block, I think when I looked they made about half a million (US), so must be worth it for them at the current BTC value.

And that electricity price is cheap for the UK. Essex is £0.16 which makes things even worse. Hence why I only have Gekkos (and hopefully soon an R606) on my desk.

If they are making it work then good for them. Just a shame they have come to the "home of the small miner" lol.
Out of sheer, sheer boredom, I thought I'd see how much electricity my miners chewed through - 4x S9/T9's..

Here in the UK, quick Google sees electricity from a popular supplier is £0.12205 per kw/h. 1x Antminer likes to eat 1.654kw.

So cost per hour = 0.12205 x 1.654 = £0.201..
Cost per day, multiply that by 24 = £4.844..
Cost per month, multiply that by 365.25/12 = £147.466..
Cost per year, multiply that by 12 = £1,769.598..
And multiply by 4 miners = £7,078.39..

The 4 miners have me at 50 or so Thps.

Mr chetminingco, who's hashing 330x more than that, would have an electricity bill of £2.34m if he were hashing here (assuming S9's/T9's).

I doubt very much they are - I would think more likely some places pay way less than the UK for electricity!

Mind on the last block, I think when I looked they made about half a million (US), so must be worth it for them at the current BTC value.
Well big player "chet" finally got a block. Shame my percentage has taken a massive hit and will take ages to recover. Hopefully he managed to get a decent profit though lol
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I only have one miner running any more, it's a little 5GH ant miner and it's pointed here.  Tongue
Seems like we have some "big players" on the pool. At time of posting its 84PH  Shocked Hardly worth running my Gekkos now  Roll Eyes
Nice little unexpected block, cool! Good work tinozolli! Grin
Takes the sting out of the £700 odd pounds worth of BTC spent at Scan Computers earlier.
Ending the day with more BTC than I had, and a free computer thrown in :-D
Now, whether or not to splash out on another miner to get the hash rate up a bit Huh

Sigh, couldn't help myself Roll Eyes It'll be here next week Cheesy
Nice little unexpected block, cool! Good work tinozolli! Grin
Takes the sting out of the £700 odd pounds worth of BTC spent at Scan Computers earlier.
Ending the day with more BTC than I had, and a free computer thrown in :-D
Now, whether or not to splash out on another miner to get the hash rate up a bit Huh
Congrats on the block tinozolli!! My Gekkos are now almost breaking even with power consumption  Cheesy
Wow! someone is throwing some serious hashpower at the pool. Ive been wondering why my score keeps going down  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
DrHaribo, is your pool Asic Boost enabled? Only asking because I running VH’s gekkoscience optimised cgminer and everytime I try and enabled the asic boost for my newpacs it runs into problems.

Yes apparently mate

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=788753.msg35428192;topicseen#msg35428192
DrHaribo, is your pool Asic Boost enabled? Only asking because I running VH’s gekkoscience optimised cgminer and everytime I try and enabled the asic boost for my newpacs it runs into problems.
A nice block impeccably timed with BTC jumping up in value through the night.. £530 better off this morning.. for now! :-D

Thats a bit better than my £3.60 for my 5 newpacs lol
A nice block impeccably timed with BTC jumping up in value through the night.. £530 better off this morning.. for now! :-D
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
And pity about the tale block Cry
I was hoping to get the credit for the January through March work effort, before turning the rig off for the warm months (it's basically only on during the colder months as an alternative to the 1000W electric panel oven). Hopefully another block turn up soon while some of the later shifts are still eligible for pay.
Pages:
Jump to: