Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitminter bitcoin mining pool - shutdown mining 2020-07-01 website 2021-06-01 - page 80. (Read 324658 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
Currently there are two servers.

us1.bitminter.com:3333 in Los Angeles
us2.bitminter.com:3333 in Kansas City

mint.bitminter.com:3333 is an alias for us1.

If you set only one server, use mint.bitminter.com:3333

If you want a backup server I recommend you set either us2 as primary and mint as secondary, or mint as primary and us2 as secondary "pool" in your miners.
Activity: 471
Merit: 250
New server is up, and stats have been updated on the website!

We now have a new server up at us2.bitminter.com:3333 (Stratum only)

Should we all be updating our stratum miner settings to this new server now? The homepage info still says stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333, will the '3333' server be closing at some stage?

legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
If you have already used a worker on a mining server and then change its settings it can take as much as 20 minutes (worst case) for that mining server to notice the settings have changed.
Activity: 240
on west hash.

I deleted the order and recreated and now is working.

us2.bitminter.com is what I used on the second and third attempts and I had tried changing the difficulty.
made a new worker and redid the order now working.

Thanks all
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
Anyone looked at these guys?

https://pbmining.com/stats.html?

I'm in Canada so it says I can't mine with them.  But it seems pretty reasonable for someone not wanting to buy hardware to do this.

Seems cheap enough.  I can't find anyhting about power or maint costs.

This would be long term rentals.

Fahlcor
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Now that the last 10 shifts can be accomplished in roughly 24 hours, it seems to me likely that a shift not paid could scroll off the list. In other words, the work is never paid. Am I thinking about this incorrectly?

Shifts with zero pay happened every once in a while before when 10 shifts were 4x difficulty. Now 10 shifts are 1x difficulty and it will happen more often.

Shifts with zero pay are averaged out by shifts with very high pay. Very high paying shifts also now happen more frequently.

The reduced shift size means no change for 24/7 miners.

The reduced shift size means increased variance for part-time miners.

Also see this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9161208
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
make sure that the pool is using minimal/starting pool share difficulty which is compatible with our service

Try setting the minimum difficulty on your worker to 16.

An estimate is not needed to me as I see it.  But when we find a block it would be nice to see how much I made on each one. Otherwise I have to add up the shifts but that could be multiple blocks.

You can see how much you got for each block under "my account" -> "transaction history" in the website menu. There's just no estimate for future blocks anymore - you can still see what you got for the blocks after they are found.

For an estimate of future payouts the best tool is really to google "bitcoin mining calculator".

The amount earned /block is a fixed number is it not?  I guess also assuming that it confirms.

The income from a block is 25 BTC (until next reward halving), plus the transaction fees which vary from block to block. The pool fee of 1% is deducted from this. Then the rest is paid out. Your share is determined by your share of the work effort in the 10 latest shifts.

If the pool hashrate goes up, the pay per block drops, causing some miners to be unhappy when that happens - thinking some big miners come in and take all the profits from them. This is a fairly common misunderstanding. Taking this logic to the next level would be to go look for the smallest pool available, to get better payouts. That does not seem to be common though. How it actually works: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/10731/mining-pool-hashrate-effect-on-a-miners-income
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?rfid=6679
You are working with it so i trust it must be good.

Thanks Fahlcor
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Imagine you do a little mining for a couple hours in the morning. Later you mine a couple hours in the evening. We find a block and both the morning and evening work is paid. Later we find another block and only the evening work is paid, as the morning work is no longer among the 10 latest shifts.

Now that the last 10 shifts can be accomplished in roughly 24 hours, it seems to me likely that a shift not paid could scroll off the list. In other words, the work is never paid. Am I thinking about this incorrectly?
tryed it out all of what you say,
Establishing connection with pool us2.bitminter.com :3333... Error: us2.bitminter.com
Your pool is shown as incompatible therefore we encourage you to contact pool operator to make sure that the pool is using minimal/starting pool share difficulty which is compatible with our service (and thus compatible with today's miners), please send them link to our FAQ on this topic: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqb3. Thank you!

And this is what i get

I get this on the verifier

Notice: Pool verificator is still in BETA. It may contain some bugs and it may report pool being compatible while in fact it is not compatible or vice versa.

Pool host: us2.bitminter.com
Pool port: 3333
Pool user: Fahlcor.Westhash
Pool pass: 123
Algorithm: SHA256

Establishing connection with pool us2.bitminter.com:3333... OK
Sending mining.subscribe... OK
Sending mining.authorize... OK
Received mining.notify subscription... OK
Received mining.set_difficulty... Pool difficulty too low (provided=4.0, minimum=16.0)
Waiting for pool to send higher difficulty.
Received mining.notify work... OK
Received authorization result... OK
Received mining.set_difficulty... OK

Pool verification process is complete. Tested pool is compatible!
It would be very useful if those who want the "estimated pay per block" number back could explain what they get out of it.

Here is how I see it:

The shifts page shows how much work you did at which time and how well it was paid. The payment for a block is many of these lumped into one bigger number, which is much less informative.

Imagine you do a little mining for a couple hours in the morning. Later you mine a couple hours in the evening. We find a block and both the morning and evening work is paid. Later we find another block and only the evening work is paid, as the morning work is no longer among the 10 latest shifts.

Looking at the two payments you got one big first and then one small payment later. You could look at the time the blocks were found and correlate that with your work in the 10 latest shifts at the time, and you'll understand what's going on. But most people won't. They will believe they are being punished for not mining 24/7. Or that "I need to wind up that PPLNS-thing, so I get paid fairly again."

Looking at the new shifts page you can instead look at how much work you did in the morning hours, and in the evening hours. And you can see that the morning work was paid an average rate, while the evening work was luckier and received double that.

I really believe this shows much better the relation between work you did and the pay you received.

What is perhaps missing is showing the 10 paid shifts on the block page (when you click a block in the block list). Would that be of help?

An estimate is not needed to me as I see it.  But when we find a block it would be nice to see how much I made on each one. Otherwise I have to add up the shifts but that could be multiple blocks.

on the blocks page if you had 2 more columns.  My work towards a block and the earnings from the block being found.

I agree Doc the estimate could be misleading again.

The amount earned /block is a fixed number is it not?  I guess also assuming that it confirms.

Thanks

Fahlcor
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?rfid=6679
tryed it out all of what you say,
Establishing connection with pool us2.bitminter.com :3333... Error: us2.bitminter.com
Your pool is shown as incompatible therefore we encourage you to contact pool operator to make sure that the pool is using minimal/starting pool share difficulty which is compatible with our service (and thus compatible with today's miners), please send them link to our FAQ on this topic: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqb3. Thank you!

And this is what i get
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
It would be very useful if those who want the "estimated pay per block" number back could explain what they get out of it.

Here is how I see it:

The shifts page shows how much work you did at which time and how well it was paid. The payment for a block is many of these lumped into one bigger number, which is much less informative.

Looking at the two payments you got one big first and then one small payment later. You could look at the time the blocks were found and correlate that with your work in the 10 latest shifts at the time, and you'll understand what's going on. But most people won't. They will believe they are being punished for not mining 24/7. Or that "I need to wind up that PPLNS-thing, so I get paid fairly again."

Looking at the new shifts page you can instead look at how much work you did in the morning hours, and in the evening hours. And you can see that the morning work was paid an average rate, while the evening work was luckier and received double that.

I really believe this shows much better the relation between work you did and the pay you received.

What is perhaps missing is showing the 10 paid shifts on the block page (when you click a block in the block list). Would that be of help?

I clearly understand that many people tend to misinterpret that statistic. Since i mine 24/7 here, it just give me an approximation of what i should get for a block (short or long block). But with the high hashrate movement lately and the shorter shift, it would be more off then when we had a more stable hashrate and longer shift.

It is not necessary at all, i'm just kind of use to it.  I will please myself (lol) with the information for each shift. (What exactly I won for my work)

As the usual, Thanks Doc Smiley
I'm feeling lucky.  And I want my name on a block in the worst way...

Not feelin so lucky now... :-(

oh well I'm still up 2 btc on the week from the renting game...

need to wait for the  next red to pass.

Fahlcor
Wrote too fast. While it does not give the error and does show hashing on the order. Nothing is
showing up under my account on bit minter. I had reset the worker being used and it shows not
even a single share in 20 mins.

I pinged the us2.bitminter.com which matched what showed under the order 204.27.61.162.

I have canceled the order, made a new worker and created a new order with new worker name. Will advise
again later.

You are sure you are using the correct user_worker name? Most importantly, that it starts with your correct user name and an underscore?

I user Fahlcor.worker with password 123 and it works fine for me.

and yes you need to use US2.bitminter.com as the otherone won't work.  I'll leave that up to Doc to figure out.

Fahlcor
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Wrote too fast. While it does not give the error and does show hashing on the order. Nothing is
showing up under my account on bit minter. I had reset the worker being used and it shows not

I pinged the us2.bitminter.com which matched what showed under the order 204.27.61.162.

I have canceled the order, made a new worker and created a new order with new worker name. Will advise
again later.

You are sure you are using the correct user_worker name? Most importantly, that it starts with your correct user name and an underscore?
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts

Here is how I see it:

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

For unconfirmed payments there is only the unconfirmed balance on the account details page. Hmm. Maybe I could add your share from the block in the block list. There's not much room though.

Yes, that would be good. It's no longer easy to figure out how much you can expect per block when you have TH/s coming in and out of BitMinter. To me, pay per shift is useless.  You only get paid when a block is found. Everything else is noise unless you are on a pool that pays for work done regardless of blocks being found.

I agree, the "expected" payment per block was nice, even if it's not totally accurate (which is normal) I hate to see it go down as time go by but it was a nice information for me. ;-)
Activity: 240
"Error: Extranonce1 size and extranonce2 size greater than 8"

Try us2.bitminter.com - it has extranonce2 size of 4 bytes.

I'll be switching mint.bitminter.com (us1) from 6 to 4 bytes in the future.

Did the trick Doc !!

Thanks,

again later.
Activity: 276

For unconfirmed payments there is only the unconfirmed balance on the account details page. Hmm. Maybe I could add your share from the block in the block list. There's not much room though.

Yes, that would be good. It's no longer easy to figure out how much you can expect per block when you have TH/s coming in and out of BitMinter. To me, pay per shift is useless.  You only get paid when a block is found. Everything else is noise unless you are on a pool that pays for work done regardless of blocks being found.
Pages:
Jump to: