Pages:
Author

Topic: BitShop - cryptocurrency shopping cart script [PHP/MYSQL] (v1.1.2) - page 4. (Read 74817 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Gems:Crypto
@Bitfreak

Been following your work for a long time and will be a big supporter for the future.

Bitshop is the underlying script for my upcoming gemstone shop revitalization. I recently purchased a license with 6 months support but the script was easy enough to set up so I have had no questions so far. Customizing it has been easy.

Keep up the great work!
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
Just got another report of the "Status: Call to a member function query() on null" error so I looked into it and found the cause. That error message will show up on the default payment gateway whenever the check-status.php script tries to access the database because a database connection is not established in the check-status.php script. I didn't notice that issue because the only time it needs to access the database is to update the status of the order if it has expired or if it was underpaid. However if your settings require 1 or more confirmations that error will probably occur all the time because it will try to update the status of the order to "payment pending", meaning it has been paid but doesn't have enough confirmations yet.

Anyway, the problem can be fixed by calling connect_to_db() after line 15 in the /sci/check-status.php file so that it looks like this:

Code:
if (!empty($_GET['t'])) {
  $conn = connect_to_db();

EDIT: sorry I forgot the "$conn =" part, make sure to include that or the fix wont work.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
@SteamGamesBTC.com: got a quick question for you, check your pm inbox. Also thanks for providing BitShop support when I'm not around, it's appreciated.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
And you fixed the final problem... thank you my man. Appreciate it a LOT.
Activity: 734
Merit: 507
Try: apt-get install php5-gd
Then restart apache/nginx service or... reboot your VPS ;-)
I'm hosting the files from a VPS that's running Ubuntu 12.04 =p.
@HELP4LINDA
What hosting do you use? If it's your own, it might be a problem with non-exist some of php module - on the server side.

PS. Also change r/w permission of /ticker/weighted_prices.json
Cheers man, just having one final prob with the captcha image not displaying in any browsers.
@HELP4LINDA
Change the permissions to readable/writeable (chmod 666) of /inc/config.php and /sci/config.php.
Thanks,

Permission denied in /var/www/lib/special.lib.php on line 329 - any ideas? Only problem I'm running into.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
@HELP4LINDA: check your email inbox.
@HELP4LINDA
Don't worry, I bet bf! will allow you to download once more, as soon as he reads it.
Paid for the single time download, used wget on the unique URL and forgot to add the appropriate flag. It now doesn't let me download it and says I must wait 7 days when it's going to expire in 2~. I know I paid for a single time download but I didn't actually manage to download it. I did use the "Contact US" page.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
It's Never End
Either the config.inc.php file isn't writable due to having the wrong permissions or it isn't owned by apache so can't be modified by apache.
thanks problem solved  Grin
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
Either the config.inc.php file isn't writable due to having the wrong permissions or it isn't owned by apache so can't be modified by apache.
It's Never End
i get error on instalation

Failed to create default categories. how to fix it ?
I guess just untick the box for creating the default categories and see if that works.
i untick the box and get error
Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/html/lib/../inc/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/lib/special.lib.php on line 329
Failed to apply settings!

Undecided
legendary
electronic [r]evolution

I guess just untick the box for creating the default categories and see if that works.
It's Never End

legendary
electronic [r]evolution
Do u intend to keep this project going for a while and if so, do u make enough with the sales of licenses to incent u?
Don't worry I'm not going to abandon this project any time soon, it makes me enough to keep me motivated.

1. If I prefer to display in BTC rather than mBTC - do i simply put the decimal point setting to ZERO?
Yes.

but i didnt really input the shipping charges in any settings so how is it calculated?
It is the product weight multiplied by the weight multiplier in the sci settings. So if you're product has a weight of 2 and your weight multiplier is set to 4 and you're using USD as your fiat currency, then the shipping cost for that product will be $8 (2x4). Then that fiat amount will be used to calculate the BTC amount. The weight multiplier essentially specifies how much each weight unit is worth in fiat value. If you want an item to have free shipping then set its weight to 0.

is there a way to get it to just use a flat ship charge per ORDER (not per item)?
No there is not.

allow admin setting to apply ship charges to 1st item only.  so 2nd item, 3rd item, etc get $0 ship charge in the cart.
As I said a few pages ago, BitShop was never intended to have support for physical products, the only reason I added basic support for physical items is because it wasn't very hard. There are already a large number of shopping cart scripts which have extensive support for physical items and I have no intention of matching those features. However I will take into consideration some of your ideas.

Payment gateway - can u explain a little about this?  I don't use coinbase and wouldn't want to.  But what is the DEFAULT gateway used?
The default gateway is the built-in gateway that uses the block explorer API's to confirm a payment without using any 3rd party payment gateway. It can also be configured to use a coin daemon if you want to accept an altcoin or you want to avoid using the explorer API's.

i chose 0 confirmations but notice the progress bar still exists.  Is it doing anything?  Perhaps checking that the balance is not equal to ZERO at which point it will finish up?
Obviously the progress bar is not very meaningful when you are using 0 confirmations. It will just load based on the average time it takes to confirm a transaction. If the transaction is still not received when it reaches 99% it will go back to 50%, if I remember correctly.

i also have seen a few times where it says no API is available.  Ive noticed this on lots of different APIs for various shops that try to get balances etc.  Especially if on tor.  Seems like they don't like to be tapped for info and it mucks everything up.
The latest versions of BitShop use multiple explorer API's in case one or more of them fail, so you shouldn't really see that error any more. If your server is a hidden service or something like that then they may block your website from using their API but I have no control over that.

a button to check balance of the address would be tremendously helpful for those who want to manually confirm if they have trouble with API stuff like described above.
There is a get balance link if you go into the order details page.
Activity: 139
Merit: 13
few questions - im a physical item shop..

1. If I prefer to display in BTC rather than mBTC - do i simply put the decimal point setting to ZERO?  I think that works but wanted to be sure.

2. Shipping - this is the biggest confusion point for me.  Using an example where a user wants to buy items in a single order like this:

Qty 2 x item A @ $5 each = $10
Qty 3 x item B @ $6 each = $18
-------------------------------------
Item Subtotal                  = $28
Shipping Option [select]   = $ 5
------------------------------------
USD Total Due                 = $33
BTC Total Due ($230/btc) = 0.06004 BTC

- they go to cart to checkout
- the shipping charges are then shown at the item level
- but i didnt really input the shipping charges in any settings so how is it calculated?  I saw the SHIPPING WEIGHT setting (defaulted to 4).
- how is it calculating?  Is the weight setting using some fraction of the item price?
- is there a way to get it to just use a flat ship charge per ORDER (not per item)?
- ideally, the shopping cart would display the item qty, item name + item totals
- then a little dropdown at bottom to pick a ship option with a flat fee for the entire order (i might have 3 choices: Priority $5, Express $20, Local Pickup $0)

3. Other shipping ideas that might work:
- allow admin setting to apply ship charges to 1st item only.  so 2nd item, 3rd item, etc get $0 ship charge in the cart.
- if i understand the weight setting, that would also work for most physical item shipping and might allow those who benefit from the weight functionality to keep that in place while other flat order shippers have their workaround.

4. Payment gateway - can u explain a little about this?  I don't use coinbase and wouldn't want to.  But what is the DEFAULT gateway used?
- i chose 0 confirmations but notice the progress bar still exists.  Is it doing anything?  Perhaps checking that the balance is not equal to ZERO at which point it will finish up?
- i also have seen a few times where it says no API is available.  Ive noticed this on lots of different APIs for various shops that try to get balances etc.  Especially if on tor.  Seems like they don't like to be tapped for info and it mucks everything up.
- The only thing I can think of is to let 0 confirmation setting shops provide a button where they rely on user to click button once they pay.
- Or am I doing something wrong and the APIs should always be available?

5. Order Management Dashboard
- a button to check balance of the address would be tremendously helpful for those who want to manually confirm if they have trouble with API stuff like described above.

Pages:
Jump to: