Pages:
Author

Topic: BitShop - cryptocurrency shopping cart script [PHP/MYSQL] (v1.1.2) - page 9. (Read 74744 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
New version is coming along nicely now, should be finished within a week. Sorry it's taking a bit longer than expected but it really is a huge update and it will be well worth the wait, trust me.

Is there a way to allow other payments?
The new version will support multiple payment gateways simultaneously (default payment gateway, Coinbase, and hopefully also GoCoin). The customer will have the option to choose what payment gateway they want to use during checkout (admin can enable/disable gateways in any combination). Each gateway may or may not support multiple currencies, for example GoCoin supports BTC, LTC, and DOGE but Coinbase only supports BTC. I haven't added support for GoCoin yet but I'll be doing that within the next few days. The default payment gateway also now has RPC support so you can accept what ever altcoin you want if you're running the altcoin daemon. All the payment gateway code is now entirely modular so that new payment gateways can be easily installed into BitShop without messing around with existing BitShop code. I was even thinking about adding a PayPal module but that would be kind of against the principles of BitShop.
Don't forget physical item / address support ;-)
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
New version is coming along nicely now, should be finished within a week. Sorry it's taking a bit longer than expected but it really is a huge update and it will be well worth the wait, trust me.

The new version will support multiple payment gateways simultaneously (default payment gateway, Coinbase, and hopefully also GoCoin). The customer will have the option to choose what payment gateway they want to use during checkout (admin can enable/disable gateways in any combination). Each gateway may or may not support multiple currencies, for example GoCoin supports BTC, LTC, and DOGE but Coinbase only supports BTC. I haven't added support for GoCoin yet but I'll be doing that within the next few days. The default payment gateway also now has RPC support so you can accept what ever altcoin you want if you're running the altcoin daemon. All the payment gateway code is now entirely modular so that new payment gateways can be easily installed into BitShop without messing around with existing BitShop code. I was even thinking about adding a PayPal module but that would be kind of against the principles of BitShop.
Activity: 896
Hoping that this update makes me decide this again, keep it up! Smiley
Activity: 280
Merit: 100

Activity: 734
Merit: 507
Keep on the good work bitfreak! :-)
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
I have changed my mind. I will be going with something else.

This product has became too unstable for me and has some issues + no support or direct contact with developer
I always give support in this thread and to anyone who contacts me directly by using the contact form on the BitShop website, although some times it may take me a day or two to respond.

I am currently visiting a relative but I have my laptop with me and I'm working on BitShop when I can. The new version of BitShop should be released within a week or two. It's a major update with many new features, including a shopping cart which will allow users to purchase multiple items at the same time, a revamped payment gateway, support for daemon RPC's to allow the use of altcoins, support for physical items with shipping addresses and shipping costs, and a member area which will allow customers to log in and check their order history, download files and codes they have previously purchased, among other things. I'm trying to do it in a way that doesn't impinge on the fast and anonymous checkout process.
I have changed my mind. I will be going with something else.

This product has became too unstable for me and has some issues + no support or direct contact with developer
is there a way I can contact you directly? and any ETA on the new update with physical products?

I have a big business plan made already and other things just waiting on this.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
Any idea why btce isn't working any more for the grab ?
Seems to be a problem with the bitcoincharts.com API. Changing to bitstamp should fix the issue. And I will try to add something in the next version of BitShop which allows the use of an alternative exchange rate. I might actually look for an alternative to the bitcoincharts API because it doesn't seem to be super reliable and the formatting of their markets.json file is stupid.
legendary
Any idea why btce isn't working any more for the grab ?

Also, I would like to make a suggestion about that in the config area. So people don't have to guess at what to type since to call a sites numbers, they could use any possible combination of letters. Or add or remove one. ex btce > btceusd etc. etc. etc.

Where one might normally type in the name of the exchange they'd like tp use for price data. Can we make that a drop down menu that reads the exchange names from the json file then it's just a matter of choosing which one wants from those available.

Hope that made sense, Ty.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
But anyway, the new version... will it finally accept physical goods / address fields ?
Potentially. I'm trying to set up the foundations for it now so support for physical should be coming soon if not the next release.
legendary
For anyone running BitShop 1.0.6 and unable to get the coinbase API working, you can download a patch for that problem here.

Also I should mention that I have started work on 1.0.7 and I have many large plans. It's going to include many awesome new features which will take BitShop to a whole new level.
Thx to me you found that bug lol

But anyway, the new version... will it finally accept physical goods / address fields ?
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
@juffer: you'll need to edit your database. The CodeData field in the Codes table is of type TINYTEXT which limits it to 255 characters. Change the type to TEXT or VARCHAR(length) to set your own size limit.

Thank you, it works now!
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
For anyone running BitShop 1.0.6 and unable to get the coinbase API working, you can download a patch for that problem here.

Also I should mention that I have started work on 1.0.7 and I have many large plans. It's going to include many awesome new features which will take BitShop to a whole new level.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
@juffer: you'll need to edit your database. The CodeData field in the Codes table is of type TINYTEXT which limits it to 255 characters. Change the type to TEXT or VARCHAR(length) to set your own size limit.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Hello,

I bought BitShop a few month ago and I really love it!

Just one question:

The input for new item-codes seems to be limited to 250 chars. The first 250 chars will be saved sucessfully but all other chars won't. I wasn't able to find this restriction in the source code. Can you say me where I can find it?

best wishes
legendary
Question...

Code:

• if ($page == 'lotteries') { echo 'class="active"'; } ?>>
                    echo $lotto_button?>

• In addition to page lotteries, can it (the button) be set to be "active" for not only page "lotteries" but pages "*_lottery" where the * is a wildcard for any name preceding _lottery.

Past experience tells me it should be able to be done via some array, just not sure in the wildcarding for things preceding _lottery.

Ty.

Edit 6/12/15:

Code:

• if ($page == 'lotteries' || preg_match("/(.*)_lottery/"$page)) { echo 'class="active"'; } ?>>
                    echo $lotto_button?>

• Problem solved.
    legendary
    electronic [r]evolution
    I have no idea how to set up the cron job.
    Trying watching the installation tutorial (link is in the client file area). Also read the install.txt file inside the goxgrab folder.
    @Skyenet: have you even set up the cron job?

@hamburger: I haven't done any work on that SCI script in quite a while so it might not be totally reliable or bug free. I wasn't aware that there was any issues with blockexplorer.com, it seems to be up right now. But you are right, their API seems to be very laggy compared to blockchain.info, and it doesn't support checking for 0-conf transactions like blockchain.info. In the next release of BitShop I'm going to completely remove support for the blockexplorer.com API. Actually I'll allow it to use the blockexplorer.com API but only if the blockchain.info API is offline. Right now it just switches back and forth between the two.

I have no idea how to set up the cron job.
    Pages:
    Jump to: