Pages:
Author

Topic: bitstamp btc withdrawal problem - page 2. (Read 24693 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
February 18, 2014, 01:46:26 AM
Attempted to do a BTC and USD withdrawal. When confirming the TX via email I still get the message for that TX listed as "E-mail confirmation needed".

Anyone else have this issue? This is a first for me.

I have exactly the same Problem.

I cancelled one of them and retried it ....same issue.

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
February 18, 2014, 01:42:35 AM
Attempted to do a BTC and USD withdrawal. When confirming the TX via email I still get the message for that TX listed as "E-mail confirmation needed".

I have exactly the same Problem.
legendary
February 18, 2014, 01:41:22 AM

legendary
February 17, 2014, 08:58:19 PM
Currently I am waiting 30 minutes for my BTC withdrawal from bitstamp

So I assume you're still doing manual withdrawals, no fully automated.

This was the case before the TM issue with GOX etc.

Never had a withdraw  not come through. Had a few delay a couple of hours...no biggie.
Activity: 4
February 17, 2014, 07:34:21 PM
Is anyone else experiencing issues with withdrawing btc?  I tried withdrawing over an hour ago, and the status was still "Email confirmation needed", even though I clicked on the confirmation link. The withdrawal request eventually automatically canceled.  I noticed that it is past midnight in Slovenia.  Do they only process btc withdrawals during business hours? I was under the impression that the withdrawals were supposed to be automatic.

I encountered the same issue.

I ended up temporarily disabling email-confirmation and redoing the withdrawal and it has been stuck on "Waiting to be processed" for 1.5 hours now.

Thanks for the suggestion of turning off email confirmation. I canceled the previous request and resubmitted a new withdraw request a couple minutes ago. It just now hit the blockchain.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
February 17, 2014, 07:24:12 PM
Is anyone else experiencing issues with withdrawing btc?  I tried withdrawing over an hour ago, and the status was still "Email confirmation needed", even though I clicked on the confirmation link. The withdrawal request eventually automatically canceled.  I noticed that it is past midnight in Slovenia.  Do they only process btc withdrawals during business hours? I was under the impression that the withdrawals were supposed to be automatic.

I encountered the same issue.

I ended up temporarily disabling email-confirmation and redoing the withdrawal and it has been stuck on "Waiting to be processed" for 1.5 hours now.
Activity: 4
February 17, 2014, 07:15:47 PM
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
February 15, 2014, 04:34:19 AM

I've had 30+ minute waiting times before this whole mess started. Bitstamp groups withdrawals together to save on tx-fees, so the system might just be waiting for more withdrawals to be requested.

I made a withdrawal this morning and it hit the blockchain just fine after 5-10 minutes or so (didn't pay much attention to the precise time).

edit: Withdrawals are automatic again: https://www.bitstamp.net/article/Bitcoin-withdrawals-are-once-again-fully-automated/
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
February 15, 2014, 04:27:52 AM

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
February 15, 2014, 04:23:51 AM
How much more can you ask for?

As I stated, I would ask a minimum of a daily update on such a critical issue.

There are two kinds of companies...those that take on customer feedback and improve, and those that think 'we know best and the customer can go f*** themselves cuz the fanboys think we're great'....which companies do better in the long run?

There are many different ways to run a company and Bitstamp doesn't fall into any of your categories. I'm not here to bash anyone or blow smoke up their ass, all I'm pointing out to you is that Hazek updated this morning with vital information. The reason why nothing has been onto the website is because the testing is still in process and they are not 100% ready to launch automated withdrawals to the world, which would make sense considering a fully untested platform may break again causing even more problems (and delays).

In the meantime, withdrawals are in process and working as stated earlier today. Hope you are able to do what you need to do! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
February 15, 2014, 01:04:15 AM

As I stated, I would ask a minimum of a daily update on such a critical issue.

There are two kinds of companies...those that take on customer feedback and improve, and those that think 'we know best and the customer can go f*** themselves cuz the fanboys think we're great'....which companies do better in the long run?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
February 15, 2014, 12:50:19 AM
Woah, you guys let's slow down a second before we start to mouth diarrhea all over the forum. Bitstamp just posted an update this morning about resuming withdrawals and Hazek posted afterward stating that they are processing manually processing withdrawals until they can go fully automated.

I would ask that they post their updates on their own web site, not on someone else's thread on bitcointalk.

As it stands, the web site has a message stating that withdrawals will be working again on the evening of the 14th, but then no update to say that they actually are. As days have passed with no further update in the past very few people will expect to go hunting on this forum for an update. It's just not very good customer service.
Activity: 111
February 15, 2014, 12:39:44 AM
Successfully withdrew ~2.8BTC from Bitstamp in the last hour. The lack of communication on the site is disappointing.
[/quote

Confirmed, withdrawals now working.

@hazek in the future when these kinds of things happen please please keep us up-to-date.  Even if that basically means telling us bullshit or almost nothing.  At least something is better than nothing.

Even if the daily update is something as simple as "Still working on the code"...it's just reassuring to know that there is someone there actually doing something.  It takes literally less than 1 minute to post something like that on facebook or twitter.

Woah, you guys let's slow down a second before we start to mouth diarrhea all over the forum. Bitstamp just posted an update this morning about resuming withdrawals and Hazek posted afterward stating that they are processing manually processing withdrawals until they can go fully automated.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
February 14, 2014, 11:26:20 PM
Successfully withdrew ~2.8BTC from Bitstamp in the last hour. The lack of communication on the site is disappointing.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
February 14, 2014, 09:55:57 PM
The spreads in the market (excluding Mt. Gox) are still far too big. Full liquidity has not resumed.

$/BTC
LocalBitcoins: $820
Coinbase: $666
Bitstamp:  $657
BTC-E:  $637

Those are way too far apart. When the exchanges are working right, those all track each other within a few dollars. What's not working?

(Mt. Gox, at $389, is off in "nobody believes you any more" land.)
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
February 14, 2014, 09:05:07 PM
Confirmed, withdrawals now working.

@hazek in the future when these kinds of things happen please please keep us up-to-date.  Even if that basically means telling us bullshit or almost nothing.  At least something is better than nothing.

Even if the daily update is something as simple as "Still working on the code"...it's just reassuring to know that there is someone there actually doing something.  It takes literally less than 1 minute to post something like that on facebook or twitter.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
February 14, 2014, 02:28:39 PM
I sent ~0.1 BTC from my ripple account to my bitcoin wallet yesterday using bitstamps bridge. Nothing so far. Hope I get my money when they start paying out again.
Can confirm I now have received them. The bridge however seems to be down atm.
Activity: 98
February 14, 2014, 01:36:27 PM
I can confirm, we are starting to manually send out smaller batches of withdrawal requests while monitoring the bitcoin client's performance. Once we are completely satisfied with the results we will move to fully automated processing again.
THIS ^^

And thats why I stick with bitstamp instead of mt.fux ot btce.
Very fast SEPA in&out
very serious business
nice communication
Activity: 56
February 14, 2014, 12:04:52 PM
withdrawal is back, mine went through the chain, load up your guns.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
February 14, 2014, 11:49:23 AM
I can confirm, we are starting to manually send out smaller batches of withdrawal requests while monitoring the bitcoin client's performance. Once we are completely satisfied with the results we will move to fully automated processing again.
Pages:
Jump to: