Pages:
Author

Topic: bitstamp btc withdrawal problem - page 3. (Read 24693 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
February 14, 2014, 11:12:15 AM
bitstamp is OPEN - WITHDRAWAL just hit blockchain!
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
February 14, 2014, 09:30:40 AM

No withdrawals still (not sure what "Today" means in their latest release, ie which timezone)

Anyway I am migrating to Kraken after all of this ... also I am tired of calculating EUR/USD exchange rate for my localbtc trades, since Stamp doesn't have EUR order book, Kraken does.

Same...or at least have multiple verified exchange accounts for these types of occurances.

I don't like the way Bitstamp have handled this; its bizarre how nonchalant all bitcoin businesses seem to be..."we have better things to be doing than paying people their money, or even telling you when we will pay you"...you'd think they were curing cancer in the other room or something.

Bitstamp is still miles better than the way Gox have handled it, but still not good enough.

Dave's Bitcoin exchange grading chart:

A: Don't have a problem in the first place
B: Have a problem but fixed within a day with hourly progress updates
C: Fix the problem within a few days with daily progress updates
D: Fix the problem after a many days with barely any updates during  <--- Bitstamp
F: Take weeks fixing the problem and give almost no relevant updates.
F- (aka the Gox grade): Never properly fix the problem, blame it on someone else, keep charging fees and start praying to a shrine made of 3 Twinkies and a ding dong

+21e6

Please lets all start using Dave's Bitcoin Exchange Grading Chart. Can someone less lazy use it to grade every exchange and get a mod to sticky it? :p

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001
February 14, 2014, 09:12:53 AM

No withdrawals still (not sure what "Today" means in their latest release, ie which timezone)

Anyway I am migrating to Kraken after all of this ... also I am tired of calculating EUR/USD exchange rate for my localbtc trades, since Stamp doesn't have EUR order book, Kraken does.

Same...or at least have multiple verified exchange accounts for these types of occurances.

I don't like the way Bitstamp have handled this; its bizarre how nonchalant all bitcoin businesses seem to be..."we have better things to be doing than paying people their money, or even telling you when we will pay you"...you'd think they were curing cancer in the other room or something.

Bitstamp is still miles better than the way Gox have handled it, but still not good enough.

Dave's Bitcoin exchange grading chart:

A: Don't have a problem in the first place
B: Have a problem but fixed within a day with hourly progress updates
C: Fix the problem within a few days with daily progress updates
D: Fix the problem after a many days with barely any updates during  <--- Bitstamp
F: Take weeks fixing the problem and give almost no relevant updates.
F- (aka the Gox grade): Never properly fix the problem, blame it on someone else, keep charging fees and start praying to a shrine made of 3 Twinkies and a ding dong
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
February 14, 2014, 06:24:44 AM
+1

Activity: 504
1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6
February 14, 2014, 05:14:22 AM
Anybody any news on BTC-E?

My BTC-E withdrawal on feb 10 is still in limbo... meaning no funds in my account and no funds on the blockchain.

My Bitstamp funds have been restored indeed.

same here btc-e is slowing losing my confidence and trust, there are better exchanges now.

Good news guys, my withdrawal went through after I thought it's lost in the limbo as well!
Just wait and be patient.
I think they have to chancel every single withdrawal manually and this can take for ever when you have a couple 1000 withdrawals pending.

and I was defently one of the very first with the withdrawal problem on btc-e.
Activity: 54
February 13, 2014, 09:59:23 PM

My BTC-E withdrawal on feb 10 is still in limbo... meaning no funds in my account and no funds on the blockchain.

same here btc-e is slowing losing my confidence and trust, there are better exchanges now.
Activity: 742
February 13, 2014, 09:10:55 PM

I deposited twice and withdrew twice from BTC-e since Bitstamp and Gox have been withholding your money. BTC-e did halt things briefly at some point.

Kraken never halted transfers because they "read the manual". People talk about other exchanges I never heard of who also read the manual.

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
February 13, 2014, 08:41:56 PM

Let's try again.

Please keep us updated!
legendary
February 13, 2014, 08:20:43 PM

Let's try again.
Activity: 23
February 13, 2014, 07:17:12 PM

Activity: 476
February 13, 2014, 12:23:14 PM

I've been recredited for my 1 BTC from Feb 11, so I also made a test transfer (0.1 BTC this time). An hour later and it is also still waiting to be processed.
You tried to withdraw 0.1 btc at feb 11? Does proccesed mean that bitstamp will deduct it from your balance when status change to finished. So i guess you still have it on your btc balance.

Edit
Are you aware of bitstam suspended btc withdraw two days ago.

I tried to to withdraw 1 BTC 2 days ago, before the news broke that it wouldn't work - and I got the money back today, balance restored.
But I tried today to withdraw 0.1 BTC, and I just now see that it has failed after about 2 hours of "Waiting to be processed".

Bitstamp y u do dis
You can not withdraw btc at bitstamp, they have suspend it. go to bitstamp home page and read the news.
I think you will get 0.1 btc back though.

You are a true gem, aren't you? Wink
The 0.1 btc haven't left my account and the transaction is marked as failed. So my test gave a result - even if it wasn't the one I wanted.
Thank you, glad to help.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
February 13, 2014, 12:21:23 PM

I've been recredited for my 1 BTC from Feb 11, so I also made a test transfer (0.1 BTC this time). An hour later and it is also still waiting to be processed.
You tried to withdraw 0.1 btc at feb 11? Does proccesed mean that bitstamp will deduct it from your balance when status change to finished. So i guess you still have it on your btc balance.

Edit

I tried to to withdraw 1 BTC 2 days ago, before the news broke that it wouldn't work - and I got the money back today, balance restored.
But I tried today to withdraw 0.1 BTC, and I just now see that it has failed after about 2 hours of "Waiting to be processed".

Bitstamp y u do dis
You can not withdraw btc at bitstamp, they have suspend it. go to bitstamp home page and read the news.
I think you will get 0.1 btc back though.

You are a true gem, aren't you? Wink
The 0.1 btc haven't left my account and the transaction is marked as failed. So my test gave a result - even if it wasn't the one I wanted.
February 13, 2014, 12:17:25 PM

Edit

Bitstamp y u do dis
I think you will get 0.1 btc back though. Also check your balance as they deduct that 0.1 btc only when status change to finished.
February 13, 2014, 12:12:36 PM

Edit

Bitstamp y u do dis
February 13, 2014, 12:05:56 PM

Edit
February 13, 2014, 11:34:14 AM

legendary
February 13, 2014, 11:26:11 AM
Activity: 308
February 13, 2014, 11:09:41 AM
Great news, hope they start new withdrawals soon.
Activity: 37
February 13, 2014, 11:08:35 AM
missing btc from 10/11 Feb have just been re-credited to my bitstamp account

Same for me !  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: