Pages:
Author

Topic: BITSTAMP eXchange wall Observer. second biggest and best exchange - page 29. (Read 89302 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003
You need to change the topic: "Biggest and second worst exchange".
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
NEW BID WAL!

go see go see!

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
127 again.

every time we approach that mark somebody offload a bunch of coins. 2k sitting now around 126.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
These dumps and asks walls have been happening the entire past 2 months. Obviously a whale or a few whales have decided to capitulate around 127. If you look at bitcoin's history, it takes tons of volume to break past these major resistance levels and go into a rally. If we only do low volume, there will just be endless walls, and tiny fake breakouts followed by brutal market sells and new walls.

China broke, killed, destroyed this resistance.

Doesnt matter, the Chinese markets will have different resistance levels due to different investors and lower volume.

They clearly broke resistance that Gox and Stamps have yet to defeat

and it wasn't easy, if btc charts was working you could see the surge of volume that allowed them to break the resistance. ( i'm sure you saw it earlier... anyway )

maybe the chinese people just got overly excited and don't actually have enough steam to sustain the price, but so far so good over there

Not sure if gox and stamps can follow, the resistance is maybe too strong, some unexpected good news could do it ( ex. secondmarket says they sold all their bitcoins are loaded the boat and are now ready to satisfy more clients! )
I know there was one day that btc100 reported doing over 100,000 volume, but that was it and we thought it was a system error or they were reporting the wrong units or something. Did anyone ever clear that up, and was there anything besides that?
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
 Actually no, I had not known of the volume spike. Have any charts? I guess i assumed the resistance levels wouldn't work out 1:1 with the USD exchanges, since most of it is psychological.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
These dumps and asks walls have been happening the entire past 2 months. Obviously a whale or a few whales have decided to capitulate around 127. If you look at bitcoin's history, it takes tons of volume to break past these major resistance levels and go into a rally. If we only do low volume, there will just be endless walls, and tiny fake breakouts followed by brutal market sells and new walls.

Doesnt matter, the Chinese markets will have different resistance levels due to different investors and lower volume.

They clearly broke resistance that Gox and Stamps have yet to defeat

and it wasn't easy, if btc charts was working you could see the surge of volume that allowed them to break the resistance. ( i'm sure you saw it earlier... anyway )

maybe the chinese people just got overly excited and don't actually have enough steam to sustain the price, but so far so good over there

Not sure if gox and stamps can follow, the resistance is maybe too strong, some unexpected good news could do it ( ex. secondmarket says they sold all their bitcoins are loaded the boat and are now ready to satisfy more clients! )
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

I would give my left nut to be able to speak/read Chinese these days. I would be so interested to know all the details of what is going on over there.

From what I hear, those are two entirely distinct skills (speaking Chinese and reading it).

Activity: 454

I would give my left nut to be able to speak/read Chinese these days. I would be so interested to know all the details of what is going on over there.
legendary

legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

legendary
Market depth on the bid side is still a sad topic

it was looking good this morning but now these two big walls again....

but don't be to worried the bid side has been obviously down played for months now. their is way more depth on the bid side than is actually shown.

There was 6k on 120 earlier, now only 4k.

Bid side is actually worsening despite the healthier bid sum.

Another 1k ask on 127, btw.

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
their is way more depth on the bid side than is actually shown.

how does that work?

Fiat on the sidelines not currently in an order...

But there are also many more BTC available than the ask side shows. There are a lot of people who will market sell when it gets to their price rather than fighting for the top
Activity: 240
their is way more depth on the bid side than is actually shown.

how does that work?
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

it was looking good this morning but now these two big walls again....

but don't be to worried the bid side has been obviously down played for months now. their is way more depth on the bid side than is actually shown.
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner

if i remember correctly, both big ask wall at the front were not their a few hours ago.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
lol, just switched to trading.i286 bitstamp and saw the ask graph take a huge jump

New 1k ask on $127

there has been some big walls ~500BTC placed at the front line, and then eaten!

I saw it happen once today, it literally took seconds....

i'm on the phone with my dad, hes looking to sell and price is 125.5, i tell him ask for 127, seconds later a big wall pop-up at 125.5, i'm like fuck it hit the market sell.... seconds later the wall is eaten and price moves up to 127.5  

Tongue

and yes, asks are definitely piling up, despite the large market buys.
legendary
lol, just switched to trading.i286 bitstamp and saw the ask graph take a huge jump

New 1k ask on $127
Activity: 614
Merit: 500
If I remember correctly the same was happening one evening before SR shutdown.

Correct.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
If I remember correctly the same was happening one evening before SR shutdown.
Pages:
Jump to: