Pages:
Author

Topic: BITSTAMP eXchange wall Observer. second biggest and best exchange - page 30. (Read 89302 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin is being offered in large blocks at bitstamp but it keeps being bought..

Yes, this has been happening for like 3 days. Very, very odd.

Ask wall 250-1000 that slowly moves down in price, and eventually gets eaten.

Gox news incoming?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
Bitcoin is being offered in large blocks at bitstamp but it keeps being bought..

Bitstamp will surely visit $105-$110 soon if we do not break $130 in this run up.
Activity: 614
Merit: 500
legendary
Zoomed in close, most of todays volume is actually sell volume (there were 1000 BTC sold into that BID wall @ 21:23 2013-10-08 UTC). Hence price on Stamp keeps creeping up. When will the correction occur?

people are selling bitcoin, price goes up

I think people are accumulating as much as they can for as cheap as they can,

everytime they get some dummy to sell they push prices slightly higher to entice more dummies to sell

are you selling?

Thats usually how it works immediately following a large market order. I dont see this working just out of the blue.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Zoomed in close, most of todays volume is actually sell volume (there were 1000 BTC sold into that BID wall @ 21:23 2013-10-08 UTC). Hence price on Stamp keeps creeping up. When will the correction occur?

people are selling bitcoin, price goes up

I think people are accumulating as much as they can for as cheap as they can,

everytime they get some dummy to sell they push prices slightly higher to entice more dummies to sell

are you selling?
legendary
Activity: 1246

Well the bids are piling up until they become juicy enough for people who are looking to sell a decent amount of coins with minimal slippage. Not sure why you're expecting a correction, the buyers are in control on Bitstamp and once the sellers who probably bought at 85-100 earlier are done selling we could see a nice rally instead.
legendary
Activity: 1022
legendary
Anyone watching the 2- 500-700 coin selloffs keep moving down pennies at a time, if they all go Bitstamp ends at ~$118

and just like that a 3rd one was added. & 4th

There are no asks, its just a glitch. One sell moved down and it saw it as multiple asks. It was eaten at 122.xx
Activity: 614
Merit: 500
This quick recovery is actually the same pattern as the one at 13:30 on 2013-10-04 UTC from the drop down to 117 USD.
No volume. If you zoom in closely you can even see that the larger candles during the recovery are almost entirely red ones.

-edit- the amount droped is even ~50% bigger then the one 3 days ago.

It acts like a trapdoor. Unless this is manipulation, some speculators are being squeezed out here. The same happened to me before in the period that btc was resting at $13 before the big runup. That hurt.
legendary
This quick recovery is actually the same pattern as the one at 13:30 on 2013-10-04 UTC from the drop down to 117 USD.
No volume. If you zoom in closely you can even see that the larger candles during the recovery are almost entirely red ones.

So what are you saying? Down?
legendary
Activity: 1022

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Someone just sold ~2800 at once, severely knocking down Bitstamp's buy-side. That's a huge move for Bitstamp. No obvious movement on other exchanges. Any news?

Bids have already recovered 50%.

1 hr later a buy eats the tiny ask wall. No big deal.

And now made a new 3d high.

maybe someone tried to induce a panic sell

didn't work   Smiley
legendary
Someone just sold ~2800 at once, severely knocking down Bitstamp's buy-side. That's a huge move for Bitstamp. No obvious movement on other exchanges. Any news?

Bids have already recovered 50%.

1 hr later a buy eats the tiny ask wall. No big deal.

And now made a new 3d high.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1002
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
Moon?
Hmmm, if I buy now I'll break even. Panicksold coins at 103$ first wave and then at 110$ at dead cat bounce. But I desperately want to catch a nice bottom and increase my stash!

Going for single digits tomorrow!
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
I don't think it really makes sense to talk about 'market depth' during a flash crash like the one we just saw. Volume was enormous, so obviously there were more than enough coins and money on the order book, or hidden on the exchange. The depth I meant was what the order book looks like during more normal times.
legendary
Activity: 1040
Merit: 1001
The depth got very thin very quickly.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Speaking about walls, I'm quite happy to see that, finally, some real market depth on bitstamp starts to form.

In the past few months, trade volume picked up nicely: on several days volume on bitstamp being higher than on mtgox. On average, volume on here is about 60 to 70% of mtgox volume.

Market depth however didn't follow at all. Last time I checked, bitstamp depth was probably less than 10% of mtgox depth. But now that appears to have changed. At a glance, depth near market price is around 80% of mtgox.

Sure, there's a lot of additional depth farther away from the market price, plus funds and coins hidden on mtgox that are not yet on the book, so I'm sure the 80% figure doesn't hold universally, but I'm very pleased to see that you can finally trade more than a few btc without incurring huge slippage.

That's a good point, this may serve to give some healthy diversity in depth to the market.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Bitstamp just officially noobed. Connection timed out, and Bitfinex is acting REALLY wonky, not even sure what to make of it. The orderbook looks entirely blank?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
and quite a bit of delay on the server. not too happy about that.
Pages:
Jump to: