Pages:
Author

Topic: BITSTAMP eXchange wall Observer. second biggest and best exchange - page 31. (Read 89302 times)

legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000
LOL

Extreme panic on the Stamp. 
legendary
13% drop on BitStamp, even though SR is a drop in the bucket (and that's being generous).
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
lets see what the take over will do to the price. im my guess it will be sub 100 tomorrow. im pulling all my holdings. selling and duming. im going to buy back in in three days when i see a 30% profit margin. it will drop and it will be lowest 80s then jump to mid 90 then hold there.

you really liked SR didnt you.

dont worry, i bet you some new p2p sr will emerge to supply the demand, meanwhile bitcoin continues to facilitate e-commerce of all types.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish
lets see what the take over will do to the price. im my guess it will be sub 100 tomorrow. im pulling all my holdings. selling and duming. im going to buy back in in three days when i see a 30% profit margin. it will drop and it will be lowest 80s then jump to mid 90 then hold there.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
Speaking about walls, I'm quite happy to see that, finally, some real market depth on bitstamp starts to form.

In the past few months, trade volume picked up nicely: on several days volume on bitstamp being higher than on mtgox. On average, volume on here is about 60 to 70% of mtgox volume.

Market depth however didn't follow at all. Last time I checked, bitstamp depth was probably less than 10% of mtgox depth. But now that appears to have changed. At a glance, depth near market price is around 80% of mtgox.

Sure, there's a lot of additional depth farther away from the market price, plus funds and coins hidden on mtgox that are not yet on the book, so I'm sure the 80% figure doesn't hold universally, but I'm very pleased to see that you can finally trade more than a few btc without incurring huge slippage.
legendary
It's one order slowly moving down.. the orderbook on their site doesn't print it right

lol, great success for that guy.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
ah, my bad. that makes more sense, anyway Smiley
Activity: 614
Merit: 500
It's one order slowly moving down.. the orderbook on their site doesn't print it right
legendary
Activity: 896
Hm, I only see one 1k ask. Have they all been pulled? Thats really odd.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
What's up with the ask walls on bitstamp? Are a bunch of people buying on bitstamp and selling on gox? It does really look like, to me, people are trying to cap bitstamp prices for some reason...

legendary
So much action on BitStamp that one guy can drive the market down several percentage with 400btc ask walls.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

The price will always rise, due to shrinking daily coin supply and more and more people joining the game

wrong, daily coin supply is constant.

In absolute terms it's roughly constant for the next 3 years, yes.

However, in relative terms (think: inflation), it's indeed constantly falling:

@johnyj: this should already be priced in since it's known, don't you think?

If this market would be mainly driven by professional traders, institutional investors, etc., then, yes, maybe. (cue: "lol banks are fail. expect hyperinflation tomorrow!") In reality, I'm not sure at all if it is priced in, especially because it touches on the central question of pretty much all of our current trading: how to accurately price something that has huge potential, but also a rather large chance of failing. If our little experiment turns out to be successful, the gradual realization of the reality of coin supply will drive price up at a breakneck speed. If it fails, for whatever reason, the coin supply won't matter anyway.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Interesting, chinese have not proven yet to have much vision, copying won't cut it. To understand the value of bitcoin you need a desire for freedom, independence, sovereignity for the individual. Not their strongest side.

I beg to differ.

The chinese people have seen many a paper currency come and go, they save in gold.

The chinese government has a strong need for a sound reserve currency. The USD quite obviously doesn't cut it any longer. These people are not stupid and are enabled to think in longer time horizons than until the next election.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

The price will always rise, due to shrinking daily coin supply and more and more people joining the game

In absolute terms it's roughly constant for the next 3 years, yes.

However, in relative terms (think: inflation), it's indeed constantly falling:

@johnyj: this should already be priced in since it's known, don't you think?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
Volume has been a joke for days now, anyone care to explain to an amateur why the price is rising?

Who are these people joining the game? The chinese? Google trends shows a further drop in interest.
The Chinese are only interested in mining with the "faulty" production ASIC's and cashing in as fast as possible. You can see it at the luck of places accepting bitcoin in china compared to the volume. Its not a believe in Bitcoin but the knowledge to get easy money.

Interesting, chinese have not proven yet to have much vision, copying won't cut it. To understand the value of bitcoin you need a desire for freedom, independence, sovereignity for the individual. Not their strongest side.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
Volume has been a joke for days now, anyone care to explain to an amateur why the price is rising?

Who are these people joining the game? The chinese? Google trends shows a further drop in interest.
The Chinese are only interested in mining with the "faulty" production ASIC's and cashing in as fast as possible. You can see it at the luck of places accepting bitcoin in china compared to the volume. Its not a believe in Bitcoin but the knowledge to get easy money.
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
Moon?

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode

Because Bitcoin is massively undervalued manipulated.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: