Pages:
Author

Topic: BITSTAMP eXchange wall Observer. second biggest and best exchange - page 33. (Read 89304 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
Oh look, someone ate most of the bidwall. Btw that 800 ask isn't particularly large, and i  don't think its new either

yea and then they bought it right back 60 seconds later for a $ less minus fees...

History graph doesn't show any indication of that...?

yes there is no way to prove that it was the same actor, but someone came in and bought 900ish right after around 1100 was dumped
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Oh look, someone ate most of the bidwall. Btw that 800 ask isn't particularly large, and i  don't think its new either

yea and then they bought it right back 60 seconds later for a $ less minus fees...

History graph doesn't show any indication of that...?
legendary
Activity: 1666
he who has the gold makes the rules
Oh look, someone ate most of the bidwall. Btw that 800 ask isn't particularly large, and i  don't think its new either

legendary
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
ASKS
Price           Amount            Value
$127.96   0.50000000           $63.98
$127.99   81.82353198   $10,472.59
$128.00   865.38759445   $110,769.61
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
Iam working currently on a simple Stamp wall tracker:
http://walltracker.bplaced.net/bitstamp/
Activity: 516
Merit: 283
the gox whale has migrated to bitstamp for the winter
legendary
Activity: 1218

Very suspicious behaviour at stamp for last two days. I am really eagered to see what will happen.

I agree on that one.

To me it looks like somebody is trying to manipulate and bring the bitstamp price to mtgox levels, when actually there isnt any real buying pressure there.

Wink

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
In unrelated news (and more on topic of this thread), bid/ask ratio shot up in the last 24 hours, from 0.67 to 0.85 (source: coinorama).

In the recent past, this was usually followed by a noticeable increase in $/btc. Will be interesting to see if it holds this time.

Seems to hold, so far. From around 125 (on the 16th, when the ratio started going up) to slightly below 128 today. Small, but steady.

Very suspicious behaviour at stamp for last two days. I am really eagered to see what will happen.

Probably we are waiting for gox to lead the way (buy / dump).
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
In unrelated news (and more on topic of this thread), bid/ask ratio shot up in the last 24 hours, from 0.67 to 0.85 (source: coinorama).

In the recent past, this was usually followed by a noticeable increase in $/btc. Will be interesting to see if it holds this time.

Seems to hold, so far. From around 125 (on the 16th, when the ratio started going up) to slightly below 128 today. Small, but steady.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Finally! A wall to speak of.

legendary
bids are building up (1k wall @ 123).

I am expecting some nice dumps on bitstamp.

Bids are building up and you think price will *drop*?

It's not impossible I guess, but not very likely IMO.

those 1 k walls are nothing in comparison to mtgox order book, but are big enough for bitstamp. remember that bitstamp is processing withdrawals.

we all know that volume on bitstamp is small, so we have this market depth, but with bids building slippage is smaller and you could actually effectively test the price.

last week somebody dumped 2 k btc, and brought the price to 115. today 2k dump would bring the price to 123.

For me to dump on bitstamp is now tempting .

That's a bold statement. Last time I checked, 30d volume on bitstamp was about 60% that of mtgox. That's not exactly small. But I agree with your comment on bitstamp market depth, it is way less than 60% of mtgox.

re: "dump looks tempting". Sure, and those dumps happened in the past. But my point was, in the past month or so, bid/ask ratio was a relatively reliable, leading(!) indicator for price movement. Pretty imprecise unfortunately (i.e. ratio change and price change aren't proportional), so I never traded directly on it, but as an indicator of the general direction, it seemed to work well.
legendary

those 1 k walls are nothing in comparison to mtgox order book, but are big enough for bitstamp. remember that bitstamp is processing withdrawals.

we all know that volume on bitstamp is small, so we have this market depth, but with bids building slippage is smaller and you could actually effectively test the price.

last week somebody dumped 2 k btc, and brought the price to 115. today 2k dump would bring the price to 123.

For me to dump on bitstamp is now tempting .
legendary

legendary

legendary

legendary
What a load of bullshit. Show me a source that says that bitstamp is "banning bots".

Their API page defines a request limit ("Do not make more than 600 request per 10 minutes or we will ban your IP address."), which rules out *high frequency trading*, but you can very much use bots on bitstamp.
legendary

Kind of unsmart if they want to show the world that they are number 1.

I love the fact that they are banning bots.. bots kill the trading.

Doubt it.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Kind of unsmart if they want to show the world that they are number 1.

I love the fact that they are banning bots.. bots kill the trading.
legendary
Still no bitstamp data on bitcoincharts. Pretty annoying as well: bitstamp responded that, as far as they know, it's not their fault. bitcoincharts didn't even bother responding at all.
Pages:
Jump to: