Pages:
Author

Topic: BITSTAMP eXchange wall Observer. second biggest and best exchange - page 34. (Read 89304 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Bitcoincharts doesn't show updated price data for bitstamp anymore. Not the first time this happened, as well. This is pretty annoying. At first I thought, no big deal, no feed for a few hours, but it's more than a day now. When will this be fixed?

To play devil's advocate for a second: could it have anything to do with the fact that bitcoincharts is owned by Tibanne Co., Ltd., the company that runs mtgox? Maybe give people a little incentive to keep trading on mtgox... I mean, who wants to trade on an exchange whose data isn't even properly displayed. Then again, it's not as if mtgox has anything to fear from bitstamp, their position as the dominant exchange is as stable as ever. Oh, wait.

What makes you think Tibanne owns them?  They host the site, but I don't think they own them.

You're right, I have no idea who *owns* bitcoincharts. I do know that the registrar of the domain is Tibanne according to whois

So it is hosted by Mark Karples hosting company.... Like a hundred other Bitcoin related sites.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
Bitcoincharts doesn't show updated price data for bitstamp anymore. Not the first time this happened, as well. This is pretty annoying. At first I thought, no big deal, no feed for a few hours, but it's more than a day now. When will this be fixed?

To play devil's advocate for a second: could it have anything to do with the fact that bitcoincharts is owned by Tibanne Co., Ltd., the company that runs mtgox? Maybe give people a little incentive to keep trading on mtgox... I mean, who wants to trade on an exchange whose data isn't even properly displayed. Then again, it's not as if mtgox has anything to fear from bitstamp, their position as the dominant exchange is as stable as ever. Oh, wait.

What makes you think Tibanne owns them?  They host the site, but I don't think they own them.

You're right, I have no idea who *owns* bitcoincharts. I do know that the registrar of the domain is Tibanne according to whois
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

No devil advocate. Yesterday bitstamp one more time banned all bot ips that are making frequent requests to their api. Happened the same also around one month ago.

Kind of unsmart if they want to show the world that they are number 1.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red

No devil advocate. Yesterday bitstamp one more time banned all bot ips that are making frequent requests to their api. Happened the same also around one month ago.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

Activity: 516
Merit: 283
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
Your picture is wrong.
Today's range for Bitstamp: $116.07 - $127.50

Thank you.  Don't know how that happened.  I think you're likely to be correct that it was an anomaly in either the data on bitcoincharts.com or my screenscraping of it to my spreadsheet.  Here's how it looks now:

Activity: 181
Merit: 100
Your picture is wrong.
Today's range for Bitstamp: $116.07 - $127.50
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
Edit: Please see posts below.  It is likely this was not correct!...

Now here's a situation I've not seen before!

Interesting times Smiley
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
This bizarre little mini-crash that happened today is the result of two events:

1) The 5k buy at Mtgox yesterday pushing the price to $148.9 and then creeping back to where it was before, $143.

2) The huge 2k ask wall that one or two creeps put up at Bitistamp around $131 for no good reason. Perhaps it was someone cashing out of Mtgox. Either way, it pushed all the prices down at Bitstamp even when Mtgox was steady at around $143-144.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
Guys you better sell to this $123 buying guy at stamp - this thing is going down on stamp - there is no depth.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
There is so much scoundrels in this topic.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
So MtGox is actually following Bitstamp now, nice. Grin

this makes potential crash worse because bitstamp has very little bid depth. I suspect gox stops following $50-60ish range, or if not we gonna crash to single digits.

It's not going down that far you silly drama Queen. We just needed a correction very badly.

But you must admit, if Gox is truly following Bitstamp, this is not bullish at all due to lack of bid depth.

Even with lack of bid depth there is not a lot of sell depth either, small correction, and within a few days back to challenging that wall at 135.  Someone took some profits in number of Bitcoins as that wall would not drop.

Yea and how often does Gox follow Stamp UP? Gox following Stamp on way down, but not up is scary...

that would be an interesting scenario
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Ultranode

this makes potential crash worse because bitstamp has very little bid depth. I suspect gox stops following $50-60ish range, or if not we gonna crash to single digits.

It's not going down that far you silly drama Queen. We just needed a correction very badly.

But you must admit, if Gox is truly following Bitstamp, this is not bullish at all due to lack of bid depth.

Even with lack of bid depth there is not a lot of sell depth either, small correction, and within a few days back to challenging that wall at 135.  Someone took some profits in number of Bitcoins as that wall would not drop.

Yea and how often does Gox follow Stamp UP? Gox following Stamp on way down, but not up is scary...

Ultranode

*edit*

Just checked bid depth and sum on both and WOW. Bistamp has a mere total bid sum of 1.3 million compared to about 13 millon gox. Huge sell on Bitstmap, would cause MASSIVE slippage. You bulls better pray Gox stops following Stamp.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

Ultranode

legendary
legendary
Good thing I already saw this coming and sold at 130 earlier. Tongue

did you buy back yet?

Nope not yet, I'm waiting this one out a bit. I am planning to buy back at 110-115 or so, depends how things unfold from here. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: