Pages:
Author

Topic: BITSTAMP SEPA account "no transfer" countries/banks' list (upd 2014-10-14) - page 7. (Read 49787 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Bankinter (Spain) is, at the moment, allowing SEPA transfer to Bitstamp. I did it last time onAugust 27th.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Bankinter (Spain) is, at the moment, allowing SEPA transfer to Bitstamp. I did it last time onAugust 27th.
KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
@KS and @all:

Update and clarification w.r.t. Sparda BW Bank, Germany: Today I had a phone call with Sparda-Bank, and this is what they told me:
Actually, the reason why they did not execute my transfer was that some time (weeks? months?) ago SOMEBODY initiated a fraudulent transaction from some account of Sparda-Bank towards bitstamp. As a result Sparda-Bank "flagged" the bitstamp destination account for customer protection purposes. They wanted to reconfirm first that it was really me who initated the transfer (and not a fraudster who hacked into my account). I confirmed, and so the transfer will be initiated now!

They said that for future transfers I will have to announce each time e.g. by phone call that I want to do a transfer, so they know it is genuine. But 5 min later the lady called me again and said that after reconfirmation with her boss they now decided to UNFLAG the bitstamp account again, since the fraudulent transaction occurred only once and never again afterwards.

SUMMARY:
1) Sparda-BW-Bank only flagged the bitstamp account as a precaution for customer protection, and not because they generally block transfers to bitstamp.
2) Also, as of today, the account got UNFLAGGED again.

Personally, I believe them, because Sparda generally has the reputation for best customer service, which I can confirm from own experience (as opposed to e.g. Deutsche Bank, who really treated me like crap 10 years ago and made me terminate all my relationships to them - I can really just recommend everyone to stay away from Deutsche Bank as far as possible).

@KS: please update the overview on post #1 - Germany is "clean" again :-)

Cool.

Updated.
Activity: 278
Merit: 251
Bitcoin-Note-and-Voucher-Printing-Empowerer
@KS and @all:

Update and clarification w.r.t. Sparda BW Bank, Germany: Today I had a phone call with Sparda-Bank, and this is what they told me:
Actually, the reason why they did not execute my transfer was that some time (weeks? months?) ago SOMEBODY initiated a fraudulent transaction from some account of Sparda-Bank towards bitstamp. As a result Sparda-Bank "flagged" the bitstamp destination account for customer protection purposes. They wanted to reconfirm first that it was really me who initated the transfer (and not a fraudster who hacked into my account). I confirmed, and so the transfer will be initiated now!

They said that for future transfers I will have to announce each time e.g. by phone call that I want to do a transfer, so they know it is genuine. But 5 min later the lady called me again and said that after reconfirmation with her boss they now decided to UNFLAG the bitstamp account again, since the fraudulent transaction occurred only once and never again afterwards.

SUMMARY:
1) Sparda-BW-Bank only flagged the bitstamp account as a precaution for customer protection, and not because they generally block transfers to bitstamp.
2) Also, as of today, the account got UNFLAGGED again.

Personally, I believe them, because Sparda generally has the reputation for best customer service, which I can confirm from own experience (as opposed to e.g. Deutsche Bank, who really treated me like crap 10 years ago and made me terminate all my relationships to them - I can really just recommend everyone to stay away from Deutsche Bank as far as possible).

@KS: please update the overview on post #1 - Germany is "clean" again :-)
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Anyone tested ING from Holland yet? If so, I could, but no results untill Monday, at it's earliest.

Not tested AFAIK. It'd be great if you could confirm.

@joesmoe2012: CHASE is USA I suppose?

@Michael_S: thank you for the info

updated.

correct
KS
Anyone tested ING from Holland yet? If so, I could, but no results untill Monday, at it's earliest.

Not tested AFAIK. It'd be great if you could confirm.

@joesmoe2012: CHASE is USA I suppose?

@Michael_S: thank you for the info

updated.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Chase bank called me over the past 3 transfers i sent to bitstamp. They warned me specifcially about bitcoins when calling. Not sure if i mentioned that here or not in the past.

Until my account was recently closed i was sending 10+ wires a day and never received and verification calls except for bitstamp (and those transfers were not out of the ordinary for me....value wise).

Wow, that is strange. I guess this is, in part, to be expected when dealing with the established banking system. After all, we are competition to a point, though I don't think huge competition as BTC isn'T about a lending model, which is where banks make their money I think. I think fees from transfers (where BTC will rule) is not a big deal.

The big deal is that the banks will lose control of BEING IN CONTROL of money. The banks are the stranglehold on many things. If you are not in their network (certain countries), you can effectively be blocked out of international exchange - well, it makes it harder anyway.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Chase bank called me over the past 3 transfers i sent to bitstamp. They warned me specifcially about bitcoins when calling. Not sure if i mentioned that here or not in the past.

Until my account was recently closed i was sending 10+ wires a day and never received and verification calls except for bitstamp (and those transfers were not out of the ordinary for me....value wise).

Activity: 278
Merit: 251
Bitcoin-Note-and-Voucher-Printing-Empowerer
Also Sparda-BW Bank (Germany) blocks transfers to Bitstamp.

update 21 Aug 2013: This is not correct, see my post #56 for clarification.
KS
Thank you. No amount needed, unless you want everyone to know Wink
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
Initiated deposit Monday, got 3,000 euros into Bitstamp today (Wednesday) afternoon. That's with BRD-GSG (RO).
KS
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I went in person to the local branch (not ING, BNP Paribas Fortis), same issue, they can't override the transfer block.

actually, let me try this using my ing-diba account.

if they refuse, I will close shop and take my business to fidor bank who actually like bitcoin.

EDIT: initiated transfer (€500) to bitstamp ljubljana account (IBAN: SI56290000170073837, BIC: BACXSI22XXX, Bank:
UNICREDIT BANKA SLOVENIJA D.D. 1000 LJUBLJANA Österreich) with my bank "ing-diba".

EMail Bitstamp: Deposit credited. (no intervention necessary, just went through)
KS
My MPB transfer from this w-e just got deposited.

So two banks are being difficult (ING and BNP Paribas Fortis).

Support is still working on the TT but no info from their bank yet.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Hey guys it's Wednesday and no news yet.

Did any transfer sent to BitStamp SEPA last Friday get credited?
donator
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
Your deposit has been confirmed. We have added $X,XXX.11 to your Bitstamp account

Your deposit has been confirmed. We have added $xx,xxx.66 to your Bitstamp account.

I see you have one more X than me. Now I feel poor. :-/

I don't even have a colon (",") ;(

comma or colon or :

btw, with the last couple of day's news, like NY subpoenas & http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1k9jhv/congress_appropriations_bill_directs_fbi_to/ I am letting the price fall down in to my lowish bids hopefully.
donator
Your deposit has been confirmed. We have added $X,XXX.11 to your Bitstamp account

Your deposit has been confirmed. We have added $xx,xxx.66 to your Bitstamp account.

I see you have one more X than me. Now I feel poor. :-/

I don't even have a comma (",") ;(
donator
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1110
there's always someone with an extra x (& cute Korean gf) I'm a small fish though I think we're still all early adapters relatively speaking so even just a couple of x's will be plenty in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: