Pages:
Author

Topic: BITSTAMP SEPA account "no transfer" countries/banks' list (upd 2014-10-14) - page 4. (Read 49787 times)

KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
There were complaints about Hungarian CIB, but Slovak VUB bank, which belongs to same Intesa Sanpaolo group, sends money to Bitstamp without any problems. So this is only problem of Hungarian branch, not of the whole group.
Also, Slovak mBank and ZUNO (owned by Reiffeisen) and Spanish Deutsche Bank work.

Thanks.

Updated 2014-01-08
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
There were complaints about Hungarian CIB, but Slovak VUB bank, which belongs to same Intesa Sanpaolo group, sends money to Bitstamp without any problems. So this is only problem of Hungarian branch, not of the whole group.
Also, Slovak mBank and ZUNO (owned by Reiffeisen) and Spanish Deutsche Bank work.
KS
So if my bank is on the banned list on bitstamp I can't withdraw/deposit any money with SEPA?

In short: yes, you're stuck (you can always try to call them or drop by in person at your local branch, see if if changes things).

Is there other options /  other good exchange for bitcoins or do I need to change banks?

There are other exchanges like mtgox.com or btc-e.com or alternatives like localbitcoins.com and #bitcoin-otc (IRC channel).

Mtgox is a pain to get your money from though and BTC-E you're not sure it will (always) get there.  Roll Eyes

It's probably a good idea to open an account in another bank anyway. Usually, smaller banks are less picky (YMMV).
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
So if my bank is on the banned list on bitstamp I can't withdraw/deposit any money with SEPA?

Is there other options /  other good exchange for bitcoins or do I need to change banks?

Maybe btc-e if you go through OKPAY
Activity: 154

Is there other options /  other good exchange for bitcoins or do I need to change banks?
KS
Just for the record, I've used Barclays (ES) many times from Spain with no issues. So it can be added to safe banks list in Spain.

Thanks for the great work!

Thanks!

updated.
Activity: 602
Merit: 535
Account hacked from Oct 11th to Nov 1st 2017
Just for the record, I've used Barclays (ES) many times from Spain with no issues. So it can be added to safe banks list in Spain.

Thanks for the great work!
KS
I sent a 5 figure amount via SEPA from Barclays (UK) after converting to Euros and that was deposited after 4 days.

Upon wiring a second similar amount I got a call from the bank to confirm and after a week of worrying I got a Know Your Customer email from Bitstamp:

We received your deposit transfer and in order to provide a high quality and reliable service when certain volume or frequency thresholds are met further KYC procedure is needed. We also kindly ask you to please help us better understand the nature of your use of our service by answering the following KYC questioner:
1. How did you learn about Bitcoin?
2. What is the purpose of your trading on Bitstamp?
3. What type of trading will be conducted? Buying/selling/both? Estimated trade volume per month?
4. Which bank are you using? Please provide the complete address and SWIFT code.
5. Estimated amount that you would be depositing/withdrawing to/from your Bitstamp account per month (in USD and BTC)?
6. What is the origin of the funds which you are depositing to your Bitstamp account? Please provide any financial documentation which can confirm the origin.

All to be expected but the delay has cost me dearly unless the price drops back, although most will be sold through localbitcoin at a set mark up.

This is sth they should add in the FAQ. I had opened a TT with them about it already. Same for company accounts.

Barclays added.

Updated.
Activity: 48
I sent a 5 figure amount via SEPA from Barclays (UK) after converting to Euros and that was deposited after 4 days.

Upon wiring a second similar amount I got a call from the bank to confirm and after a week of worrying I got a Know Your Customer email from Bitstamp:

We received your deposit transfer and in order to provide a high quality and reliable service when certain volume or frequency thresholds are met further KYC procedure is needed. We also kindly ask you to please help us better understand the nature of your use of our service by answering the following KYC questioner:
1. How did you learn about Bitcoin?
2. What is the purpose of your trading on Bitstamp?
3. What type of trading will be conducted? Buying/selling/both? Estimated trade volume per month?
4. Which bank are you using? Please provide the complete address and SWIFT code.
5. Estimated amount that you would be depositing/withdrawing to/from your Bitstamp account per month (in USD and BTC)?
6. What is the origin of the funds which you are depositing to your Bitstamp account? Please provide any financial documentation which can confirm the origin.

All to be expected but the delay has cost me dearly unless the price drops back, although most will be sold through localbitcoin at a set mark up.
KS
Hy. 2 weeks ago i sent 4400 euro from by bank ( Ing Bank) thrue Sepa. Money was in BITSTAMP account in 2 days. But from than passed alot of days and i dont have that money on BITSTAMP. I made alot of tickets on site,email but no one from BITSTAMP cant tell me why they dont found my account. SO PEOPLES DONT TRUST THEM. I AM AFRAID I JUST LOOSE 4400 EURO.

That's an issue for the official Bitstamp thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wwwbitstampnet-bitcoin-exchange-site-for-usdbtc-38711

Just out of curiosity, did you specify the correct 'communication' ?
Activity: 33
Hy. 2 weeks ago i sent 4400 euro from by bank ( Ing Bank) thrue Sepa. Money was in BITSTAMP account in 2 days. But from than passed alot of days and i dont have that money on BITSTAMP. I made alot of tickets on site,email but no one from BITSTAMP cant tell me why they dont found my account. SO PEOPLES DONT TRUST THEM. I AM AFRAID I JUST LOOSE 4400 EURO.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
they replied to my support ticket (deposted a few honderd euros more than 2 weeks ago) and askedmy to send a bank statement. I did that and now they are looking into it. Hope it will be resolved soon!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
Has anybody so far reported not being able to WITHDRAW funds from Bitstamp?

Yes! Still no wire from Bitstamp. Request date: 12/11 amount: $21k

What does it say in the "withdrawal" menu? "In process"? "Waiting to be processed"?
KS

Is you bank in the "OK list"?
Activity: 90
Merit: 10

eoJ
Activity: 140
Please don't go withdrawing funds from bitstamp if you're in the EU. Just sell me the coins, I'd be more than happy to buy at bitstamp rate and send the money instantly (for reasonable sized amounts).
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
KS
Activity: 167
A couple of days ago I successfully transferred money from MKB bank in Hungary to my Bitstamp account. This was a SEPA transfer and it easily went through in a day. (The only downside is that it was rather expensive, about EUR 5 for a EUR 200 transfer. But this is how banks in Hungary operate...)
KS
2013-11-20
Updated.

Please, guys (and gals) stay on topic. This thread is solely to list the banks that are OK/NOK with Bitstamp.

Thank you.

KS
Pages:
Jump to: