Pages:
Author

Topic: BITSTAMP SEPA account "no transfer" countries/banks' list (upd 2014-10-14) - page 9. (Read 49754 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
Bloody hell, fiat problems with both the biggest exchanges!
I am really looking forward to 2020 when the fiat system is being crushed underfoot by a worldwide stampede to cryptocurrency. We need the p2p fiat/btc transfer system up and running sooner than later...

+1
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Bloody hell, fiat problems with both the biggest exchanges!
I am really looking forward to 2020 when the fiat system is being crushed underfoot by a worldwide stampede to cryptocurrency. We need the p2p fiat/btc transfer system up and running sooner than later...
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Hey, here in Spain ING is doing the same thing, blocking SEPAs to BITSTAMP.

More info about "ING" (A bank):

https://www.ingdirect.es/
Also, ING is a Holland bank that also operates in Spain.
http://www.ing.nl/particulier/index.aspx?first_visit=true
http://www.ing.com/Our-Company.htm

Please post here the name of your Bank.

incidentally this was the same bank (ing-diba) that had intersango account flagged in 2011. Back then however, it was just a "warning" kind of flag that triggered them to call me and write a letter to verify I had initiated transfer.

So they outright refuse to send the money? Well: this is exactly why we need bitcoin. Noone tells you where you can or cannot send your money.
rme
Activity: 756
Merit: 504
Hey, here in Spain ING is doing the same thing, blocking SEPAs to BITSTAMP.

More info about "ING" (A bank):

https://www.ingdirect.es/
Also, ING is a Holland bank that also operates in Spain.
http://www.ing.nl/particulier/index.aspx?first_visit=true
http://www.ing.com/Our-Company.htm

Please post here the name of your Bank.
KS
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I'm thinking this is a total non issue as nothing more has been said. If we had a "systematic" concern, we'd be hearing it from many people.

That's what it looks like.

PITA to have to wait until Monday to be able to verify the problem is fixed. Typical. (I want to buy, price goes up, need to sell, goes down, need it fast, banking issue  Roll Eyes Grin ).
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
I'm thinking this is a total non issue as nothing more has been said. If we had a "systematic" concern, we'd be hearing it from many people.
KS
cross-post from wall thread:

Could it be that it is you who was flagged? Either way there needs to be conformation on this did you create a thread already?

No, they most likely flagged the account because either:

• people sent SEPA to bitstamp, bought coins and then said "wasn't me, must have virus or stolen bank creds" or
  • people used stolen banking credentials to buy coins on bitstamp

This happens only so many times without the destination account (bitstamp) getting a flag. Happened to me with intersango in 2011. Telling my bank it was truly me initiating the transfer by phone helped. And no, it wasn't my account that was flagged, but intersango account.

My bank won't send the money as long as the flag isn't lifted. They were of no help as to how that might be achieved.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
cross-post from wall thread:

Could it be that it is you who was flagged? Either way there needs to be conformation on this did you create a thread already?

No, they most likely flagged the account because either:

• people sent SEPA to bitstamp, bought coins and then said "wasn't me, must have virus or stolen bank creds" or
  • people used stolen banking credentials to buy coins on bitstamp

This happens only so many times without the destination account (bitstamp) getting a flag. Happened to me with intersango in 2011. Telling my bank it was truly me initiating the transfer by phone helped. And no, it wasn't my account that was flagged, but intersango account.
legendary
As long as my USD will not be freezed... I have +1000 USD there!
  Shocked

I'm from Belgium also btw...

So basically what you are telling, it would not be possible to withdraw money?
Maybe I should do a test?

edit: 2 days ago I've send 500 EUR to my bitstamp account and yesterday it arrived. So this must be a very recent problem...

For your USD issue, buy BTC Wink

I made some transfers few days ago and the money arrived at BITSTAMP two days ago, but after yesterday night I couldn't send anything anymore. That's from BNP. Care to try, say, a 1 EUR deposit from your bank?

I'll try to send some EUR (10 EUR or something).
I will also report back. I use a small belgian bank, so MAYBE it's still possible

and indeed, as long as my USD is not "frozen" it's not a problem. I can always try to sell BTC at localbitcoinsoar something. (Not that I want to sell immediatly... I'm a hoarder Wink )
KS
Anyone else reporting SEPA transfer issues to BITSTAMP?

Sent a four digit amount of EUR today, will report back as to it's status - but I don't expect any news on that before Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks.
KS
  Shocked

edit: 2 days ago I've send 500 EUR to my bitstamp account and yesterday it arrived. So this must be a very recent problem...

For your USD issue, buy BTC Wink

I made some transfers few days ago and the money arrived at BITSTAMP two days ago, but after yesterday night I couldn't send anything anymore. That's from BNP. Care to try, say, a 1 EUR deposit from your bank?
Activity: 482
Merit: 502
No, OP says that there is a problem with sending money TO Bitstamp.

With more value transferred to and out of Bitstamp (They are no. 2 exchange now), more and more problems will come.
legendary
  Shocked

KS
Updated 2014-10-14

Countries with issues
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org