Pages:
Author

Topic: Block chain size/storage and slow downloads for new users - page 8. (Read 228612 times)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100
My blockchain very slow and spend a lot memory, i want to know how to the solution of matter said?

You will have to use light wallets like Mutlibit, Electrum, Bither, GreenAddress etc...

-MZ
But in between the wallet that you mention what there is had the feature private keys like blockchain?
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
My blockchain very slow and spend a lot memory, i want to know how to the solution of matter said?

You will have to use light wallets like Mutlibit, Electrum, Bither, GreenAddress etc...

-MZ
Activity: 141
The bigger problem if if I don't use the app for a few days it takes 15 minutes to one hour to sync. I think this needs to be addressed in the updates.

There is nothing to do with this. Because it is the time it needs to download and sync the blockchain. So if you have a fast internet and CPU/GPU processor, it will finish faster.

-MZ
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
The bigger problem if if I don't use the app for a few days it takes 15 minutes to one hour to sync. I think this needs to be addressed in the updates.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 4158
The fact that, since the mid-20th
century, the cost of data storage and the cost of
computing power have been decreasing exponentially
year after year, regardless of technological challenges,
market crashes, or anything else. Surely Bitcoin may go
througn growth spurts, but eventually blockchain growth
will become linear (when we hit the block size limit, or
when we remove the limit and let the transaction
frequency reach an economic equlibrium based on tx
fees). Either way, I see no big problem, and I've been
running a full node for several years without any
additional cost.
One of the problem here is the disk space and the other would most probably be the read/write frequency that would shorten the drive's lifespan. Every time a blocks gets mined, the blocks would have to be written to the disk and you would also have to read the files when a peer request a block from you. This MIGHT impact you due to the amount of read and write required and the chances of shortening the lifespan would be pretty high.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
The fact that, since the mid-20th
century, the cost of data storage and the cost of
computing power have been decreasing exponentially
year after year, regardless of technological challenges,
market crashes, or anything else. Surely Bitcoin may go
througn growth spurts, but eventually blockchain growth
will become linear (when we hit the block size limit, or
when we remove the limit and let the transaction
frequency reach an economic equlibrium based on tx
fees). Either way, I see no big problem, and I've been
running a full node for several years without any
additional cost.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
block chain size is most important right now, in near future it will be impossible for most normal users to run full node
old chains prunning is a must
hurry up devs!
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 4158
Why bitcoin wallet day to day very slow sync network?

Maybe because of the node. Try to add new nodes:

#0 make sure you actually want bitcoin core [1]
#1 use the torrent [2]
#2 sync with good nodes for the rest, add them with addnode IP add from your bitcoin.conf file [3] or select a single node a use connect=IP

my personal list of nodes:

Code:
last updated 2014.10.10
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IP               - location             - owner[1]-  speed      - info/stats page[2] - testnet
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
84.200.34.113    - Freinsheim, DE, EU   - Newar   - 1000 mbit/s - yes                - no
185.45.192.129   - Amsterdam, NL, EU    - anon    - 1000 mbit/s - /node.php[3]       - yes
213.165.91.169   - Germany, EU          - shorena -  100 mbit/s - yes                - no
50.7.68.180      - New York, USA        - Newar   -  100 mbit/s - yes                - no
5.9.24.81        - Germany, EU          - zvs     -  unknown    - no                 - no
178.79.173.71    - United Kingdom, EU   - zvs     -  unknown    - no                 - no
107.155.104.194  - Dalls, USA           - zvs     -  unknown    - no                 - no
106.185.32.195   - Japan, Asia          - zvs     -  unknown    - no                 - no
94.242.57.173    - Russia, Asia         - zvs     -  unknown    - no                 - no
[1] refers to a bitcointalk.org username or anon if requested
[2] same IP, port 80 or path/port given
[3] work in progress

[1] https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet
[2] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-bitcoin-blockchain-data-torrent-145386
[3] https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin#Sample_Bitcoin.conf you will have to create the file.

-MZ
It is also important to choose a node that is the nearest to you. Download and upload speed can decrease if the peer is far from you. If the wallet is syncing slowly, it would be most probably due to the verification of the blocks or you have a slow drive. Every blocks have to be verified individually and read/write and CPU speed is a important factor here.
Activity: 70
Nguyen Tri

#1 use the torrent [2]
#2 sync with good nodes for the rest, add them with addnode IP add from your bitcoin.conf file [3] or select a single node a use connect=IP

Code:
last updated 2014.10.10
IP               - location             - owner[1]-  speed      - info/stats page[2] - testnet
84.200.34.113    - Freinsheim, DE, EU   - Newar   - 1000 mbit/s - yes                - no
185.45.192.129   - Amsterdam, NL, EU    - anon    - 1000 mbit/s - /node.php[3]       - yes
213.165.91.169   - Germany, EU          - shorena -  100 mbit/s - yes                - no
50.7.68.180      - New York, USA        - Newar   -  100 mbit/s - yes                - no
5.9.24.81        - Germany, EU          - zvs     -  unknown    - no                 - no
178.79.173.71    - United Kingdom, EU   - zvs     -  unknown    - no                 - no
107.155.104.194  - Dalls, USA           - zvs     -  unknown    - no                 - no
106.185.32.195   - Japan, Asia          - zvs     -  unknown    - no                 - no
94.242.57.173    - Russia, Asia         - zvs     -  unknown    - no                 - no
[3] work in progress

[2] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-bitcoin-blockchain-data-torrent-145386
[3] https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin#Sample_Bitcoin.conf you will have to create the file.

-MZ
Thanks
let me try

#1 use the torrent [2]

Code:
last updated 2014.10.10
[3] work in progress

-MZ
Activity: 70
Nguyen Tri
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Si vis pacem, para bellum
QT Core is good only for folks who can keep it on and connected to the internet all the time...you break it for one day and it takes 15 minutes to sync

Multibit is a good choice

some people dont turn their computers off anyway for other reasons and most western houses have wifi thesedays

i have multibit as well but i like to run a full node anyway to strengthen the network

i think its only a matter of time before the current blockchain is pruned or compressed into something more managable  etc because new users will  have no need to store every transaction of the last 7 years
QT Core is good only for folks who can keep it on and connected to the internet all the time...you break it for one day and it takes 15 minutes to sync

Multibit is a good choice
Is MultiBit as safe to use as QT Core ?

Thanks

Yes, it is! FYI if your computer is compromised(affected with viruses/malwares), even the secure wallet isn't safe.

-MZ
Is MultiBit as safe to use as QT Core ?

Thanks
Activity: 212
Daniel P. Barron
Spamming with your referal link around won't help you earn any money . Doing services , being active and enrolling in signature compaigns , helping people , selling goods you have .. that what will makes you earn money.

[sarcasm]Yeah those two things are totally different.[/sarcasm]
Activity: 686
Merit: 500

excellent zarobotok BTC https://www.999dice.com/?20121700.
P.S. Every hour chatting bonus from 0.0001 - 0.005 BTC. Come join the fun

Spamming with your referal link around won't help you earn any money . Doing services , being active and enrolling in signature compaigns , helping people , selling goods you have .. that what will makes you earn money.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Si vis pacem, para bellum
It takes days to sync my wallet. It really needs better solution  Tongue

Leave it running and it stays up to date and doesn't use resources.... You don't even notice it in the background of you have a reasonable spec pc
Activity: 1
It takes days to sync my wallet. It really needs better solution  Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: