Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Prisma (>=1.4 T/device, 0.75-0.78 W/G, <1 BTC/T, October Shipping) - page 32. (Read 108017 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!
I haven't followed all that Tube / Prisma hype, so hopefully someone can explain please:

• What exactly are those ethernet controllers?
  • How are hashing units connected to an ethernet controller or Raspberry PI?
  • If ordering 10 full devices it's 40 hashing units requiring two ethernet controllers or two Raspberry PIs?
  • So each set of 10 full devices comes with 3 ethernet controllers included, which can be deducted when intending to run on Raspberry PIs instead?
  • What exactly is necessary for using cgminer on Raspberry PI (hard- & software)?

Now with the S4 out of reach due to Bitmaintech's unreasonable pricing that pretty much leaves SP-T and AM, but I'm not quite convinced yet.

P.S. Yes I know about the two GBs, but I'm from Europe and those GBs are for people in the US only.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
dude, i can't belive you have so much activity and still know nothing.it's either you play dumb or ?are you that dumb ?it's not just 14 BTC, you have to add import tax, psu costs,maintanance, cables, everything else !
with all this money you can buy  23 btc from start !

I think you're the one playing dumb.

Why would you automatically assume everyone needs to pay ridiculous import tax even though the majority of people mining don't?

Also not everyone is forced to buy the most expensive ATX psus possible.

You can probably power two miners with one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-24R2711-BladeCenter-2000W-Power-Supply-DPS-2000BB-24R2710-/311083483747?pt=US_Server_Power_Supplies&hash=item486e054263

ok, please clarify who is playing dumb and who is dumb and not playing?

Does it need clarifying?

I'll try to simplify it even further if that's possible:

Assuming EVERYONE needs to pay crippling import taxes = dumb

Assuming EVERYONE needs to buy a $200/kw ATX psu instead of a server PSU = dumb

Assuming you are a prophet and can predict the future difficulty growth = dumb

Assuming difficulty will increase 15% constantly even though the average is ~13% and slowing = dumb

I would agree on most of your points except I wouldn't use the adjective "dumb".  Most people are going to look at it from their own point of view.  Maybe we could state that our opinions pertain to our present location rather than making generalizations.  The majority of would-be miners don't have the knowledge to use server power supplies and break-out boards and import duties, taxes and electricity costs are regional.
 I would argue your final point however.  Friedcat has essentially declared economic war and intends to unleash cheap and numerous miners onto the market to pare down the competition.  I don't think 15% or more sustained diff increase is unreasonable.  The summer was an anomaly it should be discarded from your diff estimations (IMHO).
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
what's the latest pricing ?
Activity: 139
yes, no one can predict difficulty change in even btc price price go up and down
Activity: 770
Merit: 509

Reading prediction markets like BDD and forecasting the difficulty growth = not dumb

You might not be able to predict it, but its odds can be priced.

BDD is basically proof that people cannot predict the future difficulty. If they could then I'd think the price of b.sell/b.mine would steadily decline according to the divs instead of jumping all over the place especially during abnormally large/small difficulty increases. There is a huge amount of money to be made from people being wrong all the time.

It's currently priced for ~10% avg difficulty increases which even I find a bit optimistic.
Activity: 938
Merit: 502
dude, i can't belive you have so much activity and still know nothing.it's either you play dumb or ?are you that dumb ?it's not just 14 BTC, you have to add import tax, psu costs,maintanance, cables, everything else !

Reading prediction markets like BDD and forecasting the difficulty growth = not dumb

You might not be able to predict it, but its odds can be priced.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Still waiting to see on that as well.
The GPIO is used with the BTCGardens for the Pi and most likely is the way we will go with the Pi controller or a possible USB adapter once we get more info from FriedCat.
Juan at 112bit is serious about the Pi controller as is Novak. 

Excuse me if this has already been explained, but how does a Pi control this one?  My understanding is you can use the same Ethernet controller as the Tube on the Prisma, so how does a Pi interface with the Prisma (and take the place of the Ethernet controller)? Do you go GPIO on the Pi to the 3 pins on the Prisma?  Is there a different interface on the Prisma?

Also, if the same Ethernet controller works on both this and the Tube, has someone figured out how to use a Pi to control a Tube?  Using cgminer on a Tube would be pretty cool...
Activity: 770
Merit: 509

Why would you automatically assume everyone needs to pay ridiculous import tax even though the majority of people mining don't?

You can probably power two miners with one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-24R2711-BladeCenter-2000W-Power-Supply-DPS-2000BB-24R2710-/311083483747?pt=US_Server_Power_Supplies&hash=item486e054263

Does it need clarifying?

I'll try to simplify it even further if that's possible:

Assuming EVERYONE needs to pay crippling import taxes = dumb

Assuming EVERYONE needs to buy a $200/kw ATX psu instead of a server PSU = dumb

Assuming difficulty will increase 15% constantly even though the average is ~13% and slowing = dumb
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Inspired
the price at launch was at 1.39 BTC but now they dropped it ?

1.39BTC would be less than 1BTC per Th
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
Excuse me if this has already been explained, but how does a Pi control this one?  My understanding is you can use the same Ethernet controller as the Tube on the Prisma, so how does a Pi interface with the Prisma (and take the place of the Ethernet controller)? Do you go GPIO on the Pi to the 3 pins on the Prisma?  Is there a different interface on the Prisma?

Also, if the same Ethernet controller works on both this and the Tube, has someone figured out how to use a Pi to control a Tube?  Using cgminer on a Tube would be pretty cool...
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
the price at launch was at 1.39 BTC but now they dropped it ?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Hi Friedcat is there a cable to connect the Pi to the miner that is available as well?
Do you also think your version of cgminer can have the changes added to the main trunk of cgminer?

Does it have the same internal software problems as the Tube?
Or is the stratum implementation fixed this time?
Hopefully your custom cgminer version doesn't have the same problems also.
The cgminer differs from the main branch in only the communication to the device
and some part of the USB driver. Other parts are not modified.

It would also be open source.
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

any prof that the bug of asicminet tube already reverse to this prisma thing??

They are still working on the controller issues...he recommends using an rpi to use others pools.

this make it a no go for me as of today.  I like the long profile I like the lower power.
Man this would be so easy to order if the controller allowed most pools and 2 pools at a time with auto switch.
The little r-box with the same chips runs 2 pools with auto switching. and the s-3 runs 3 pools with auto switching

I will watch to see what this does. and what it costs for 1 of them in a  group buy like canary did for the shorter tube.

AM's controller is not required for the Prisma. You should be able to use an RPI. If the it's usb interface, you will be able to use any controller you like.

I've opened up a group buy for buyers in the US:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-asicminer-prisma-14ths-147-btc-795477
Activity: 173
No, there won't be any stratum problem using cgminer with Raspberry PI.

The fixing of custom ethernet controllers' problem is still under way though.

Friedcat,

Is the cgminer code available somewhere?  I would like to see an X48 driver for the RPi if it is already made, even if it isn't completely finished. 

Also with regard to the ethernet controllers:  Is this something you expect to have done soon or is it going to be more than a few weeks?  Not asking for some promised date, just curious about roughly when it might be done.

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

They are still working on the controller issues...he recommends using an rpi to use others pools.

this make it a no go for me as of today.  I like the long profile I like the lower power.

But I ran a pair of tubes and got un real luck with them.  making roi and then some in under 20 days. As I jumped off cex.io and onto  mmpool.org making 2 blocks really fast. and also finding the zen-pool/problem while testing mmpool.org.   All because the controller has 2 issues.
 1)very few pools 2) no auto rollover

Man this would be so easy to order if the controller allowed most pools and 2 pools at a time with auto switch.
The little r-box with the same chips runs 2 pools with auto switching. and the s-3 runs 3 pools with auto switching

I will watch to see what this does. and what it costs for 1 of them in a  group buy like canary did for the shorter tube.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain
Hello

We are working in a Pi controller we may have it soon.

Also we still have Tubes in USA at 0.77 BTC each.

And in few days we will launch a GB of Prismas.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/block-erupter-prisma-14-tdevice-075-078-wg-1-btct-october-shipping-791827

Regards

Juan
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

Pages:
Jump to: