Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Prisma (>=1.4 T/device, 0.75-0.78 W/G, <1 BTC/T, October Shipping) - page 30. (Read 107987 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 270
Reverse Engineer
hash rate per watt not a problem, it can be solved easly with loverclock Wink Major problem is Block Erupter's ugly user interface named: "BE200 Jet stratum miner", rockminer solve this problem with new r4 box model but Asicminer using still oldschool ugly BlockErupter thing. Thats terrible. Now i must to ask this, anyone can try http://getminera.com/ interface ? beatiful...

or maybe they can use this:
http://www.dragino.com/products/linux-module/item/87-he.html  ------ this is 15$ bitmain biggest solution.
https://github.com/dragino
like antminer s3.

i hope FriedCat answers this message.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
Looks like a longer tube. How did they get the efficiency up?
Downclock and downvolt each chip.

Nope. Its a new parallel powering layout which is simply more efficient. If I get a Prisma you'll be able to see it in the pictures.

That may be true but it's also underclocked. The tubes were 8.3gh/s per chip and Prisma is 7.3gh/s.

Where did you hear about this "parallel powering layout"?

Downclocking the chips by 10% doesn't result in 25% power savings. The design was first done by XBTec on their Pacifics (https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3874/14825302026_f8e55aca1f_o.jpg) which results in significantly lower power requirements by stringing the chips together. [Note their V1 didn't actually realise the power savings in the design due to other bottlenecks, but the V2 did]. This is the same 'technology' that friedcat has put on the Prisma to generate the power savings compared to the Tube.

While I respect AM and your guides Dogie, I have to respectfully disagree -

The math:
800(speed of the tube) X 240/270(ratio of clocks) X 2(ratio of chips per miner) = 1422
 and because you have underclocked you can now lower the voltage resulting in some power savings.
Come on man we've all done this with our GPUs; this is nothing different or special and nothing they couldn't have done right off the hop to give AM an edge.

parallell powering layout my ASS.  Who came up with this BS?

Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Looking at the prisma image it's pretty hard to see what's going on [...] I think it's just a low quality image
Pretty much.  I'm sure higher quality pictures will pop up as people get these in hand (asicminer could take some themselves, of course).  Here's some different angles, but they're really not that much clearer Smiley

It does look like a lot of buffer ICs (or something) from that picture and there are certainly caps, I can't really tell what's on the other side of the chips though...  I'm not certain of the exact way that these are being hooked up, but the core voltage is somewhere between 0.55 and 0.88 V, and 16 in series under 12V would be 0.75V per chip, which would be reasonable.  Maybe on the other side of the chips are low power bucks to generate the correct I/O voltage for each chip (1.8V above whatever ground level is).

Interesting, at any rate.

--
novak

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
Looking at the prisma image it's pretty hard to see what's going on [...] I think it's just a low quality image
Pretty much.  I'm sure higher quality pictures will pop up as people get these in hand (asicminer could take some themselves, of course).
Here's some different angles, but they're really not that much clearer Smiley
Activity: 173

Nope. Its a new parallel powering layout which is simply more efficient. If I get a Prisma you'll be able to see it in the pictures.

Interesting, Dogie.  I assume you have some inside information.  Looking at the prisma image it's pretty hard to see what's going on, almost looks intentionally blurred over the area that previously contained the buck circuits.  I think it's just a low quality image, but that particular area is pretty blurry.  It looks like maybe there are a couple of ICs in the area, potentially level shifters between the BEE200 chips and the AVR for SPI communication?  And I am pretty sure I do see caps in between each BE200 chip, which would make sense.

--
novak
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

That may be true but it's also underclocked. The tubes were 8.3gh/s per chip and Prisma is 7.3gh/s.

Downclocking the chips by 10% doesn't result in 25% power savings. The design was first done by XBTec on their Pacifics (https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3874/14825302026_f8e55aca1f_o.jpg) which results in significantly lower power requirements by stringing the chips together. [Note their V1 didn't actually realise the power savings in the design due to other bottlenecks, but the V2 did]. This is the same 'technology' that friedcat has put on the Prisma to generate the power savings compared to the Tube.

is that the stringing to run them off 12V without massive losses on the DC/DC converters?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

is it possible to reach 2Th by overclocking say 1 chip out of 2 (and considering the chip density) or something?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
  • Will AM or friedcat provide a ready-to-use Raspberry PI image?
Why doesn't AM or friedcat start a github repo for offering a ready-to-use image (preferably featuring a web-GUI as well) as well as the source code for their modified cgminer / USB drivers?

This!

Sort it out FC!!

Offer a bounty for a RPi image with nice web GUI - someone could fork MinePeon to work with AM tubes...
Activity: 238
Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!
What I'd like to know:

• Can a Prisma be over/under clocked/volted?
  • Will AM or friedcat provide a ready-to-use Raspberry PI image?

I think it's wrong that AM still sticks to those buggy ethernet controllers, they should drop that one and concentrate on providing a real controller unit. I also find it wrong that CrazyGuy only wants to offer his Raspberry PI image for use with Prisma to his customers, because it does not really make any sense that all the other AM customers should have to reinvent the wheel themselves.

Why doesn't AM or friedcat start a github repo for offering a ready-to-use image (preferably featuring a web-GUI as well) as well as the source code for their modified cgminer / USB drivers?
Activity: 574
still no pricing yet ? pls pls pls revise !
what do you mean no pricing yet?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
still no pricing yet ? pls pls pls revise !
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
Please, a real picture of this Prisma!
There's one a few pages back:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8931990
( note that I replaced that picture the other day as the original disappeared )
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
Please, a real picture of this Prisma!
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Really no need to fix those controllers if we can use a Pi!!

So it's either buggy ethernet controller with uncertain fix or Raspberry PI with uncertain capability (possibly unreliable and/or underpowered) in an uncertain setup.

If there's a problem with the Pi it's going to be the driver.  There's no trouble running cgminer on a Pi and the BE200 ethernet controller is much weaker than a Pi.  As in, 1/4000th of the RAM space.

--
novak

I believe the issue with the RPIs are USB and ethernet bus related. The BTCGarden units ran great on an RPI but they were using GPIO.

I'm thinking the Prisma limit on RPI will probably be lower than the BE controller but we'll know soon enough. The good thing about the USB adapter is that it should be trivial to get these running on any controller you choose.

I've been told by phasebird that the adapter should be compatible with tubes as well, waiting on confirmation.

would this same USB dongle work for running S1 blades? (theres a thread dedicated to running them on an RPi)
Pages:
Jump to: