Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Prisma (>=1.4 T/device, 0.75-0.78 W/G, <1 BTC/T, October Shipping) - page 27. (Read 107986 times)

legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
So this is really underclocked tube, nothing new in the unit ?

There are new things in the unit, if others want to believe it or not is another thing.
I was generalizing. Could be new design. I don't know enough. But the main driver for efficiency is more chips at lower load.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!
OK, not so sure about MinePeon any more, which has last been updated in March.

What about Minera?

Or is there any other miner OS with web-GUI else to be considered?

Where will AM's branch of cgminer be hosted (github?), and when will it be available?
Will it be kept up-to-date with the official cgminer source (to not have the Bitmain situation all over again)?
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
So what's necessary to get MinePeon working with Prisma? Just the appropriate USB driver for Prisma, and where to get it?

How many Prismas could possibly be connected to one control unit running MinePeon?

It really comes down to the control unit, if the Prisma is a go or no-go.

If you have shell access, you should be able to grab ASICMiner's branch of cgminer(once it's available), build cgminer, and replace the cgminer binary with your custom build. API calls should be unchanged, so the web interface should work. ASICMiner recommends a maximum of 4 Prismas per RPI.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Bitcoin is getting bigcoin
is it still possible to order them for october shipping??
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
I have 10 prismas coming soon to me.
Can anyone help me to get ready to set them up ?
what is the USB port for ?

The USB lets you not use the AM Controller that everyone dislikes. You can then use the USB to a Rasp Pi, BBB, or whatever to mine.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912

There are new things in the unit, if others want to believe it or not is another thing.

If there is anything new, it will be in bold and italics in Dogie's comprehensive guide Wink

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
I guess thats the whole point regarding AM's strategy. ... They got a massive amount of chip to unload, the rest depends on you/the community.

Still lots of chips to unload? Also the community owns nothing to AM. It's their job to get their stuff right.

... you're critical about any company which isn't STech.
legendary
I have 10 prismas coming soon to me.
Can anyone help me to get ready to set them up ?
what is the USB port for ?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!
So what's necessary to get MinePeon working with Prisma? Just the appropriate USB driver for Prisma, and where to get it?

How many Prismas could possibly be connected to one control unit running MinePeon?

It really comes down to the control unit, if the Prisma is a go or no-go.
legendary
why is everyone complaining about the controllers ? i don't get it ?
how bad could it be ?

As long as you want to use ghash.io, mmpool or btcguild... Nothing.
It doesn't play well with others Wink. Also, the GUI is shitty.

I guess thats the whole point regarding AM's strategy. You get robust high density miners, DYO style, then if peps are not happy with them please feel free to do something about what you believe to be improvable. Thats what i would expect when they called for crowsourcing the design etc.. They got a massive amount of chip to unload, the rest depends on you/the community. Plus, it seems there would be some sort of bounty for each improvement too. Could be wrong but clearly AM's positioning is not the same as spongedoo, bitfury, or even bitmain.

Well their strategy was to forgo mining and the manufacture of miners altogether.  They planned on chip sales alone but a couple of things happened (chip design issues, difficulty rise) which derailed their plan.  The miners are plan "C" I believe or possibly plan "D" which comes after the "franchise" fail.  The open sourcing was a Hail Mary to save money, save face and get something to market fast.
That's just my guy feeling.  Looking forward to the next gen with AM's lessons learned.

From its inception AM has include all bitcoiners. Whether stakeholders, shareholder or developer. It is indeed a hard battle that is going on, but i would assume they just dont have enough time if not ressources to get it all nicely packed before falling straight into our laps. We need companies like AM as much as they need us. Prices are low, quality is good, ethics has been flawless and products are in stock. At some point we need to give them a hand/break (^^) instead of complaining, thats all im saying.

edit: so i would also gladly be tipping anyone making some nice work done for AM at this point. cmon guys its time we roll up our sleeves. lets beat that competition! Anyone up for a badass GUI?! Cheesy

Honestly the controller was really bad, but now that they have a way to add USB to the miners...problem solved. The Prisma with the now added USB is pretty much the best deal out there. I would say that yes SP-Tech and Bitmain sell a much nicer packaged miner, but all that matters is price. I have yet to see anything from SP-T that would ever make a positive ROI, and the newer Bitmain stuff is also over priced.

what is the use of the USB ? for raspberry pi ?
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
I guess thats the whole point regarding AM's strategy. ... They got a massive amount of chip to unload, the rest depends on you/the community.

Still lots of chips to unload? Also the community owns nothing to AM. It's their job to get their stuff right.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

edit: so i would also gladly be tipping anyone making some nice work done for AM at this point. cmon guys its time we roll up our sleeves. lets beat that competition! Anyone up for a badass GUI?! Cheesy

Not up to doing it myself, but minepeon would be the ideal GUI solution I would think.

Quite a few companies including sp-tech use it as the basis for their web interface.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
how bad could it be ?

I guess thats the whole point regarding AM's strategy. You get robust high density miners, DYO style, then if peps are not happy with them please feel free to do something about what you believe to be improvable. Thats what i would expect when they called for crowsourcing the design etc.. They got a massive amount of chip to unload, the rest depends on you/the community. Plus, it seems there would be some sort of bounty for each improvement too. Could be wrong but clearly AM's positioning is not the same as spongedoo, bitfury, or even bitmain.

Well their strategy was to forgo mining and the manufacture of miners altogether.  They planned on chip sales alone but a couple of things happened (chip design issues, difficulty rise) which derailed their plan.  The miners are plan "C" I believe or possibly plan "D" which comes after the "franchise" fail.  The open sourcing was a Hail Mary to save money, save face and get something to market fast.
That's just my guy feeling.  Looking forward to the next gen with AM's lessons learned.

From its inception AM has include all bitcoiners. Whether stakeholders, shareholder or developer. It is indeed a hard battle that is going on, but i would assume they just dont have enough time if not ressources to get it all nicely packed before falling straight into our laps. We need companies like AM as much as they need us. Prices are low, quality is good, ethics has been flawless and products are in stock. At some point we need to give them a hand/break (^^) instead of complaining, thats all im saying.

Honestly the controller was really bad, but now that they have a way to add USB to the miners...problem solved. The Prisma with the now added USB is pretty much the best deal out there. I would say that yes SP-Tech and Bitmain sell a much nicer packaged miner, but all that matters is price. I have yet to see anything from SP-T that would ever make a positive ROI, and the newer Bitmain stuff is also over priced.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
how bad could it be ?

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
how bad could it be ?

Well their strategy was to forgo mining and the manufacture of miners altogether.  They planned on chip sales alone but a couple of things happened (chip design issues, difficulty rise) which derailed their plan.  The miners are plan "C" I believe or possibly plan "D" which comes after the "franchise" fail.  The open sourcing was a Hail Mary to save money, save face and get something to market fast.
That's just my guy feeling.  Looking forward to the next gen with AM's lessons learned.
legendary
should this raspberry pi b+ be enough to run 4x prismas ?

http://www.adafruit.com/product/1914
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
how bad could it be ?

Pages:
Jump to: