Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Prisma (>=1.4 T/device, 0.75-0.78 W/G, <1 BTC/T, October Shipping) - page 28. (Read 107987 times)

Activity: 526
Merit: 500
I asked them if I can run the prismas on nicehash.com and they said "yes"
I hope they told me the truth because I don't like ghash, i want to use nicehash.

I could be wrong, but I think for that you may need the Raspberry Pi.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
I asked them if I can run the prismas on nicehash.com and they said "yes"
I hope they told me the truth because I don't like ghash, i want to use nicehash.

maybe i can use it on nicehash with the raspberry pi instead of the controller ?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
why is everyone complaining about the controllers ? i don't get it ?
how bad could it be ?

As long as you want to use ghash.io, mmpool or btcguild... Nothing.
It doesn't play well with others Wink. Also, the GUI is shitty.
legendary
why is everyone complaining about the controllers ? i don't get it ?
how bad could it be ?
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
...Is anyone (maybe friedcat?) working on a proper image with cgminer and web-GUI for Raspberry PI...

First post:
...Also, we added cgminer support on Raspberry PI...

...The hashing units are driven by ethernet controllers. It can also be driven by cgminer on Raspberry PI.
Each ethernet controller or Raspberry PI can run up to 32 units...

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!
A set up Prismas is still tempting, though I have to run the maths again, but:

Is anyone (maybe friedcat?) working on a proper image with cgminer and web-GUI for Raspberry PI or similar device (still not sure, if a Raspberry PI is suitable or not due to USB limitations?)?

The Prisma may be a very interesting device, but bare bone and having to reinvent the wheel with an own control unit is not really user friendly, and as mentioned before, I don not even consider that buggy/limited ethernet controller.

I'm not a programmer/developer and I don't have enough time neither, so if anything concerning that matter is going on / in the works please let me know, as it would definitely influence my purchase decision.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
can anyone answer ?
I've not read the entire thread, but there is currently a Chinese holiday happening.  This may be why you've not heard.

Cheers.
then after that
Golden Week, China’s biggest national holiday, spans seven days in October and usually between October 1 and October 7.

maybe thats why it starts shipping the 7th lol
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
can the prisma be underclocked a little ?

Guessing, yes. There would be no reason not.

It's already an under clocked Tube with more chips and and a cheaper price.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
can anyone answer ?

I can guess that you'll be able to squeeze a Prisma onto a 1000W, but its a guess. And yes, Chinese holiday atm.

You probably could squeeze it onto a 1000W supply but your efficiency would suffer.  The problem you might run into here is that the Raidmax is a quad-rail design with 36A max available per 12V rail so you really only have 912W.  You might wreck the PSU on a Prisma.  It should be okay with a Tube though.  My worst tube is 935 at the wall on an 80+ gold.

I'm using 120V

donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

Guessing, yes. There would be no reason not.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
can anyone answer ?

I can guess that you'll be able to squeeze a Prisma onto a 1000W, but its a guess. And yes, Chinese holiday atm.
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
can anyone answer ?
I've not read the entire thread, but there is currently a Chinese holiday happening.  This may be why you've not heard.

Cheers.
legendary
legendary
I just paid them 14.9 BTC and I have no reply from them by e-mail.
legendary
I have just ordered 10 PRISMA
question: I still have one RAIDMAX 1000W from my previous S3 miners, can I use it to run one PRISMA ?maybe I can underclock the PRISMA by a little bit ?
for the others I will buy RAIDMAX 1200W
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
we have occupied 2 Ad-slots for this Round and will keep them if we could. However ,in long term,I am thinking to change our slots weekly with different styles ,anyone be good at CSS and design is welcome to contact me through PM or email me to [email protected] (paid for sure) ,so that we can select/try several styles every week every slot.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

While I respect AM and your guides Dogie, I have to respectfully disagree -

The math:
800(speed of the tube) X 240/270(ratio of clocks) X 2(ratio of chips per miner) = 1422
 and because you have underclocked you can now lower the voltage resulting in some power savings.
Come on man we've all done this with our GPUs; this is nothing different or special and nothing they couldn't have done right off the hop to give AM an edge.

parallell powering layout my ASS.  Who came up with this BS?

The guy with inside information maybe? But your math checks out so it's k, lets go with that. I'm sure friedcat purposely made the tubes consume an additional 50% power for no reason.
Not commenting on the series string vs VRM debate since I don't see any reason why they couldn't have done so, but if you're burning an extra 50% in your VRM you've done it extremely poorly.

maybe not 50%, but I do know they get very hot, must be losing up to 10% power over the regulator and another 5% on the inductor. It also looks like theres a few extra chips. Couple all these things together and theres definitely potential to trim some power draw in comparison to the previously high-volted, overclocked chips
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

While I respect AM and your guides Dogie, I have to respectfully disagree -

The math:
800(speed of the tube) X 240/270(ratio of clocks) X 2(ratio of chips per miner) = 1422
 and because you have underclocked you can now lower the voltage resulting in some power savings.
Come on man we've all done this with our GPUs; this is nothing different or special and nothing they couldn't have done right off the hop to give AM an edge.

parallell powering layout my ASS.  Who came up with this BS?

The guy with inside information maybe? But your math checks out so it's k, lets go with that. I'm sure friedcat purposely made the tubes consume an additional 50% power for no reason.
Not commenting on the series string vs VRM debate since I don't see any reason why they couldn't have done so, but if you're burning an extra 50% in your VRM you've done it extremely poorly.
Pages:
Jump to: