Pages:
Author

Topic: BlockBurner LLC - Crucible FPGA Scrypt Miner - Announcement Aug-19 - page 2. (Read 42381 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Also very interested.  Been a while since i have seen an update.
+1
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
Also very interested.  Been a while since i have seen an update.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Joined the mailing list... definitely interested in this project!

Activity: 798
www.DonateMedia.org
Are they friends of yours or something? Why are you trying to quietly (sort of) drum up business for them in other peoples threads?

No, I just email them. I figure that if there is any competition for a LTC fpga or ASIC it's going to be from these people so it seems to make sense to keep what they are doing in the loop.

As for drumming up business, the last quote they gave me was over 30,000GBP to develop something, so I don't think we are exactly their 'market'. If they do a LTC FPGA (which they seem to have their eyes on) I assume they will develop it themselves and then just sell individual units. They did make a Bitcoin FPGA miner. Why they didn't make an ASIC seems only because they are a real engineering firm and I suppose are more focused on their traditional clients.

Anyhow, It's not competition at this point. Blockburner seems the most far along, and certainly the most committed. Enterpoint is keeping track of LTC, but as an afterthought it seems.

I actually spoke to them myself before I started this thread, it was indicated to me they were pretty backed up on current projects to the tune of August being the earliest they could take on any more major productions, though I have no idea if that has changed since then.

Well, in the interest of transparency as promised, I present BlockBurner LLC  Cool

https://app.mt.gov/cgi-bin/bes/besCertificate.cgi?action=detail&bessearch=C238415&trans_id=besa1317115155909d500

This has been most of the block for us to continue on these last couple weeks, but no longer.

Now, this is my current home address, I do ask that it is respected as such. I intend the actual shop space to be located in Missoula, MT, which I will be speaking to my elder cousin Jimmy Caras of Caras Property Management about very soon. (Through an odd coincidence Kares and Caras are of blood relation  Cheesy)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
Are they friends of yours or something? Why are you trying to quietly (sort of) drum up business for them in other peoples threads?

No, I just email them. I figure that if there is any competition for a LTC fpga or ASIC it's going to be from these people so it seems to make sense to keep what they are doing in the loop.

As for drumming up business, the last quote they gave me was over 30,000GBP to develop something, so I don't think we are exactly their 'market'. If they do a LTC FPGA (which they seem to have their eyes on) I assume they will develop it themselves and then just sell individual units. They did make a Bitcoin FPGA miner. Why they didn't make an ASIC seems only because they are a real engineering firm and I suppose are more focused on their traditional clients.

Anyhow, It's not competition at this point. Blockburner seems the most far along, and certainly the most committed. Enterpoint is keeping track of LTC, but as an afterthought it seems.
‘Try to be nice’
I wrote Enterpoint yesterday and they said they haven't worked more on LTC FPGA, but that they are adding a memory extension to their current FPGA's and that they will be able to mine LTC. :-)

I'm ultra interested to see what they come up with .
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
I wrote Enterpoint yesterday and they said they haven't worked more on LTC FPGA, but that they are adding a memory extension to their current FPGA's and that they will be able to mine LTC. :-)
legendary
Activity: 1148
i am interested count me in
Activity: 616
I would like to buy few............. Please count me.
Activity: 436
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
[reserved to explain how top of the line anything won't matter for eMunie]
‘Try to be nice’
www.DonateMedia.org
so one guy programming and the rest managing the project.  doing some due diligence this doesn't sound like a seasoned team of developers here. maybe just one.  not sure what to expect anymore.

http://blockburner.net/info/

I don't understand statements like these when the information is readily available about the team (aside Zalfrin, still getting his bio, but he is the designer of the Scrypt implementation and FPGA core).

You seem to be assuming we're just taking an existing FPGA board and programming it, which is inaccurate. We are designing a fully custom FPGA and Scrypt implementation in the form of a complete device and not just a bare board.  And I say we, as we all have design input (you will see my mark as an IT systems guy on it, I am keeping large scale hashfarmers in mind with features not uncommon on a regular production server environment).

ok ahh - to Operatr and Janslee -

I just want to bring up something i  posted earlier  : -

I’ll summarize it :

" FPGA Devs and large potential buyers and others should be careful because C++ (and other codes) can evolve faster than hardware,  and markets generally find a balance that tends toward distribution in this evolutionary information environment"

and now eMuni is in its second Beta - so was I correct  ?

i guess we will find out , but if i was correct , it was record time , i'm usually not correct like this for years , but we do live in exponential  times ! : D

Operatr - i know by reading back to the thread that you were busy and missed my point and thought i was talking about a 51% attack when i said that so i thought i'd carify it and tell you i was talking about market forces and confidence.

I apologize if I didn't answer your previous post on that  Huh  I am scanning back through this for your original post (if you want to help me find it please do Smiley )

It has been my experience that hardware generally outpaces software by a large degree, but these are definitely not the usual desktop PCs and applications, so those rules are out the window. I think it is very difficult to say with any accuracy where this will all go in the near future

I'm not a c++ programmer so I won't assume too much on that front however.

Yeah Jasinlee I didn't see anything about the hash algorithm it will use or the mining (called hatching nodes I guess?) either, which I thought was odd.  We'll see what it does.

To get back on track, I am still interested in your input for what kinds of features you would like to see implemented.

Hoping to update this week with more on the open source Igniter UI miner software package  Cool
Activity: 742
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

I just want to bring up something i  posted earlier  : -

I’ll summarize it :

" FPGA Devs and large potential buyers and others should be careful because C++ (and other codes) can evolve faster than hardware,  and markets generally find a balance that tends toward distribution in this evolutionary information environment"

i guess we will find out , but if i was correct , it was record time , i'm usually not correct like this for years , but we do live in exponential  times ! : D

Operatr - i know by reading back to the thread that you were busy and missed my point and thought i was talking about a 51% attack when i said that so i thought i'd carify it and tell you i was talking about market forces and confidence.

Its Jasinlee not Janslee Tongue

eMuni hasn't been proven yet. Lets see it out in the wild being bashed by everyone then we may see whether it can compete or not. The thread has the OP saying something to the effect of "it does not have a magical algo" well I didn't read the whole thread, but I didn't see anything saying how the hashing/processing functions on the network. As for evolving faster than hardware.....how would we know if we haven't had a chance to toy with it? And who is to say the fpga we produce wouldn't hash faster on the network than any gpu could achieve? And to that point, who says I couldn't have my EE produce a kernel for EMU inside of a day to hash on a gpu or an fpga.
‘Try to be nice’

I just want to bring up something i  posted earlier  : -

I’ll summarize it :

Activity: 714
so one guy programming and the rest managing the project.  doing some due diligence this doesn't sound like a seasoned team of developers here. maybe just one.  not sure what to expect anymore.
www.DonateMedia.org
Hello,

I'm very interested by a FPGA scrypt miner.
 because mining alt-coins with GPU is a pain for environnement.

Kind regards

Thank you for your support c0inbuster! It is very true that GPU mining is not very ideal in terms of the wellness of of the planet at large, power efficient hardware is becoming a requirement to allow the mining network to remain scalable long term without a terrible impact.

WindMaster is probably the only forum member who has provided more technical understanding about FPGAs/ASICs and scrypt.  I would have expected the people that are developing the scrypt FPGA/ASICs would have a similar technical depth.

Team members Cheshyr and Zalfrin are both seasoned professionals in FPGA design and integrated systems, both members of this board as well.

The fact I don't have enough technical training to develop this hardware from scratch on my own is not to say I have no understanding of FPGA's or Scrypt. My technical background is of a different nature by training and experience, but I think our combined skills compliment each other well. They have no interest in managing core business aspects directly, which is my role and responsibility to manage.
Activity: 714
WindMaster is probably the only forum member who has provided more technical understanding about FPGAs/ASICs and scrypt.  I would have expected the people that are developing the scrypt FPGA/ASICs would have a similar technical depth.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Hey WindMaster, Dial it back a wee bit mate.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Hello,

I'm very interested by a FPGA scrypt miner.
 because mining alt-coins with GPU is a pain for environnement.

Kind regards
Pages:
Jump to: