Pages:
Author

Topic: Blockchain Gaming and It's Future - page 35. (Read 59512 times)

Activity: 115
Merit: 2
October 05, 2018, 05:49:30 PM
I think it's cool to incorporate blockchain into video games.  My favorites seem to be similar... I really like PVP and fantasy type RPG like casters/stealths/swords and stuff.  But I also think the gaming market is tough.  Lots of competition and all these small niches where pockets of players exist.  It just means that developers have to be careful if the intent is to remain profitable.  My experience with kitties was that it was too expensive and I didn't really see a reward.  Maybe I just was unlucky or didn't understand a strategy but either way it was just a turn off and I haven't had a second look at blockchain games since then.  I expect that if blockchain games do take off it will be more so that the blockchain isn't the main feature people look at... it will just be in the background.

For me, the main click of blockchain-based games, that it could be self-sustaining, if i can say so. Obviously, they will be pay to win (or pay to play in pleasant environment), but the fact, that you actually get the money for playing; money you can spend in said game, make those kinds of games interesting to play and be competitive.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
October 05, 2018, 01:35:28 PM
I personally did not try out the games, I do a little different and I do not have time for this! but I will say one thing: I see new game projects appear more and more! every year the capitalization of gaming platforms is constantly growing! Play 2 Life - this is one of the most promising sites associated with games! This token has a very large growth pot! games are the future, especially with such technologies!))
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
October 05, 2018, 12:58:45 PM
I think it's cool to incorporate blockchain into video games.  My favorites seem to be similar... I really like PVP and fantasy type RPG like casters/stealths/swords and stuff.  But I also think the gaming market is tough.  Lots of competition and all these small niches where pockets of players exist.  It just means that developers have to be careful if the intent is to remain profitable.  My experience with kitties was that it was too expensive and I didn't really see a reward.  Maybe I just was unlucky or didn't understand a strategy but either way it was just a turn off and I haven't had a second look at blockchain games since then.  I expect that if blockchain games do take off it will be more so that the blockchain isn't the main feature people look at... it will just be in the background.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
October 05, 2018, 12:45:14 PM
For me, the future will definitely be for this segment, where people will not only be able to play, but also to earn money for it, not for nothing there are companies that are now actively involved in this segment,and invest a lot of money in this direction
Activity: 392
Merit: 4
October 05, 2018, 12:34:38 PM

Damn, friend, I wonder how much money you earned for the 1500 imps sale and how much time you spent to get your them?
Share with me, if it's not hard for you.

I sold 1500 imps for 0.014529 BTC, that's about $ 100
I earned my imps in a couple of weeks, I just fought with other players.

Not bad. If I put 100$ in the game, would they pay off? And if they do, when?
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
October 05, 2018, 09:57:10 AM

Damn, friend, I wonder how much money you earned for the 1500 imps sale and how much time you spent to get your them?

I sold 1500 imps for 0.014529 BTC, that's about $ 100
I earned my imps in a couple of weeks, I just fought with other players.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
October 04, 2018, 04:05:55 PM
Games that use Ethereum network are dead from the start, because each user action cost a lot. This is a niche reserved to card games / gambling / game with minimal user interaction. Collectibles games are perfect for ethereum. Nothing more. Complex games can't be implemented over ETH. Period.

The REAL blockchain games are games that run on their own blockchain where the transactions cost are almost zero and the rules that can be implemented can be much more complex. They will beat any other ETH game in no time.

We launched chainrepublik blockchain (www.chainrepublik.com) 7 days ago and today the network processed more transactions than Monero. The blockchain games are the future of gaming but not using a 3rd party network like ETH.

Activity: 175
October 04, 2018, 03:38:45 PM
Personally I feel that all of the blockchain games currently available are far too limited to really appeal to the masses. Not only are the limited in their scope and replyability, but all seem to have the same common theme of either gambling, collecting or trading. We need some traditional type games to integrate blockchain into the mix, such as a huge AAA type game to really get the public interesting in the technology of blockchain. I don't see this happening within the next 2-3 years.
Is 2 or 3 years that big of a term? I mean, looking at crypto development in particular, you can say that it had lived for about 5 years as for now. The tech in this field is booming, though, so i expect REAL games with blockchain integrated in the next year.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
October 04, 2018, 02:44:01 PM
Yeah been really a hot topic this year and so many are still on their  production that not been release.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189
October 04, 2018, 02:41:27 PM
Personally I feel that all of the blockchain games currently available are far too limited to really appeal to the masses. Not only are the limited in their scope and replyability, but all seem to have the same common theme of either gambling, collecting or trading. We need some traditional type games to integrate blockchain into the mix, such as a huge AAA type game to really get the public interesting in the technology of blockchain. I don't see this happening within the next 2-3 years.

Right now there are a bunch of platforms looking to bring blockchain gaming to the primetime, such as Loom, Enjin and several ongoing ICOs. For the most part, blockchain gaming is reserved for gambling games because they have an immediate audience and are typically easy to create. I think that we'll see some bigger players enter the space soon so we can expect some bigger games.

Can't wait for the Ready Player One DApp!
Activity: 210
W12 – Blockchain protocol
October 04, 2018, 02:38:04 PM
Activity: 392
Merit: 4
October 04, 2018, 02:19:36 PM

Activity: 261
Merit: 3
October 04, 2018, 02:11:26 PM
Certainly a promising direction. It`d be interesting to see how this aspect of crypto will develop in the next few years.
At the very least they`ll work as a great popularizing tool, cryptogaming seems like a nice place to start learning crypto.
Activity: 420
October 04, 2018, 01:50:58 PM
It's great the our community has been expanding and it didn't settled for the exchanges. So, we'll be looking forward how gaming platform can help the commy to improve our economy.
They do improve economy, really. In the sense in which people can make additional money from them, while enjoying the gameplay.

Yes, indeed, you can raise money on this project, yesterday I have sold 1,500 imps, I sent it to my wallet, and was satisfied
Activity: 311
Merit: 100
October 01, 2018, 02:16:41 PM
It's great the our community has been expanding and it didn't settled for the exchanges. So, we'll be looking forward how gaming platform can help the commy to improve our economy.
They do improve economy, really. In the sense in which people can make additional money from them, while enjoying the gameplay.
Activity: 115
October 01, 2018, 12:12:38 PM
If i got you right, then yes, fresh ideas really help improving crypto economy, in my opinion.
Activity: 266
Merit: 11
September 29, 2018, 06:20:20 AM
Activity: 378
September 29, 2018, 06:18:56 AM
I believe the blockchain of the game is very promising sector. I didn't try to play them myself, but I read the stories of people who were able to make good money on it. It's cool when you have the opportunity to play an interesting game and also earn money.

Try one of those 7 games in original post out. You might actually find it interesting.
Activity: 596
September 28, 2018, 06:40:04 PM
I believe the blockchain of the game is very promising sector. I didn't try to play them myself, but I read the stories of people who were able to make good money on it. It's cool when you have the opportunity to play an interesting game and also earn money.
Activity: 175
September 28, 2018, 06:16:11 PM
I'm waiting for launch of Soccer Manager Crypto on XAYA blockchain because I like Football managers and there are many fans of these type of game throughout the world. I want to play my favorite game and earn crypto. I think it is a good chance to get mass adoption of blockchain games and make crypto more popular.
I wonder if people could make a fantasy league connected with blockchain Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: