Pages:
Author

Topic: Blockchain.info - Bitcoin Block explorer & Currency Statistics - page 77. (Read 482537 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
I have a feature request. Could you please be slightly more verbose about all the charts? Could you please add a chart that shows the count of addresses that actually hold coins?

I will add this chart and the one suggested previously at the weekend.

Hey piuk, I assume the above didn't make it into your busy schedule for the past weekend but would you perhaps have a new ETA for it? Just curious..
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
Hi,

I noticed that I no longer get a profit/loss result for satoshidice on blockchain.info - is there a limit to the number of bets or addresses for this functionality to be enabled - I found it quite useful Smiley

Will
Activity: 910
Merit: 1005
Is this something you would consider? Blockchain info for testnet and the API to test on? It would be a little nicer from a development standpoint to test applications with play money before real BTC start flying around in beta code.

Possibly, It would need to be run on a separate database/server but I could certainly see it being useful.

Were there any changes made to the logic of transactions with many small outputs? I'm having trouble with "Insufficient funds" error message again, now the balance of the first output from the drop-down list is quoted as available to send. It was Ok till late evening of 2/9/12 both in FireFox 13 and Chrome 24.0.1312.56.

Thank you in advance for looking into this issue!

I haven't made any changes since then. May I ask the bitcoin address again?

-------------

UK Deposit fees reduced 2.97% - 4.7% (Further fee reductions will be coming next week).

Sofort now available for Austria, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Switzerland, United Kingdom

More info: http://blockchain.info/wallet/deposit-methods
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Have you imposed a hard limit of 100 outputs per transaction by any chance? Is there any way to relax it to, let us say, 200? I think there was a hard limit of 250 some time ago, but it was dropped afterwards, if I'm not mistaken?

Yes this is correct. The limit was reduced to 100 as some users where reporting problems with very large transactions not confirming and incurring unexpectedly high fees. I've adjusted the limit to 200 now, this should be enough for the vast majority of transactions.

Were there any changes made to the logic of transactions with many small outputs? I'm having trouble with "Insufficient funds" error message again, now the balance of the first output from the drop-down list is quoted as available to send. It was Ok till late evening of 2/9/12 both in FireFox 13 and Chrome 24.0.1312.56.

Thank you in advance for looking into this issue!
Activity: 504
WTF???
Do you provide API support for test net?

No not currently.

Is this something you would consider? Blockchain info for testnet and the API to test on? It would be a little nicer from a development standpoint to test applications with play money before real BTC start flying around in beta code.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
The migration of the final Innodb tables to Cassandra is now complete. A MySQL crash will no longer be enough to bring the site down and I am confident there will be no more downtime anytime soon. The Site is now running 4 Ndb nodes, 3 Bitcoind instances, 2 Cassandra nodes, 2 MySQL nodes and 2 Tomcat instances.

Awesome to hear!
Done, added coinbase tag on all our poolservers: "Hi from 50BTC.com 1", "Hi from 50BTC.com 2"...."Hi from 50BTC.com 7"

Thank you, added.

No not currently.

This is missing in the Chrome app.

It will be getting an update in a day or two with some other changes. As the javascript cannot be changed remotely it can lag behind a bit.

-------

The migration of the final Innodb tables to Cassandra is now complete. A MySQL crash will no longer be enough to bring the site down and I am confident there will be no more downtime anytime soon. The Site is now running 4 Ndb nodes, 3 Bitcoind instances, 2 Cassandra nodes, 2 MySQL nodes and 2 Tomcat instances.
foo
Activity: 409
Merit: 250
Push notifcations can now be enabled or disabled in account settings:

This is missing in the Chrome app.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
Activity: 575
PPS pool
It would be better if you could tag your coinbase transactions though.

Done, added coinbase tag on all our poolservers: "Hi from 50BTC.com 1", "Hi from 50BTC.com 2"...."Hi from 50BTC.com 7"
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
For me, the send transaction button disappeared before I could press it, and it did not go through. Attempted three times.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
I can log in to my account now, but can't send a transaction. Some error about a bad script.
I got the same error, but the transactions went fine.
I was about to hit the send button twice, but I stopped to think for a second and saw the transaction in the history.
I was 1 click away to screw everything up.
Hello, piuk!
Please, add our new addresses to your database.

Added. It would be better if you could tag your coinbase transactions though.

I can log in to my account now, but can't send a transaction. Some error about a bad script.

What is the bitcoin address you are trying to send from?
Activity: 163
Merit: 100

Activity: 575
PPS pool
Hello, piuk!
Please, add our new addresses to your database.

not sure if I'm reading this thread right but did it take you 6h to get aware of your >1,000,000Ƀ/month processing site being down?

Unfortunately yes, everybody has to sleep sometime.

Do you use some monitoring like zabbix? You or one of your technicians should get an SMS within a minute or five and not rely on somebody eventually looking at the forum.

The site is monitored by Pingdom and I do get SMS alerts. But other than the datacenter operators who can perform restarts there is no other technician with access to the server roots. I am looking at bringing someone on full time but the issue is finding a good candidate whom I trust. In the short term a fallback to electrum will help.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
I am extremely sorry for the downtime everyone. It was an issue with the database SQL server (not the database itself) not a security issue.

The site still relies on one MySQL server for some database lookups (the actual backend is ndb with data split across 4 servers but all sql queries still route through one mysqld instance) unfortunately when this crashes it brings the site down with it. In order to provide tolerance of this event happening again load balancing between two mysqld instances is needed but there is one innodb table that is preventing this switch currently. My top priority is now to get the innodb table migrated across to cassandra and get two or more instances of mysqld running.

Hi Piuk,

not sure if I'm reading this thread right but did it take you 6h to get aware of your >1,000,000Ƀ/month processing site being down? Naively that would calculate to 8,000Ƀ being sent later than planned which can be super annoying when you meet for a trade in the street. (Maybe MyWallet was not affected but the response time might be the same.)
Do you use some monitoring like zabbix? You or one of your technicians should get an SMS within a minute or five and not rely on somebody eventually looking at the forum.
I am extremely sorry for the downtime everyone. It was an issue with the database SQL server (not the database itself) not a security issue.

The site still relies on one MySQL server for some database lookups (the actual backend is ndb with data split across 4 servers but all sql queries still route through one mysqld instance) unfortunately when this crashes it brings the site down with it. In order to provide tolerance of this event happening again load balancing between two mysqld instances is needed but there is one innodb table that is preventing this switch currently. My top priority is now to get the innodb table migrated across to cassandra and get two or more instances of mysqld running.
legendary
Activity: 2058
this space intentionally left blank
just keep calm guys, piuk is already working Cool

DONT TELL ME TO KEEP CALM!

Tongue
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
just keep calm guys, piuk is already working Cool
Pages:
Jump to: