Pages:
Author

Topic: Blue Fury Support Thread. - page 25. (Read 89538 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
November 11, 2013, 03:28:55 AM
To confirm will 4 BlueFury's work with a 2AMP usb hub? Can I put any more?

Now a second question. Why are the error rates so high?

Thanks.
I would only run 2, 3 at a pinch.
2Amp = 500ma x4
you need power for the hub itself, plus I find power supplies not always 100% efficent, ie 2amp actually only capable of 1.9amp.
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
November 11, 2013, 01:31:31 AM
what is the stock voltage being fed to the a sic?

maybe kinda working on custom fw as a side project

and what is this curious driver-BF2 in https://github.com/aauer1/bfgminer you posted O.o
That is our version of bfgminer 3.0.99

As for voltage I am not sure I will ask.
Activity: 12
November 10, 2013, 07:52:08 PM
Recommended cgminer for bluefuries is 3.8.1. However windows 8.1 I have heard has lots of problems with usb devices.

Hi,

I also have a Raspberry Pi I am using with MinePeon software. I can't get that device to pick up the BlueFury's. Do you know if they are supported on there also? Which version? What commands are needed?

Thanks.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
November 10, 2013, 11:42:02 PM
what is the stock voltage being fed to the a sic?

maybe kinda working on custom fw as a side project

and what is this curious driver-BF2 in https://github.com/aauer1/bfgminer you posted O.o
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
November 10, 2013, 08:46:09 PM
Recommended cgminer for bluefuries is 3.8.1. However windows 8.1 I have heard has lots of problems with usb devices.

Hi,

I also have a Raspberry Pi I am using with MinePeon software. I can't get that device to pick up the BlueFury's. Do you know if they are supported on there also? Which version? What commands are needed?

Thanks.
They should be working. I think Neil is currently working on compatability.

I haven't had any issues on my latest build of BFGMiner I made last thursday or the one I made previously and posted a download link/instructions for a few pages back on this thread. I've been gone a couple of days, so about to start checking what updates came out (if any) and make builds if needed. If you need help, let me know.
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
November 10, 2013, 08:15:47 PM

Hi,

Thanks.
They should be working. I think Neil is currently working on compatability.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
November 10, 2013, 07:36:56 PM
Activity: 12
November 10, 2013, 07:03:06 PM
I disagree in regard to running -S bigpic:all.  I am running my single BF with bfgminer 3.5.1, with the 'alfa driver' provided by Beastlymac, through a batch file called #MINE.bat on Win7 64, the content of this batch file is
bfgminer.exe -S bigpic:all -o [pool url] -u [user name] -p [password]

You can use -S bigpic:all as long as you don't also have USB Block Erupters.  As has been discussed before, using -S bigpic:all will screw up erupters, and using -S erupter:all will screw up BFs.

Thanks Norby! I was trying to say that. I hope everything worked out for you Lou!

BTW G'morning all

Hi,

I got the driver installed on Win8.1 but none of the Blue Fury's are showing up in bfgminer 3.5.1 on my PC or MinePeon 0.24rc2(with git pull). Does anyone know what commands I should use to get them all to show. I have 4 of them on 2 usb hubs(2 each hub). I have tried plugging into USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports and a no go for both. Anyone have any ideas? I would prefer to use them on Minepeon.

This is what i'm using below for Minepeon.

#!/bin/bash
sleep 10
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S bitfury:/dev/ttyACM0 -S bitfury:/dev/ttyACM1 -S bitfury:/dev/ttyACM3 -S bitfury:/dev/ttyAMA0 -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

This is the list of the devices listed using "ls /dev/tty*

http://i.imgur.com/ZHqSJN6.jpg

Thanks.
Try changing the bitfury to bigpic or bf1

How do you know which tty belongs to what miner?

Not sure about Arch but on Debian like systems

Code:
udevadm info --query=all -n /dev/ttyACM0 | grep ID_VENDOR

Just replace the ttyACM0 (above) with the device you need info on. Same goes for ttyUSB devices.

GNU/Linux Debian armhf on SoC. BFGMiner 3.5.1

Hi,

Still can't get it to work with the suggested settings. What versions of cgminer and bfgminer work with Bluefury's? Are they the same settings for both? Can someone assist me by entering the settings under each one if it is specific to that miner or if it is both the same put it under both. I am running Windows8.1x64. The driver for the miners have been installed and COM ports have been assigned.

cgminer = 3.8.0-3.8.1?

bfgminer = 3.5.0-3.5.1?

both = ?

Thanks.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are you like these guys?
November 10, 2013, 07:35:17 PM

Hi,

Still can't get it to work with the suggested settings. What versions of cgminer and bfgminer work with Bluefury's? Are they the same settings for both? Can someone assist me by entering the settings under each one if it is specific to that miner or if it is both the same put it under both. I am running Windows8.1x64. The driver for the miners have been installed and COM ports have been assigned.

cgminer = 3.8.0-3.8.1?

bfgminer = 3.5.0-3.5.1?

both = ?

Thanks.

I cannot say for sure with Win8.1x64 but reported in this thread Win7x32 and Win7x64 work with the Furies under BFGMiner 3.5.1 (I'm running BFGMiner 3.5.1 with Furies on Win7x32).

Anyone out there running them on Win8.1x64?

Smiley
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
November 10, 2013, 07:26:42 PM
Just noticed that ckolivas commited a changeset a few hours ago with an update to the bitfury driver. Re-compiling from source, with those changes, made a difference in the numbers I was seeing in cgminer. Cgminer reported hash rate went from around 1.7-1.8Gh/s to around 2.2 - 2.5Gh/s.
Good find.

I updated my cgminer and the reported hash rate did the same.  

I am running both erupters and blue fury's on the same raspberry pi with no hoops to deal with.  Just plug and play.

Unfortunately, total hash "appears" less than when I put the blue fury on its own machine.

edit: I did not wait long enough for things to stabalize.  I am now seeing the same total hash using just the pi with both erupters and the blue fury as I did with the blue fury on its own machine running bfg.
Activity: 397
Merit: 350
November 10, 2013, 05:20:52 PM
I've put up a new version of cgminer, 3.8.1 with improvements to the blue/red fury devices.

Nice! ill try it out on Monday!
Activity: 397
Merit: 350
November 10, 2013, 05:20:23 PM
my Bluefurys are plugged in at the end of a Dlink Dub7hub with 5 other Asicminer BE USb. They are all hashing away at 335mhs with fans pushing and pulling air through the vents. using the Custom BFGMiner to mine with the Blufury and Block Erupter USB on the same command line. They seem to be hashing okay with 2 Blufury and 24 BlockErupter USB. Havng seen high error rates yet but its only been 2 days on steady. when i get back to work i will report the errorr rates. i am using an external ATX power supply to feed the hubs.

blufurys mining at 2.28 2.38 ghs one was ordered via Ssinc and other was through Maidak. Considering getting one from Oaxaca now.

IF you have firmware can you release it already? I don't like this holding back information shit.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
November 10, 2013, 05:19:51 PM
I've put up a new version of cgminer, 3.8.1 with improvements to the blue/red fury devices.
November 10, 2013, 04:48:16 PM
I think I might need to get my red fury's replaced, they've been going about 1.5-2.0Gh/s. Cry
Activity: 28
November 10, 2013, 10:36:02 AM
Anyone else noticed that sometimes the LED's on the Blues just blink red on and off but sometimes they light up alternate yellow > orange > red and don't blink at all?

It doesn't make any difference to the hashing speed, just wondered why this was

I know in BGFMiner you can toggle an identify switch, which switches the miner from showing the yellow LED on or off, personally i prefer it off with a red flash for accepted work.
Activity: 152
November 10, 2013, 09:45:44 AM
Anyone else noticed that sometimes the LED's on the Blues just blink red on and off but sometimes they light up alternate yellow > orange > red and don't blink at all?

It doesn't make any difference to the hashing speed, just wondered why this was
Activity: 25
November 10, 2013, 08:29:45 AM
I disagree in regard to running -S bigpic:all.  I am running my single BF with bfgminer 3.5.1, with the 'alfa driver' provided by Beastlymac, through a batch file called #MINE.bat on Win7 64, the content of this batch file is
bfgminer.exe -S bigpic:all -o [pool url] -u [user name] -p [password]

You can use -S bigpic:all as long as you don't also have USB Block Erupters.  As has been discussed before, using -S bigpic:all will screw up erupters, and using -S erupter:all will screw up BFs.

Thanks Norby! I was trying to say that. I hope everything worked out for you Lou!

BTW G'morning all

Hi,

I got the driver installed on Win8.1 but none of the Blue Fury's are showing up in bfgminer 3.5.1 on my PC or MinePeon 0.24rc2(with git pull). Does anyone know what commands I should use to get them all to show. I have 4 of them on 2 usb hubs(2 each hub). I have tried plugging into USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports and a no go for both. Anyone have any ideas? I would prefer to use them on Minepeon.

This is what i'm using below for Minepeon.

#!/bin/bash
sleep 10
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S bitfury:/dev/ttyACM0 -S bitfury:/dev/ttyACM1 -S bitfury:/dev/ttyACM3 -S bitfury:/dev/ttyAMA0 -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

This is the list of the devices listed using "ls /dev/tty*

http://i.imgur.com/ZHqSJN6.jpg

Thanks.
Try changing the bitfury to bigpic or bf1

How do you know which tty belongs to what miner?

Not sure about Arch but on Debian like systems

Code:
udevadm info --query=all -n /dev/ttyACM0 | grep ID_VENDOR

Just replace the ttyACM0 (above) with the device you need info on. Same goes for ttyUSB devices.

GNU/Linux Debian armhf on SoC. BFGMiner 3.5.1
November 10, 2013, 08:16:15 AM
Well my units have been running overnight, off to work now. The numbers have evened out since I first started them.
Activity: 10
November 10, 2013, 07:17:57 AM
Seems to have settled down as follows...

http://i.imgur.com/EYp0Ss2.jpg

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
November 10, 2013, 06:34:25 AM
Thanks for the info.  I tried but the in-circuit resistance stays at 0.97K, no matter how many HB lines I make.  So there was no difference in hashing either....
Did you need to remove any coating from the resistor?  (I don't think that they would apply conformal coating to a USB miner).

Cheers

nope, I did not remove any coating. I didnt draw lines, more like a child coloring in, scribble style :-)

Has anyone a plan for putting a variable resistor on the board?
Pages:
Jump to: