Pages:
Author

Topic: Blue Fury Support Thread. - page 22. (Read 89538 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
November 12, 2013, 07:34:27 AM
How about to replace the restistor with an Ω:.85 instead of the pencil mod ?? Would that work to ??
Or what's the "best/savest" restistor to use and get the fastest speed ??
It would not be a ".85" but more likely a 10k instead of the present 22K, as per Beastlymac's earlier comment "from what the EE told me you want to replace the 22K resistor with a 10K one".  (or maybe an added 18k in parallel with the present 22k to achieve the same 10k).  The 0.85K reading during the 'pencil mod' is the observed 'in-circuit' resistance.  I suspect that de-soldering the current SMD 22k resistor and replacing it with 10k is a high risk task that most of us do not have the tools and skills to perform.  At the same time a few pencil lines are low risk and reversible...

Cheers
Activity: 728
Merit: 503
dApps Development Automation Platform
November 12, 2013, 07:13:26 AM
2 of these are pencil modded at different resistances . Been running for 5.5 hrs now with a fan set to low blowing on them - cool to the touch

USING BFGminer 3.2 because it shows the serial #
Ill mod the other 3 and check back later so you can see the differances

here is the 10 min mark
I have the fan on medium now and I could stick my tongue on it if I was drunk
DO NOT DO THIS WITHOUT A FAN BLOWING ON THEM!
Id imagine if you submerge these in Mineral oil you could push 4.5GH/s if you swap that resistor to .65k

After 1.5 hrs things settle down a little

And here is 9 hours 40 mins. Next Im going to put back to stock and see where it came from

And this is my last screenshot

1.5 hours STOCK SPEEDS (UNMODDED)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
November 12, 2013, 06:29:17 AM
How about to replace the restistor with an Ω:.85 instead of the pencil mod ?? Would that work to ??
Or what's the "best/savest" restistor to use and get the fastest speed ??
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
November 12, 2013, 06:11:07 AM
I wonder if I have a bad unit. I've read through this thread, and I've never seen anything better than 1.2GH/s. Different setups, always powered. Screen shot below shows bfgminer 3.5.1, but I've tried cgminer 3.7.2 and bfgminer 3.2.0. Linux and windows.

If this is a bad unit, can I send it in for a replacement/repair?

I am having the same problem and I have also tried Linux, Windows, cgminer and bfgminer. Have you made any progress?

Yes, I contacted my group buy leader. Sending the unit back to him for replacement.

Under BFGMiner the first figure is 5 sec average, second figure is all time average, third figure is average for pool (corrected for rejected).

How long were you connected?  It could take an hour or more to settle.

That was running for a couple of hours. I will try again and leave it overnight.

I left it running all night and it has a pool average of 1.3Ghs.

BFGMiner 3.6.0 is now available.
Also check your internet connection. something like:- Speedtest.net (its a long shot but you may have a problem there)

After that........................
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
November 12, 2013, 06:03:40 AM
I wonder if I have a bad unit. I've read through this thread, and I've never seen anything better than 1.2GH/s. Different setups, always powered. Screen shot below shows bfgminer 3.5.1, but I've tried cgminer 3.7.2 and bfgminer 3.2.0. Linux and windows.

If this is a bad unit, can I send it in for a replacement/repair?

I am having the same problem and I have also tried Linux, Windows, cgminer and bfgminer. Have you made any progress?

Yes, I contacted my group buy leader. Sending the unit back to him for replacement.

Under BFGMiner the first figure is 5 sec average, second figure is all time average, third figure is average for pool (corrected for rejected).

How long were you connected?  It could take an hour or more to settle.

That was running for a couple of hours. I will try again and leave it overnight.

I left it running all night and it has a pool average of 1.3Ghs.
November 12, 2013, 05:17:55 AM
2 of these are pencil modded at different resistances . Been running for 5.5 hrs now with a fan set to low blowing on them - cool to the touch

here is the 10 min mark
Id imagine if you submerge these in Mineral oil you could push 4.5GH/s if you swap that resistor to .65k

And here is 9 hours 40 mins. Next Im going to put back to stock and see where it came from

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
November 12, 2013, 03:15:20 AM

Here are my results, with R15 resistance at 0.89K (in-circuit) after about 9 hours

The pool confirms these results (the 3rd number) The heatsink is a bit warm, but nothing to worry about

Thanks to all those that worked this out Smiley
Activity: 12
November 12, 2013, 12:42:16 AM
Anyone have a link/access to the datasheet for the bitfury chip?
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
November 11, 2013, 11:07:55 PM

They don't seem to go above 3.2ghps in best case scenarios, even though it's a theoretical 5ghps chip. 
Activity: 209
November 11, 2013, 11:04:25 PM
Beastlymac,

You seem to have experience running it on VMware/Ubuntu in BFGMiner.  I could get it to work with cgminer, but I couldn't figure out how to get BFGminer to detect the Fury in VM. 

What driver should the card have on the Win7 64bit side if trying to use bfgminer inside VM?  I assumed the same one that BFGminer uses in Win7.  And I have it working in Win7.  It just won't detect them in the VM at all. 

Activity: 26
November 11, 2013, 08:18:00 PM
We'd love to add native support for the blue fury USB's to work in the Eobot miner/software...let us know who is interested and if anyone wants to provide any help.
November 11, 2013, 07:44:48 PM

here is the 10 min mark

Activity: 161
November 11, 2013, 07:38:33 PM
Mod works great, go get a ohm meter for $5 vs guessing at things. .85 seems a good mix of speed vs hw errors.
November 11, 2013, 07:35:47 PM
start with 2-3 lines across the resistor
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
November 11, 2013, 07:32:16 PM

How much of a pencil line do you need to put on or just apply thin layer each time and go over it?
November 11, 2013, 06:56:08 PM

November 11, 2013, 06:51:34 PM
Anyone who has done the pencil mod can you be as kind to upload a few pictures of the lines on what parts how thing etc to do the lins. Thx in advance.

Where the white line is where you want to use your pencil on the side of that resistor. Don't waste your time doing it on the top. There is some sort of coating that the graphite wont stick to.

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
November 11, 2013, 05:44:40 PM
Anyone who has done the pencil mod can you be as kind to upload a few pictures of the lines on what parts how thing etc to do the lins. Thx in advance.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
November 11, 2013, 05:37:49 PM
Hot damn, you know you're a nerd, when you need about 2 seconds to locate the digital multimeter on your desk, but need to go out to buy a pencil.

In any case:
Ω: 0.97 -> 0.89
Gh/s: 2.23 -> 2.68

I experimented down to 0.85, but since I have to leave it run unattended for a few hours now, I'd like to play it safe.
Activity: 59
November 11, 2013, 05:33:34 PM
of the r15 resistor itself? I did not take a before/after

Just take a #2 pencil and make 2-3 lines across the side of the r15. you should see atleast 10-15% gain

This does cause the device to overheat?
Pages:
Jump to: