Pages:
Author

Topic: Blue Fury Support Thread. - page 24. (Read 89538 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1407
November 11, 2013, 10:53:54 AM
Quick question

How can you run these and usb erupters at the same time in one instance of BFGMiner?
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
November 11, 2013, 10:53:34 AM
I wonder if I have a bad unit. I've read through this thread, and I've never seen anything better than 1.2GH/s. Different setups, always powered. Screen shot below shows bfgminer 3.5.1, but I've tried cgminer 3.7.2 and bfgminer 3.2.0. Linux and windows.

If this is a bad unit, can I send it in for a replacement/repair?

I am having the same problem and I have also tried Linux, Windows, cgminer and bfgminer. Have you made any progress?

Yes, I contacted my group buy leader. Sending the unit back to him for replacement.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
November 11, 2013, 10:39:13 AM
Are your devices still available ?

If yes send me message
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
November 11, 2013, 10:31:22 AM
I wonder if I have a bad unit. I've read through this thread, and I've never seen anything better than 1.2GH/s. Different setups, always powered. Screen shot below shows bfgminer 3.5.1, but I've tried cgminer 3.7.2 and bfgminer 3.2.0. Linux and windows.

http://i.imgur.com/kqXAxOX.png

If this is a bad unit, can I send it in for a replacement/repair?

http://i.imgur.com/fx5KSts.jpg

I am having the same problem and I have also tried Linux, Windows, cgminer and bfgminer. Have you made any progress?
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
November 11, 2013, 09:42:01 AM
Anyone know how to clear my com ports out. Every time I switch from Zadig to Alpha driver it keeps ahold of the old com port and uses a new one.
They don't show up in the Device manager not even when I unhide

Try this site: http://www.uwe-sieber.de/misc_tools_e.html
Name of the tool: COM Name Arbiter Setter -> half way down the site ...
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are you like these guys?
November 11, 2013, 09:32:47 AM
The compensation has been sent out to all groupbuy leaders. If you have a faulty unit you need to contact your groupbuy leader to go through the process of a replacment device.

Ok, thanks a lot, I'll contact Dabs.

Appreciate your help.

Smiley

Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
November 11, 2013, 09:18:47 AM
The compensation has been sent out to all groupbuy leaders. If you have a faulty unit you need to contact your groupbuy leader to go through the process of a replacment device.
Activity: 532
Are you like these guys?
November 11, 2013, 09:15:37 AM
Still haven't received compensation from julz. Not even a reply in his thread.

Yeah, it's time they got serious about the compensation. I bought twelve of them, one of them needs replaced or refunded as it only hashes at 0.5 GH/s, the other eleven did not make the advertised rate of 2.2-2.7 GH/s, they all perform at about 2.1 GH/s... and all twelve of them did not arrive on the 'first or second week of October', they arrived a month late.

Sad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
November 11, 2013, 09:09:33 AM
Still haven't received compensation from julz. Not even a reply in his thread.
Activity: 616
November 11, 2013, 08:44:51 AM
its going to be summer over here soon, I expect mine to fry Grin
Thanks again for your suggestion.  Here is the result after about 15 minutes

Clearly better than the 2.26 GH/sec that it was getting originally.

Cheers
November 11, 2013, 08:25:12 AM
Kabopar,

I found drawing a line along the side was easiest, one to two lines did it for me.

my initial scribbling over the top was not necessary :-)

i'd measure the resistance again after, I'd not let it go below 0.84.

you might need the eraser and a couple of attempts to get the right result.
Thanks for this suggestion, I just tried it and it does work, finally the resistance moved from 0.97K to 0.94K.  after 4 minutes I'm getting 2.40/2.38/2.33 (bfgminer 3.5.1), which is better than anything this BF produced before.  So far there is no noticeable heating, but it could be too early to tell.  (It's going to be summer here soon too, hopefully the bushfires will not be ignited by overheating BlueFuries...Smiley

Cheers
Activity: 59
November 11, 2013, 08:17:54 AM
I disagree in regard to running -S bigpic:all.  I am running my single BF with bfgminer 3.5.1, with the 'alfa driver' provided by Beastlymac, through a batch file called #MINE.bat on Win7 64, the content of this batch file is
bfgminer.exe -S bigpic:all -o [pool url] -u [user name] -p [password]

You can use -S bigpic:all as long as you don't also have USB Block Erupters.  As has been discussed before, using -S bigpic:all will screw up erupters, and using -S erupter:all will screw up BFs.

Thanks Norby! I was trying to say that. I hope everything worked out for you Lou!

BTW G'morning all

Hi,

I got the driver installed on Win8.1 but none of the Blue Fury's are showing up in bfgminer 3.5.1 on my PC or MinePeon 0.24rc2(with git pull). Does anyone know what commands I should use to get them all to show. I have 4 of them on 2 usb hubs(2 each hub). I have tried plugging into USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports and a no go for both. Anyone have any ideas? I would prefer to use them on Minepeon.

This is what i'm using below for Minepeon.

#!/bin/bash
sleep 10
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S bitfury:/dev/ttyACM0 -S bitfury:/dev/ttyACM1 -S bitfury:/dev/ttyACM3 -S bitfury:/dev/ttyAMA0 -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

This is the list of the devices listed using "ls /dev/tty*

http://i.imgur.com/ZHqSJN6.jpg

Thanks.
Try changing the bitfury to bigpic or bf1

How do you know which tty belongs to what miner?

Not sure about Arch but on Debian like systems

Code:
udevadm info --query=all -n /dev/ttyACM0 | grep ID_VENDOR

Just replace the ttyACM0 (above) with the device you need info on. Same goes for ttyUSB devices.

GNU/Linux Debian armhf on SoC. BFGMiner 3.5.1

Hi,

Still can't get it to work with the suggested settings. What versions of cgminer and bfgminer work with Bluefury's? Are they the same settings for both? Can someone assist me by entering the settings under each one if it is specific to that miner or if it is both the same put it under both. I am running Windows8.1x64. The driver for the miners have been installed and COM ports have been assigned.

cgminer = 3.8.0-3.8.1?

bfgminer = 3.5.0-3.5.1?

both = ?

Thanks.

For me Cgminer, but I'm running it on a rasberry pi (Unix based O/S)
Activity: 28
November 11, 2013, 07:58:37 AM
its going to be summer over here soon, I expect mine to fry Grin
November 11, 2013, 07:56:45 AM
Kabopar,

I found drawing a line along the side was easiest, one to two lines did it for me.

my initial scribbling over the top was not necessary :-)

i'd measure the resistance again after, I'd not let it go below 0.84.

you might need the eraser and a couple of attempts to get the right result.
November 11, 2013, 07:43:41 AM
FrontLineFodder,
I also measured 0.97K in circuit.  The surface of R15 on my BF is very smooth, and the HB lead simply doesn't stick to it, so it the resistance stays unchanged... I'll keep trying...
Your results are encouraging, even if you went a bit 'over', causing the heatsink to dislocate

Cheers
November 11, 2013, 06:02:35 AM
Pencil Mod development.

I modded a one of my other ones, from ~2.2Gh/s to 2.9Gh/s, it ran for about 12 hours before seeminly dropping off, got home and found it's heatsink was coming off  Grin  ( might replace it now, just apply heat Grin )

pencil mod, not very precise, don't push it too far. good thing is, you can use an eraser to undo it.

has anybody else taken a resistance measurement across R15 (in circuit) ? what do you get ? I saw 0.97Kohms before pencil modding, 0.87Kohms after, the one I took to 2.9Gh/s was around 0.84Kohms (too far).
Activity: 12
November 11, 2013, 03:12:42 AM
Recommended cgminer for bluefuries is 3.8.1. However windows 8.1 I have heard has lots of problems with usb devices.

Hi,

I also have a Raspberry Pi I am using with MinePeon software. I can't get that device to pick up the BlueFury's. Do you know if they are supported on there also? Which version? What commands are needed?

Thanks.
They should be working. I think Neil is currently working on compatability.

I haven't had any issues on my latest build of BFGMiner I made last thursday or the one I made previously and posted a download link/instructions for a few pages back on this thread. I've been gone a couple of days, so about to start checking what updates came out (if any) and make builds if needed. If you need help, let me know.

Hi,

I switched the USB hub out. It worked using these settings.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S bigpic:all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

cgminer will not see them at all.

To confirm will 4 BlueFury's work with a 2AMP usb hub? Can I put any more?

Now a second question. Why are the error rates so high?

Thanks.
November 11, 2013, 05:17:10 AM
Anyone know how to clear my com ports out. Every time I switch from Zadig to Alpha driver it keeps ahold of the old com port and uses a new one.

You could try the device manager cleanup instructions in https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/windows-many-usb-hubs-and-besfuries-clean-up-in-your-devices-manager-300638
It helped me with multiple Com port settings for BE's.

Cheers
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
November 11, 2013, 05:13:52 AM
what is the stock voltage being fed to the a sic?

maybe kinda working on custom fw as a side project

and what is this curious driver-BF2 in https://github.com/aauer1/bfgminer you posted O.o
That is our version of bfgminer 3.0.99

As for voltage I am not sure I will ask.
It is 0.8v
Activity: 728
Merit: 503
dApps Development Automation Platform
November 11, 2013, 04:09:35 AM

Pages:
Jump to: