Pages:
Author

Topic: Blue Fury Support Thread. - page 3. (Read 89535 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
January 22, 2014, 01:11:14 PM
I think it's important to use a classic/generic soft Pencil (strength HB) as opposed to some other "hard" types that would last much longer writing but won't give enough abrasion on the surface (thus not doing much for the desired function, especially since it's not paper in this case).

My first attempts were made with a too hard pencil and basically had almost no effect.
Then I overdid it using a classic soft HB grade pencil and my BlueFuries went to well beyond 3GHs which caused me to carefully undo and re-apply the pencil mod.

For now I'm running two at about 2.45Ghs and one at 2.8GHs with no unusual HW error rates or other malfunctions (have a big USB fan keeping them very cool).

I used a I think a HB pencil first, then re-did it using a 4B with a little bit of 6B on top of it. They seem to like the 4B pencil better. That's why I was asking if my USB hub could be the cause of not hitting numbers past 2.4 GHS.
Before I used the 4B I was getting about 2.3 and 2.2 GHS. With the 4B last night the most I got out of it is 2.46 and 2.33 GHS. That's with me watching and refreshing minepeon as I'm doing it. Could it be that minepeon doesn't have that most updated version of BFGMiner??? At this point I'm just happy that I was one of the few who just plugged in my Furies and they were up and running out of the box. I had to fiddle around a little bit to get the Antminer running right. It doesn't like going past x0981. I tired x0A81 but it wasn't going past 2.1 GHS and it had like 20% errors.
This is the hub I got.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/7-port-usb-hub/2389331.p;jsessionid=212795705A34E399957973495146587C.bbolsp-app02-132?id=1218324437376&skuId=2389331&st=powerd%20usb%20hub&cp=1&lp=13
Like I said, could that be the issue???
Thanks to everyone on here for the help!
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Sentinel
January 22, 2014, 12:34:02 PM
I think it's important to use a classic/generic soft Pencil (strength HB) as opposed to some other "hard" types that would last much longer writing but won't give enough abrasion on the surface (thus not doing much for the desired function, especially since it's not paper in this case).

My first attempts were made with a too hard pencil and basically had almost no effect.
Then I overdid it using a classic soft HB grade pencil and my BlueFuries went to well beyond 3GHs which caused me to carefully undo and re-apply the pencil mod.

For now I'm running two at about 2.45Ghs and one at 2.8GHs with no unusual HW error rates or other malfunctions (have a big USB fan keeping them very cool).
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
January 22, 2014, 10:35:09 AM
a little more pencil with a fan on them now..

http://i44.tinypic.com/2e2qlc4.png

Holy shnikes!!! Batman! Bitterdog how in the name of Hades did you get them to 3GHS?
I have two Blue Furys that I can only get a little over 2.4-ish GHS out one and 2.2-ish out of the other. That's with the pencil mod and a fan on them. I'm using a BFGMiner 3.4.0 on a Pi and a powered Belkin 7 port USB Hub that I got form bestbuy. Could that be it??? I got an Antminer that I got overclocked using x0981 and it's hashing just under what my Furys are hashing at with 0% errors. The Antminer is hashing at about 2.1 GHS. Which I think is AWESOME! The Furys are getting about 3%-6% error rate. Which sounds like that's the norm for them.
Thanks!
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are you like these guys?
January 14, 2014, 05:12:34 PM

510mA plus 20 % for the hub = allow for 620mA per stick at stock speed of  2.33Gh

Ok, great, this is the information I was looking for, thanks very much. Although it's not exactly what I wanted to hear as I don't think I should add any more usbs as I'm probably right on the borderline of maximum safe power consumption already.

Really appreciate your help.

Smiley
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
January 14, 2014, 11:01:32 AM
I have a couple of spare slots on my usb hubs and I was wondering whether I have enough power in the new psu's I bought to run some more miners. I recall people on this thread saying that the Blue Furies are power hungry and I've found that out the hard way as they've already burnt out the original psu's supplied with the hubs. Therefore the question I'd like to ask is:

Does anyone have an exact amp draw figure that each Blue Fury uses please?

My feeling is that each Blue Fury draws in excess of the supposed 0.5A, but does anyone have an idea what a likely more accurate figure would be?

Thanks for any help you're able to offer.

Smiley

I have:-
 1 TwinFury
10 Blue/GreenFury

Gives me 28.5Gh drawing 35watts at 5volts

The blues average 2.55watts at 5volts  2.33Gh
The twin is drawing 9.6watts at 5volts  5.2Gh

Thanks a lot, that's very helpful, much appreciated.

Any idea how many amps each Blue Fury chews through at optimum power?

510mA plus 20 % for the hub = allow for 620mA per stick at stock speed of  2.33Gh
Are you like these guys?
January 14, 2014, 09:11:03 AM
I have a couple of spare slots on my usb hubs and I was wondering whether I have enough power in the new psu's I bought to run some more miners. I recall people on this thread saying that the Blue Furies are power hungry and I've found that out the hard way as they've already burnt out the original psu's supplied with the hubs. Therefore the question I'd like to ask is:

My feeling is that each Blue Fury draws in excess of the supposed 0.5A, but does anyone have an idea what a likely more accurate figure would be?

Smiley

1 TwinFury
10 Blue/GreenFury

Thanks a lot, that's very helpful, much appreciated.

Any idea how many amps each Blue Fury chews through at optimum power?

January 14, 2014, 06:14:29 AM

Smiley

1 TwinFury
10 Blue/GreenFury

Are you like these guys?
January 13, 2014, 08:54:38 PM

Smiley

Activity: 490
Merit: 501
January 12, 2014, 07:59:37 AM
ok back again guys....

so i thought i would try the red fury out on my pc as the mac was not playing ball...

i have read that you can run cgminer for the gpu (which i am)

and also bfgminer for the fury...

i have spent a few hours trying to set this up on my Ubuntu pc - i have followed the guide at the start of this post to the letter...

but the pc does not detect the device in the dev folder... i have scanned the folder many times to see something resembling the info in the initial howto guide.

so i am sat with cgminer hashing nicely in one terminal, and another terminal on the final command line from the guide, but without the info to type in as i cant see the device.... this is really frustrating!

it lights up when i plug it etc, so im guessing it works? 

any ideas???
have you tried running using sudo? also recent versions of cgminer don't support GPUs anymore.
Activity: 616
January 12, 2014, 03:21:57 AM
or if it is even possible to have two terminals of cgminer open -

one for the gpu, and one for the red fury.... this would be ideal - but i dont know if it is possible?

thanks in advance
You can run 2 (or more) instances of your favorite miner on Windows.  For example, if you want 2 instances of bfgminer, create 2 sub-directories such as
c:\temp\bfgminer_gpu
c:\temp\bfgminer_BF
download and copy the latest install of bfgminer into each one of these sub-directories.  Create a batch file (or short-cut) for each one of the instances. For the Bf devices run it with something like

bfgminer.exe -G -S bigpic:all -o your_pool  -p your_password

Note that for bfgminer you'll need to install the Com drivers as per the instructions in the OP (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/blue-fury-support-thread-319419.  If you want to run cgminer, you may follow a similar path, but make sure that you either install the USB drivers (using zadig utility) for cgminer OR the Com drivers that are required for bfgminer.  If you already installed the wrong one, you will need to go to Device Manager and modify the driver to the one suitable for your miner application.  You can run a combination of cgminer for some devices and bfgminer for others, as long as you assign each instance to the desired mining devices and have the appropriate drivers installed.  I am running now 4 instances, 2 of bfgminer, 2 of cgminer for 5 different USB controlled miners.

Good luck
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
January 02, 2014, 03:29:35 PM
or if it is even possible to have two terminals of cgminer open -

one for the gpu, and one for the red fury.... this would be ideal - but i dont know if it is possible?

thanks in advance
January 02, 2014, 03:03:16 PM
ok back again guys....

so i thought i would try the red fury out on my pc as the mac was not playing ball...

i have read that you can run cgminer for the gpu (which i am)

and also bfgminer for the fury...

i have spent a few hours trying to set this up on my Ubuntu pc - i have followed the guide at the start of this post to the letter...

but the pc does not detect the device in the dev folder... i have scanned the folder many times to see something resembling the info in the initial howto guide.

so i am sat with cgminer hashing nicely in one terminal, and another terminal on the final command line from the guide, but without the info to type in as i cant see the device.... this is really frustrating!

it lights up when i plug it etc, so im guessing it works? 

any ideas???
December 31, 2013, 02:35:45 PM
quick update - downloaded the bitminter client just to check if it would recognise the red fury....

NO devices detected again...

really pulling my hair out now

What about buying a RasPi, a Hub and then using MinePeon? It's a standalone solution and not that expensive. There You can configure any PoolYou like and mine.
I can't get the Furys to mine on my Mac too, but with the RasPi they're fine.

+1 for that, ......... I have 10 red/bluefury's and 1 twinfury on a Pi with minepeon, all settings are the basic default for minepeon.
Activity: 188
December 31, 2013, 02:32:00 PM
quick update - downloaded the bitminter client just to check if it would recognise the red fury....

What about buying a RasPi, a Hub and then using MinePeon? It's a standalone solution and not that expensive. There You can configure any PoolYou like and mine.

I second this solution for these USB miners... it's a no fuss solution.  It's also lower power so you can shut down your PC to save electricity.

They also work very well as a proxy for ASICMiner Cubes. 
Activity: 734
December 31, 2013, 02:11:01 PM

Activity: 66
Merit: 10
December 31, 2013, 11:05:05 AM
Here is a screenshot of my devices http://gyazo.com/7df4625971d58654187b04d32351b868 it does not say COM and a number under the BF1 how do I fix it, it is not showing up in bfgminer. What am I supposed to do with Zadig or whatever. Idk please help me.
Activity: 630
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
December 31, 2013, 10:18:01 AM

Could be a faulty unit try asking for a replacement.
December 31, 2013, 10:03:42 AM

Activity: 630
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
December 31, 2013, 09:51:20 AM
thanks for the quick reply!

i have had a quick look at bitminter, but im not actually looking at mining bitcoin - im after zeta...

i have had a a short look and i can find if you can mine different coins...

without setting it all up, is it possible to mine different sha coin?

i will install just to see if it recognises the red fury though... beginning to think me and this piece of kit are not going to work out...

red fury + mac = HARD work

Yes you can mine all sha-256 coins. Try the guide in the second post. It should work as the red fury has the blue fury firmware installed on it.
December 31, 2013, 09:28:00 AM
thanks for the quick reply!

i have had a quick look at bitminter, but im not actually looking at mining bitcoin - im after zeta...

i have had a a short look and i can find if you can mine different coins...

without setting it all up, is it possible to mine different sha coin?

i will install just to see if it recognises the red fury though... beginning to think me and this piece of kit are not going to work out...

red fury + mac = HARD work

Pages:
Jump to: