Pages:
Author

Topic: Blue Fury Support Thread. - page 6. (Read 89535 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
December 16, 2013, 05:53:14 AM

Hi Beastlymac
Please can you tell me the grade of thermal tape you used for the Bluefury heatsink mounting?
I will try and find out tomorrow for you.
0.95 thermal conductivity. -30 degrees to 120 degrees.

Hi Beastlymac
Thanks for the info. I have a cooling fan to mount on one of these fury's (found one with the same hole pitch, £1.64 including delivery) then I just need some mounting  tape.
Overclocking for Christmas. (more fun than a turkey)
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
December 16, 2013, 12:00:50 AM
Hi Beastlymac
Please can you tell me the grade of thermal tape you used for the Bluefury heatsink mounting?
0.95 thermal conductivity. -30 degrees to 120 degrees.

Sure. Although i would recommend if someone has a faulty unit that is unmodified for them to contact us about getting a replacement. Once units have been modded we can't offer replacements.

Hi BeastlyMac

I sent a faulty unit to Julz which he received on 22/Nov and I haven't heard anything back, were these being replaced or credited? This was not modified at all (not even Pencil Mod). Thanks.

Bump, Update please Julz or Beastly? Thanks.

Please contact me via pm with the issues the device is having.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
December 15, 2013, 09:53:20 PM

Sure. Although i would recommend if someone has a faulty unit that is unmodified for them to contact us about getting a replacement. Once units have been modded we can't offer replacements.

Hi BeastlyMac

I sent a faulty unit to Julz which he received on 22/Nov and I haven't heard anything back, were these being replaced or credited? This was not modified at all (not even Pencil Mod). Thanks.

Bump, Update please Julz or Beastly? Thanks.
Activity: 3
December 13, 2013, 03:18:43 PM
Now that I have posting ability here, I can link to this. I created a signed driver for the bitfury device. If you're on Windows 8 and don't want to have to disable driver signing enforcement every boot, you may use it. Instructions are here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3930046
December 13, 2013, 01:45:13 PM
Hi Beastlymac
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
December 13, 2013, 01:29:36 PM
Hi Beastlymac
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Sentinel
December 12, 2013, 05:45:07 PM
Hm, I can only tell you how I got mine to work (WinXP though) :

- plug one of them in USB Hub
- wait for Windows to install the (wrong) default Driver
- I used Zadig WinUSB Utility to conviniently install proper WinUSB driver
- after plugging out and back in, cgminer 3.8.4 recognized the device immediately

I did have some troubles IMHO with the USB power supply though, plugging in several BFs in too quick succession (one after the other) caused several errors and some or all devices were not properly recognized.
Also, after plugging in one with 3 already installed & running, it caused one or more others to drop offline or go into Zombie status.

Solved it by having them all installed already, then powering on the USB Hub (while cgminer running and waiting for devices to load with work).
So in short, in case of problems it seems best to get one single USB ASIC up & working alone first, only after that try it with all USB devices plugged.

(at least that worked for me)
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
December 12, 2013, 04:33:34 PM
Not having user privileges sounds like you may have to launch bfgminer as Administrator (just guessing) ?

I don't get the same problem with BEs.

EDIT: a bit of the log:

[2013-12-12 21:35:24] Started bfgminer 3.8.1
 [2013-12-12 21:35:25] Failed to open Device Parameters registry key in lowl-vcom.c _vcom_devinfo_scan_windows__hubport():436: The system cannot find the
file specified.
 [2013-12-12 21:35:25] Do not have user privileges required to open \\.\COM4
 [2013-12-12 21:35:25] Do not have user privileges required to open \\.\COM4
 [2013-12-12 21:35:25] No devices detected!

EDIT 2: Might be a Win 7 issue. I've now gone through the same steps on a Vista 64-bit machine, and there 32-bit version of bfgminer 3.8.1 starts hashing on BPM0

EDIT 3: Definitely something off with this particular machine. It got detected fine on another Win7 (on the second try, after pressing reset on each device).

Sentinel
December 12, 2013, 04:29:02 PM
Not having user privileges sounds like you may have to launch bfgminer as Administrator (just guessing) ?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
December 12, 2013, 04:22:39 PM
I received my BlueFuries today, before that, in my absence, they were hosted by ssinc. I am a bit stumped as to how to make them work.

My system is Win 7 64 bit.

Downloaded driver from the second post of this thread.

Plugged in one BF -> orange light and unidentified "Other device" in Device Manager

Updated the driver from the Device manager -> it is now identified as "Bitfury BF1 USB Miner (COM4)" and the LED shines red.

Driver version is "10.0.0.0", date "01.07.2012"

Run bfgminer ver 3.8.1 (latest) with

-S opencl:noauto -S bigpic:all

and get:

"Do not have user privileges required to open \\.\COM4"

Tried both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of bfgminer with the same result and ultimately "No devices found"

So, the questions are:
- Do I have the latest driver and if not, where do I get it?
- What else do I need to make bfgminer recognise BF1s?
Activity: 51
December 11, 2013, 06:41:08 PM
HI @all Windows 8 Users .. those command line didnt work for me here .. so i decided to give you th elink to the howto that worked for me.

http://www.deskmodder.de/wiki/index.php/Digital_unsignierte_Treiber_installieren_-_Windows_8

it is in german sorry ..

After this my nanofurys and bluefurys work all on the same pc and the pi is obsolete as long as the nano's didnt work with the pi ..
Activity: 18
December 11, 2013, 05:16:42 PM
Windows 7 x64 and getting this problem any ideas how to solve this.
You need to disable driver signing Windows security feature.
In elevated (as administrator) command prompt type commands:
Code:
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON
to return enforcement back:
Code:
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

HTH!

UPD: DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS not DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
UPD2: Either not needed in Windows 7 http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/how-to-i-turn-off-digital-signature/a7047647-bf29-468f-a885-8e23d60f3daa
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
December 11, 2013, 03:56:53 PM
The heatsink on the BlueFury is a bit feeble.  I replaced mine with the heatsink off an old dead Matrox G450, stuck on with 3M double sided thermal tape.  Now runs without fan cooling @ 2.7GH.

Since mine all run at low temperatures (well cooled) but only @ ~2.1GH, how did you get yours to run @ 2.7 ?

most probably a pencil mod. it involves a pencil and rubbing it along the side of a resistor. if you dig back a few pages there should be a detailed tut
Sentinel
December 11, 2013, 01:36:20 PM
The heatsink on the BlueFury is a bit feeble.  I replaced mine with the heatsink off an old dead Matrox G450, stuck on with 3M double sided thermal tape.  Now runs without fan cooling @ 2.7GH.

Since mine all run at low temperatures (well cooled) but only @ ~2.1GH, how did you get yours to run @ 2.7 ?
Activity: 1246
December 11, 2013, 05:05:49 AM
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
December 10, 2013, 05:18:44 PM
Could somebody post the Blue Fury's width and thickness?  Would be helpful to check hub compatibility before they arrive.

Not sure if this is still relevant.  I skimmed through and couldn't see an answer.

These are my measurements.  (not including usb jack)

ie: i left it plugged in while I measured it,  (too tight to stop mining for a couple of minutes  Tongue)

65mm x 30mm x 11mm

Im in UK so I use metric

for Inches (using converter)

2.56 x 1.18 x 0.43
Activity: 39
December 10, 2013, 12:29:42 AM

Hi BeastlyMac

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
December 09, 2013, 09:48:31 PM
got problems installing drivers to get blue furys working again

getting to this step red box comes up to install driver etc i lick on install anyway and says error has happened and does not install

8 ) Select Install and it will give you a warning that the driver is NOT SIGNED. Press okay. i do this and says unable to install. DO i need to disable driver signature enforcement ?

If you are on windows 8. Yes.

Windows 7 x64 and getting this problem any ideas how to solve this.
December 09, 2013, 09:35:11 PM

getting to this step red box comes up to install driver etc i lick on install anyway and says error has happened and does not install

8 ) Select Install and it will give you a warning that the driver is NOT SIGNED. Press okay. i do this and says unable to install. DO i need to disable driver signature enforcement ?

If you are on windows 8. Yes.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
December 09, 2013, 09:23:41 PM

Pages:
Jump to: