Pages:
Author

Topic: Blue Fury Support Thread. - page 8. (Read 89535 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
December 04, 2013, 09:56:00 PM

Hi, I have a red fury which I can't get it to work and I hope someone can give me some help. I plug in the usb and windows 7 was able to detect it. However, the LED does not light up. I proceed to install the driver following the tutorial and used 3.8.0 bfgminer to run it, but it is not working at all. I l have reset the device via its reset button and restart my comp as well. But it still does not work. I suspected the firmware need to be reflash. Is the bluefury firmware usable for red fury too? Windows can detect the device but LED still not light up.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
December 04, 2013, 06:39:35 PM
 I have a higher end diy pc.  with a specialty cpu from intel  a quad core i7 3770t 

A what now?  Huh

exactly my thoughts. i almost have one of these running on freescale's MQX RTOS on a lowly cortex M4 devboard. so there is no need for some huge cpu not even using one just an mcu
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
December 04, 2013, 07:09:31 AM
 I have a higher end diy pc.  with a specialty cpu from intel  a quad core i7 3770t 

A what now?  Huh
legendary
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8049
'The right to privacy matters'
December 04, 2013, 06:52:52 AM
hi guys, i bought a usb hub for my 2 red fury miners and while running for a few mins they are declared sick then dead... but they are fine when i plug them back into regular usb slots and mine wout the hub. id rather use the hub as the miners block access to other ports. any hints anyone?
cant find similar posts on this here, sorry for repeat post if it was addressed already.
cheers
What sort of hub did you try?  You need to have a powered hub with sufficient current capacity for your miners.  You'd do better if you avoid connecting fans or other gadgets to ports close to your Red Furies.  It should be a USB 2 hub, not USB 3.  There is a thread somewhere on this site with a list of 'good' and 'bad' hubs for Block Erupters, which should probably apply also to RF's.  Check that you see the devices in Device Manager if you use Windows.  Make sure that they are detected with the correct driver assigned if you played with cgminer and bfgminer.  My BF/RF's are using a very cheap 10 port USB2 hub with an alternative plug pack that delivers 4A instead of the original.  The coexist with a bunch of other USB miners, some using bfgminer and some cgminer.

Cheers

you can use a usb 3 or usb 2 hub.   My 3 work fine with usb 3. A lot depends on if you use a pc or a raspberry pi.   I have a higher end diy pc.  with a specialty cpu from intel  a quad core i7 3770t  and a better motherboard an asrock z77 its-e.  I use an aitech 10 port aluminum hub with a mean well  12 volt 6amp power source I adjusted the power to the hub to 12.9 volts and my 3 sticks run well. one runs at 2.82 the second at 2.53 the third at 2.23

the lowest one has signs of bad solder work and started at 1.5 after the pencil mod it is 2.23

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
December 04, 2013, 05:26:11 AM
hi guys, i bought a usb hub for my 2 red fury miners and while running for a few mins they are declared sick then dead... but they are fine when i plug them back into regular usb slots and mine wout the hub. id rather use the hub as the miners block access to other ports. any hints anyone?
cant find similar posts on this here, sorry for repeat post if it was addressed already.
cheers
What sort of hub did you try?  You need to have a powered hub with sufficient current capacity for your miners.  You'd do better if you avoid connecting fans or other gadgets to ports close to your Red Furies.  It should be a USB 2 hub, not USB 3.  There is a thread somewhere on this site with a list of 'good' and 'bad' hubs for Block Erupters, which should probably apply also to RF's.  Check that you see the devices in Device Manager if you use Windows.  Make sure that they are detected with the correct driver assigned if you played with cgminer and bfgminer.  My BF/RF's are using a very cheap 10 port USB2 hub with an alternative plug pack that delivers 4A instead of the original.  The coexist with a bunch of other USB miners, some using bfgminer and some cgminer.

Cheers
Activity: 728
Merit: 503
dApps Development Automation Platform
December 03, 2013, 07:12:35 PM
I would need to hire a elf to try and solder something that small
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
December 03, 2013, 06:20:58 PM

Blue LED Blue Fury

- Actually the far left LED is blue, the right LED is red... using 2x 0805 LED's (blue & red).
(Typically the left LED would be red and the right LED would be orange).

(and yea, I did more than one, I was originally going to do this, but then got busy with some other things, did the one and well, started doing them all... I like the color blue... lol  Cheesy)

how in the hell do you solder something that small? My eyes can barely see them.

these aren't even the small ones  Cheesy
Activity: 728
Merit: 503
dApps Development Automation Platform
December 03, 2013, 03:41:27 PM

Blue LED Blue Fury

- Actually the far left LED is blue, the right LED is red... using 2x 0805 LED's (blue & red).

(and yea, I did more than one, I was originally going to do this, but then got busy with some other things, did the one and well, started doing them all... I like the color blue... lol  Cheesy)

how in the hell do you solder something that small? My eyes can barely see them.
Activity: 409
Merit: 251
Crypt'n Since 2011
December 03, 2013, 03:32:51 PM

To my knowledge everyone who has contacted the resellers in regards to faulty miners have either been replaced or are in the process of being replaced. Faulty units are handled through resellers not directly with us. In regards to the look of the item can you please send me a photo as what you have described is disturbing. We only have 30-35 faulty units out of the 1800 we shipped so that isn't to bad.

Ssinc said he is waiting on replacement miners.
December 03, 2013, 12:16:23 AM

Blue LED Blue Fury

December 02, 2013, 09:54:30 PM
Beastlymac can you give me the specs for the LED so i can make a replacement? Thank you.

It's a 3528 SMD Bi-color LED (Red/Orange)

Similar parts would be:

Part No# AAA3528QWDSURKS (Red/White Bi-color)
Part No# AAA3528QWDCGKS (Green/White Bi-color)
Part No# AAA3528QWDSYKS (Yellow/White Bi-color)

Or you could just use two 0805 or 1206 LED's of the color of your choice.

The one LED is actually two LED's in a housing...

Give me a sec, I'll solder two on a stick to show you.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
December 02, 2013, 08:18:40 PM
cheers
Not enough power.
Activity: 397
Merit: 350
December 02, 2013, 08:11:59 PM
cheers

Probably overheating. got enough cooling on it?
December 02, 2013, 08:11:31 PM
Beastlymac can you give me the specs for the LED so i can make a replacement? Thank you.
Activity: 448
December 02, 2013, 08:11:14 PM
cheers
December 02, 2013, 10:42:37 AM

To my knowledge everyone who has contacted the resellers in regards to faulty miners have either been replaced or are in the process of being replaced. Faulty units are handled through resellers not directly with us. In regards to the look of the item can you please send me a photo as what you have described is disturbing. We only have 30-35 faulty units out of the 1800 we shipped so that isn't to bad.

Well, no, I can't send you a photo as it was sent back to OutCast3k, sorry.  No doubt you'll see it when you get it back.  It's the one with all the legs on one side of the chip bridged with some horrible looking soldering.  My other one has a few legs bridged, but they look to be ground or power plane, so it seems to be working OK.

Last I heard from OC3k he didn't know anything about the replacements being shipped to him...perhaps someone should contact him and let him know what's happening?

Thanks for the reply anyway, it puts my mind at ease that something is happening.
Activity: 630
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
December 02, 2013, 09:28:26 AM
So as this is the BlueFury support thread...

When are you going to replace the faulty miners?  Its been weeks now.  

Is there going to be compensation for time lost while you guys are dicking about not replacing faulty miners?

These things were not cheap, delayed, and obviously never Quality Controlled, mine looked like it had been soldered by a paraplegic elephant using a rusty nail heated by a burning stick.  Roll Eyes

December 02, 2013, 07:42:46 AM
So as this is the BlueFury support thread...

When are you going to replace the faulty miners?  Its been weeks now. 

Is there going to be compensation for time lost while you guys are dicking about not replacing faulty miners?

These things were not cheap, delayed, and obviously never Quality Controlled, mine looked like it had been soldered by a paraplegic elephant using a rusty nail heated by a burning stick.  Roll Eyes
December 01, 2013, 09:43:34 PM
so this one here will not work? or will it just go on off instead of bi color.
December 01, 2013, 07:28:08 AM

after doing resistor replacement on some Redfury we got much better results. Our LED is dead though. can we replace it with this LED?

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-Semiconductors/VLMU3100-GS08/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMseGfSY3csMkYgo5%252bcMh6E1qhMmi4acMxk%3d

That looks like a single LED in a large housing, you would want a bi-color LED or technically you could replace it with two 0805 LED's, as there are 4 connections for the LED (pos/neg for red, pos/neg for orange).
Pages:
Jump to: