Pages:
Author

Topic: [ Bonus PPS Pool - 130% PPS - OPEN ] - page 24. (Read 94008 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
June 17, 2012, 08:23:12 AM
still a lot of stale shares

I can see it is alot lower than the previous 5%, most users sit between 1-3% since new payment cycle. Im struggling with the same issues alot of others pools experience regarding the high TX's caused by satoshidice. Atleast thats the theory for the high rejects at LP's, it does seem better for now though just not perfect.

Still my goal is obviously to get it back to <1% since if the network performance right there is no reason why it shouldnt. If all fails and I simply cant get it <1% for whatever reason I will figure out how to adjust payment along with also paying for stales.
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
#RIP freemoney
June 17, 2012, 08:00:30 AM
still a lot of stale shares
June 16, 2012, 01:03:01 PM
CGMINER NOTICE:

Ive noticed alot of people likely remain at their backup pool due to the recent pool issues after failing a couple of times. Please read OP or make sure cgminer is running with --no-pool-disable so that when it fails it doesnt eventually get permanently disabled.
June 16, 2012, 09:31:42 AM
Script Kiddies, Punching out an old lady and taking her purse is easier then this...... Go do that......

But the old lady have a chance to fight back Wink

Clearly they aint got the balls to be brave enough to make it a fair fight.

LOL...... Fair fight with a 90year old.. :0 Smiley

Well this lady would say its fair: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2PlcyteQi0  Cheesy

I do find it funny that the guy with camera did jackshit until the old lady/rest of people rushed in afterwards.
Activity: 1078
June 16, 2012, 09:24:35 AM
Script Kiddies, Punching out an old lady and taking her purse is easier then this...... Go do that......

LOL...... Fair fight with a 90year old.. :0 Smiley
June 16, 2012, 09:20:25 AM

June 16, 2012, 09:09:07 AM
June 16, 2012, 09:04:10 AM
"ttacks may hit again tomorrow.  Make sure your mining clients have backup servers set.  If the attacks continue, I will be setting up private servers which are not linked back by DNS or even with the same datacenter.  I'll post instructions on how to request access to the private servers if the attacks continue beyond the weekend."

I read this on guilds thread....

Still having problems?

I woke up this morning and it was on my backup pool...... Half anyway Tongue

Im going to take a similar approach if it actually start to prolong but its ok for now.

June 16, 2012, 09:01:19 AM
"ttacks may hit again tomorrow.  Make sure your mining clients have backup servers set.  If the attacks continue, I will be setting up private servers which are not linked back by DNS or even with the same datacenter.  I'll post instructions on how to request access to the private servers if the attacks continue beyond the weekend."

I read this on guilds thread....

Still having problems?

I woke up this morning and it was on my backup pool...... Half anyway Tongue
June 15, 2012, 09:35:12 PM
Good to hear... Things seem to be running fine..
June 16, 2012, 08:45:09 AM
Their parents will spank them and make them do chores....... or they wont get their reefer money....
June 16, 2012, 08:16:20 AM
When I woke up some of my miners were still hashing away at their backup pools, so everyone check your miners to see if they got re-directed to Clipse

Provided you use CGMiner of course  Wink

Ok was down for few minutes, another short DDOS but directed at other parts of the datacentre which affected the network for a bit.

It seems the DOSSers target alot more than just bitcoin right now.

Most of the wockiness that you will experience until this is over with most pools will be related to these "scrypt kydeez" , they will get bored soon.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
June 16, 2012, 08:11:02 AM
When I woke up some of my miners were still hashing away at their backup pools, so everyone check your miners to see if they got re-directed to Clipse

Provided you use CGMiner of course  Wink
June 15, 2012, 05:25:49 PM
I am mining...... seems fine...
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
June 16, 2012, 08:10:40 AM
Just ddos back Undecided
June 15, 2012, 09:41:53 PM
Good to hear... Things seem to be running fine..

Im off to bed now, just did one more reset for good measure/clean calcs for when I wake up, crossing fingers ;P
June 15, 2012, 06:06:19 PM
Great!!

Too bad my miners are down for tweaking   Roll Eyes , last card came in and there are some little piddly problems to resolve.

From the note and the "ransom" I can almost guarantee this was a script kiddy.

I cannot tell you how much I have come to loath these vermin.After years of education including security and "hacking" classes, I have come to the conclusion that they are akin to the spoiled kid, spray painting on the wall. Causing a large amount of ruckus and senseless damage in most cases for no gain (The professionals step in and end it quickly, as demonstrated by your data center) other than some "rep" with there fellow vermin.

Real professional hacking is an art form, and one will rarely see, as the point is to be as quiet as possible. No "ransoms" in "leet"speak, but a quiet graceful entrance into a system, gather the data wanted and a traceless exit out.

Anyway, I am getting way off topic

Hopefully the data center will be encouraged enough to back trace the idiot, it can be difficult, but not impossible.Looking at the "ransom" note however leads me to believe this was probably a very clumsy and messy attack, more than likely easier to trace then some of the more "experienced" script kiddies.

Well I made them aware and they are really responsive to these things so as soon as they hit again they will be on watch.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
June 15, 2012, 06:01:46 PM
Great!!

Too bad my miners are down for tweaking   Roll Eyes , last card came in and there are some little piddly problems to resolve.

From the note and the "ransom" I can almost guarantee this was a script kiddy.

I cannot tell you how much I have come to loath these vermin.After years of education including security and "hacking" classes, I have come to the conclusion that they are akin to the spoiled kid, spray painting on the wall. Causing a large amount of ruckus and senseless damage in most cases for no gain (The professionals step in and end it quickly, as demonstrated by your data center) other than some "rep" with there fellow vermin.

Real professional hacking is an art form, and one will rarely see, as the point is to be as quiet as possible. No "ransoms" in "leet"speak, but a quiet graceful entrance into a system, gather the data wanted and a traceless exit out.

Anyway, I am getting way off topic

Hopefully the data center will be encouraged enough to back trace the idiot, it can be difficult, but not impossible.Looking at the "ransom" note however leads me to believe this was probably a very clumsy and messy attack, more than likely easier to trace then some of the more "experienced" script kiddies.

June 15, 2012, 05:58:01 PM
Well apparently much more shit is going down, Im 100% sure this is some long time forum member and funny enough seems to know alot about me.

so you happy now that they stop the ddos? they not stop anything man.

we have bigger fish to fry deepbit and the guild.

let see how happy you bee when they get hit with 300gbps in middle of nite and how ur DC handle dat man!

send 50 BTC to 135iBDVztBFBbyWEvscHpTB65D7uMeoXTe NOW or else ...

and we back down you have our word.

you know you can affords it mr pool hoppa!!

we no fools man!

To mr.Knowitall, I dont have endless BTC and would rather send some to /dev/null than to you. If you dont get it yet, if you DDOS me it is just wasting my time, my miners will just go to their backup pools. Im not losing money out of it nor at the moment gaining any by having miners, I am still building this up from the ground.

How about this brave little man, post in this forum who you really are and make this a fair battle or is your cock not big enough for that ?
June 15, 2012, 05:22:23 PM
What has your ISP/Hosting/server service done to correct this?

In reality they are the entities that should be dealing with this type of issue.

I do not know your setup, but you really need to get on the case of someone upstream from you, they can deal with the issue much more effectively than you can.

On a personal note, do not give this ASS anything, it will only encourage them and there is nothing stopping them from repeating this action over and over.

Your loyal miners will understand, and we all have backup pools.

I know I will point my miners right back to you, as soon as you give the word. (If they are not down for some tweaking...LOL)

My datacentre resolved it within 20minutes, I think thats damn good Smiley

I had no problem resolving it, was just a short wait but figured Id let ppl know here immediately as it started to go into effect.
Pages:
Jump to: