Pages:
Author

Topic: [ Bonus PPS Pool - 130% PPS - OPEN ] - page 19. (Read 94008 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
June 22, 2012, 06:36:12 AM
I send in stales/rejects... Has been working fine. under 1% Smiley
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
June 21, 2012, 08:46:56 PM
Just something to remember when using cgminer make use of the following launch switches by using phatk for 5xxx/6xxx cards and diakgcn for 7xxx cards, cgminer -k phatk/or diakgcn --no-submit-stale --no-pool-disable
You know I think your users would be unhappy if there was a problem on your pool again and they started getting infinite rejects and cgminer didn't disconnect them. That's why that feature is there in cgminer in the first place. Plus the code to try to reconnect afterwards has been upgraded so there's a chance it may work by now. To me it would seem more important to the miners that they were hashing sensibly rather than staying connected 100% to your pool.

Fair enough, I have however been testing by forcing multiple times killing the pool and at worse it would spam a few rejects and either drop for backup pool or reconnect to bonuspool. Ive not noticed a single instance since the recent updates where it would just continually hang with neverending reject spamming.

There is however alot of instances with some users where they manage a large farm and bonuspool on only a few of their rigs remain disabled indefinitely, did you add code that would automaticly re-active disabled pools perhaps ? If you do have such code in cgminer then it would obviously remain beneficial for everyone not to add the --no-pool-disable line.
As said above in red. But it has not been tested, or if it has, it's done it without anyone even knowing it.
Activity: 504
June 21, 2012, 08:33:43 PM
Just something to remember when using cgminer make use of the following launch switches by using phatk for 5xxx/6xxx cards and diakgcn for 7xxx cards, cgminer -k phatk/or diakgcn --no-submit-stale --no-pool-disable
You know I think your users would be unhappy if there was a problem on your pool again and they started getting infinite rejects and cgminer didn't disconnect them. That's why that feature is there in cgminer in the first place. Plus the code to try to reconnect afterwards has been upgraded so there's a chance it may work by now. To me it would seem more important to the miners that they were hashing sensibly rather than staying connected 100% to your pool.

Fair enough, I have however been testing by forcing multiple times killing the pool and at worse it would spam a few rejects and either drop for backup pool or reconnect to bonuspool. Ive not noticed a single instance since the recent updates where it would just continually hang with neverending reject spamming.

There is however alot of instances with some users where they manage a large farm and bonuspool on only a few of their rigs remain disabled indefinitely, did you add code that would automaticly re-active disabled pools perhaps ? If you do have such code in cgminer then it would obviously remain beneficial for everyone not to add the --no-pool-disable line.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
June 21, 2012, 08:30:39 PM
June 21, 2012, 08:29:42 PM
NOTICE TO GPUMAX/BACKUP ONLY USERS:

I am only accepting dedicated miners from now on for the waitinglist so if you are interested in using signing up to use Bonuspool as your backup pool then you dont have to bother signing up at all right now.

Also if there is no spots available I will start pruning GPUMAX/Backup users from the pool first in order to make room for dedicated miners.

GPUMAX/Backup users, changes will be announced soon either before this coming Sunday otherwise before next week Wednesday regarding the future of Bonuspool for you, stay tuned to this thread as I will only make the announcement here. Our dedicated miners have grown large enough to maintain Bonuspool for now and I wish to give them priority/peak performance at all time.
June 21, 2012, 08:24:40 PM
Yeah, I have a working cgminer installed as well as Phoenix2.  I get 10% high hash rate with Phoenix2 though.  So, cgminer is definitely my last resort.

Which kernel do you use in cgminer and phoenix2 ? I used to run poclbm+phatk2 / phoenix2 + phatk2 and my cgminer setup is on par if not faster than the old setup.

Also make sure its not an old cgminer version in case you havnt updated, alot of updates happened recently.

Lastly, try increase you getwork queue size for phoenix2 from its default value by 1 and see if that works better.

Thanks for the ideas.  I'm going to give it a shot later tonight.  I have to go help my sister-in-law move.  Oh how I wish that mining software could be a priority over helping her move. Smiley

Hehe np

Just something to remember when using cgminer make use of the following launch switches by using phatk for 5xxx/6xxx cards and diakgcn for 7xxx cards, cgminer -k phatk/or diakgcn --no-submit-stale --no-pool-disable  then the rest of the stuff you can enter once as it prompts then in the gui simply goto pool management to configure the backup pools then to settings and write the config, next time you simply need to run cgminer without any extra switches.

If you knew all that, ignore what I said. Smiley
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
June 21, 2012, 08:19:43 PM
Yeah, I have a working cgminer installed as well as Phoenix2.  I get 10% high hash rate with Phoenix2 though.  So, cgminer is definitely my last resort.

Which kernel do you use in cgminer and phoenix2 ? I used to run poclbm+phatk2 / phoenix2 + phatk2 and my cgminer setup is on par if not faster than the old setup.

Also make sure its not an old cgminer version in case you havnt updated, alot of updates happened recently.

Lastly, try increase you getwork queue size for phoenix2 from its default value by 1 and see if that works better.

Thanks for the ideas.  I'm going to give it a shot later tonight.  I have to go help my sister-in-law move.  Oh how I wish that mining software could be a priority over helping her move. Smiley
June 21, 2012, 08:04:49 PM

June 21, 2012, 08:03:09 PM
Yeah, I have a working cgminer installed as well as Phoenix2.  I get 10% high hash rate with Phoenix2 though.  So, cgminer is definitely my last resort.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
June 21, 2012, 08:01:16 PM
I was reluctant to switch to cgminer, but i did.... Works perfect... Very easy to use Smiley
Grin
June 21, 2012, 07:57:28 PM
I was reluctant to switch to cgminer, but i did.... Works perfect... Very easy to use Smiley
June 21, 2012, 07:55:46 PM
Does anyone else here use Phoenix2?  I started mining here about 24 hours ago, and I'm having trouble with empty work queues.  Halp? Smiley

I'm going to give cgminer a shot and see how that goes.

Honestly ive had way too many issues with miners other than cgminer that I really dont want to worry about every single issue they have considering cgminer gives non of those issues, workqueue related issues would mean that you would probably have to increase your default queue size which cgminer seems to manage alot better on default queue of 1 than other miners.
June 21, 2012, 07:36:20 PM
Does anyone else here use Phoenix2?  I started mining here about 24 hours ago, and I'm having trouble with empty work queues.  Halp? Smiley

I'm going to give cgminer a shot and see how that goes.
June 21, 2012, 03:57:03 PM
Some progress, have LB running fine atm on my test setup and will keep monitoring over night. Dont want it to go AWOL in the meantime on live server.

Im leaving things as it is atm even if it might pop higher stales for now until I finish off the testing, I keep getting distracted on the running pool. Smiley
June 21, 2012, 02:34:00 PM
Ok I hope that was last reset for a while, scaling is causing alot of issues and LB isnt doing what its supposed to do, go figure.

Disabled the LB for now, it keeps sending work into a blackhole randomly, I will sort this out asap.
June 21, 2012, 02:10:09 PM
lol, ok good to know and thanks Clipse Cheesy

now I have to figure out what miner has this pool still left as a backup pool or something.

How are things in bonuspool land?

Strange that one of your miners would submit just 5 shares, are you sure you didnt manually connect just for a second.

Things are good, very active and resolved the most pressing issues. Now its balancing out load which will be no guessing game as the previous issues ended up being.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
June 21, 2012, 01:59:49 PM
lol, ok good to know and thanks Clipse Cheesy

now I have to figure out what miner has this pool still left as a backup pool or something.

How are things in bonuspool land?
June 21, 2012, 01:43:18 PM
That's a lot. Smiley
June 21, 2012, 01:37:07 PM
Yup

You seem to submit literally just a few, 5 shares, in the last payment cycle and obviously Im not holding onto it Wink
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
June 21, 2012, 01:22:15 PM
hmm I got a random payment of 0.0001737 for my address I used on this pool a while ago. Did it come from here?

AFAIK none of my miners have this pool anymore.
Pages:
Jump to: