Pages:
Author

Topic: [ Bonus PPS Pool - 130% PPS - OPEN ] - page 20. (Read 94008 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
June 21, 2012, 12:16:39 PM
Pretty soon everyone will have a 1 TH/s mega super dooper BFL SC ASIC running, so you will definitely need scalability !  Grin

I myself am going for the 1 PH/s solar powered washer/dryer

It gets the dirt out of your clothes while it mines Bitcoins... all eco-friendly of course (aside from the detergent that is)

If that happens and people with their 1TH/s farms(single units?) need a pool I would gladly keep the gpuminers and let those overlords do their own thing. Very little point to run a pool for 1TH/s individual users, atleast for the initial timeframe.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
June 21, 2012, 12:12:20 PM
Pretty soon everyone will have a 1 TH/s mega super dooper BFL SC ASIC running, so you will definitely need scalability !  Grin

I myself am going for the 1 PH/s solar powered washer/dryer

It gets the dirt out of your clothes while it mines Bitcoins... all eco-friendly of course (aside from the detergent that is)
June 21, 2012, 11:43:57 AM
There was a few server issues just now but should be under control now. This is due to influx of backup users and many of them jumped on with far more GH than they originally told me they would join with.

Part of why I need to move toward catering all my attention to the dedicated miners soon, its just too much hassle to get caught of guard like this.
So are these hiccups during normal operation when GPUMAX runs out of public work and all the GPUMAX users switch over to your pool until they can get their public work rates again?

The problems since a hour ago is exactly that, I tried to cater to them but it got out of hand so I will be putting a stop to it soon atleast in the sense that they wont be getting the same percentages as dedicated miners. The main culprit is that sometimes GPUMAX leasing stop and a bunch of the users jump on bonuspool with 2-3x more GH than they would mine with at a previous session thus making it absolutely impossible to accurate gauge the growth of pool nor stability/performance of pool.

The upside to having them is scalability testing that I can do right now for future expansion.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
June 21, 2012, 11:38:12 AM
There was a few server issues just now but should be under control now. This is due to influx of backup users and many of them jumped on with far more GH than they originally told me they would join with.

Part of why I need to move toward catering all my attention to the dedicated miners soon, its just too much hassle to get caught of guard like this.
So are these hiccups during normal operation when GPUMAX runs out of public work and all the GPUMAX users switch over to your pool until they can get their public work rates again?
June 21, 2012, 11:33:45 AM

June 21, 2012, 10:47:49 AM
I pretty much resolved the stale/reject issues and expect <1% stales from here on under normal conditions ie. if there is a network meltdown/DDOS somewhere etc. I seriously have no control over that Tongue

My stale rate went way down and is sitting around .7% now. Keep up the great work Clipse! We all appreciate it very much.

Yep it will be <0.5% for just about everyone with reliable connection and miners once I get done with isolating regular users, which remain the same or grow at predictable rate, from the Backup related users after the changes I will announce as soon as I have figured out the best approach. There may be a few bumps here and there every other block which will be a thing of the past pretty soon.

The improvements allmost went full circle, initially I thought it was just the pool sending work slow at LP's so I spend days figuring that out only to come to the conclusion its network related. So I resolved that with my own approach and now I actually need to provide for better scaling of extra users Tongue
Activity: 576
Merit: 500
June 21, 2012, 10:44:04 AM
I pretty much resolved the stale/reject issues and expect <1% stales from here on under normal conditions ie. if there is a network meltdown/DDOS somewhere etc. I seriously have no control over that Tongue

My stale rate went way down and is sitting around .7% now. Keep up the great work Clipse! We all appreciate it very much.
June 21, 2012, 10:17:12 AM
PAYMENTS PROCESSED:

All Pure PPS + Bonus PPS for 17 June 00:00:00 - 20 June 23:59:59 paid.

June 21, 2012, 07:25:01 AM
GPUMAX & BACKUP USERS UPDATE:

A few concerned users emailed me asking if I allready changed anything that would lower/penalise GPUMAX or backup only users, I will never make any changes from the specified earnings without giving users atleast notice in this thread before a new payment cycle begins. That said, nothing changed yet and when there is any changes you will be notified in this thread about any changes atleast 24hrs before a new payment cycle and I will also update the OP with any specific changes.
June 21, 2012, 06:34:02 AM
Its getting better, few more things I can adjust to lower stales after I am happy with the current stability.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
June 21, 2012, 06:02:56 AM
Great job Clipse! Rejects are down to 0.86% for me! Thanks for all your effort! Best. Pool. Ever.

Regards.
June 20, 2012, 06:02:58 PM
OK last few changes downtime then new payment cycle and see how few issues/or no issues we go through. Smiley

EDIT: allmost done looking over some of the new changes, all shares submitted atm is being logged and will be updated in a no more than an hour from now.

EDIT: Stats updated and running again, Im off to bed and will check in the morning what last few things I need to possibly fix then we should be good to go.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
June 20, 2012, 05:58:00 PM
Good to hear..... Thanks for your help earlier Smiley

Np, doing some last tiding up over the next 30mins pool might go up / down few times then im doing the payments and we will see with the new payment cycle how things fair this time around. Smiley

I have a good feeling about this.

I've got a feeling woohooo that this time's gonna be a good time... that this time's gonna be a good good time !!!  Grin
June 20, 2012, 05:28:35 PM

Np, doing some last tiding up over the next 30mins pool might go up / down few times then im doing the payments and we will see with the new payment cycle how things fair this time around. Smiley

I have a good feeling about this.
Activity: 1078
June 20, 2012, 05:24:50 PM
June 20, 2012, 04:02:16 PM
GENERAL UPDATE AND GPUMAX USERS:

GPUMAX users increase when GPUMAX stop leasing got completely out of control so if you are one of these users then either a.) Tell me if you plan to add more GH to your account and I will confirm if its OK, and b.) I will be making changes to PPS system soon which would minimally affect normal regular users but would have greater changes for GPUMAX backup mining users. Up till now I tried to balance the regular+backup specific users but its just not possible and things will change. In fact, regular miners will allways be given the best rates that I can possibly offer + some extras to follow.

So things are moving forward, hours spend on finding solutions wasnt a complete waste.

June 20, 2012, 12:20:04 PM
Few bumpy rides atm, it will stop pretty soon so dont be overly alarmed Smiley
June 20, 2012, 09:40:22 AM
Yeh this is tricky, but Im on the right track which will lead to solving this Smiley

Other than that the pool performance is definitely much better in the last few days so hopefully this solution will improve on that.
Activity: 1078
June 20, 2012, 09:36:17 AM
I noticed that, Stopped home for lunch Smiley
June 20, 2012, 09:16:49 AM
Woops I suck and obviously forget stuff in a haste, one more reset just now. o_0

Eitherway it will be very obvious if it works over the next couple of hours/blocks wether someone restart their miners or not Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: