Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounties are STUPID - page 30. (Read 4894 times)

copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 0
August 03, 2018, 09:41:59 AM
No you cannot say this, every bounty it may be 2% or may be less then 2% for bounty participants. It has many reason behind this , maximum bounty hunter you can see immediately sale that he earn through bounty very less people are here ,who save their coin or hold that coin for some time. It is one reason for allocation only 2% in bounty campaign because it effects the campaign at starting. So everyone has his own view of thinking at this.
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
August 03, 2018, 09:32:20 AM
What's the point in distributing 2% towards bounties??

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

Also the quality of the post is very low even for hero and "legendary" members.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.

I believe practice makes perfect. The practice of being spammer is hard to change when we will come up to the point of cleansing. We cannot blame the seniors even new members because it seems both did mistakes.
Activity: 89
August 03, 2018, 09:29:08 AM
I believe that 1-2% of tokens from a good project should not greatly affect the price. Only for bad projects the price falls dramatically after the distribution of bounty tokens.
Activity: 532
Merit: 14
August 03, 2018, 09:25:15 AM
Bounty is a very good way to promote a project, so it's not a stupid thing, but nowadays many of them are not profitable at all. Scam bounties gets launched everyday and hunters work for nothing.
Activity: 747
Merit: 101
August 03, 2018, 09:20:34 AM
it is more like a tradition to increase subscribers, build your community and make a hype. To be honest, without bounty no one would retweet tweets and subscribed and as long as other project have more subscribers, investors can simply skip this project with low audience.
agreed. also in many case, bounty participant itself become investor for their promoted project. and bitcointalk still a centre for crypto communities, so signature still very effective
Activity: 630
Merit: 104
August 03, 2018, 08:32:47 AM
Of course, 2% is not the highest percentage, but better than nothing. Why stupid? Bounty campaigns are good for both : bounty hunters and project owners. profitable. By the way what is the highest percent that a bounty campaign has offered?
Activity: 179
August 03, 2018, 08:29:32 AM
For my own opinion, not all bounties are stupid. Maybe you haved wrong timing abount picking bounty campaigns. I think some individuals says that bounties are stupid it is because they don't received any payments of the bounties they have joining due to unsuccessful project.
Activity: 181
Merit: 13
August 03, 2018, 08:23:15 AM
It depends project vise. Some projects give really good bounties and Airdrop and some are worth pennies only. Till now I have accumulated around 2.5ETH and I started ADs and Bounties since Mar 2018. So in 5 month time frame I have earned around 0.5ETH per month. It's neither good nor bad, I invested daily around 30mins or so and so it's fair as far as I'm concerned. If you want to get rich using bounties only, then it's not gonna happen anytime soon.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
August 03, 2018, 08:23:08 AM
What's the point in distributing 2% towards bounties??

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

Also the quality of the post is very low even for hero and "legendary" members.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.

There is no rule that says you have to have a bounty. If companies think they get no value then they would not do it. They could alternatively spend their own money publicising the ICO. The idea that 2% of the Tokens can toilet the coins post ICO is nonsense. If it is selling off post ICO the culprit is most likely those that got there tokens at a discount in the Pre ICO.
Activity: 196
August 03, 2018, 08:19:27 AM
I actually agree with you. But although, I hate bounty cheaters, I have made money from them through rightful ways of course
Activity: 98
August 03, 2018, 08:17:54 AM
The reasons you are giving for bounties being stupid is not strong. Not all hunters enjoy dumping their tokens after distribution. I am a hunter as well and I don't plan to my my tokens in case I receive. I believe in holding for it to grow.
Activity: 322
Merit: 15
August 03, 2018, 08:08:06 AM
Some of those "stupid bounties" are actually profitable if and only if the ICO launch is a success and of course I think the developers will increase the budget allotted depending on how successful the ICO is.
Activity: 280
Merit: 14
The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content
August 03, 2018, 06:49:02 AM
This is how this market works now. If absolutely everyone is holding a bounty, then it benefits the project.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
August 03, 2018, 06:37:50 AM
bounty is not stupid is to gather a lot of investors , create awareness for their project
Activity: 84
August 03, 2018, 05:44:32 AM
Well, I don't think bounties are that stupid. The owners of these crypto projects know about some of the problems /limitations you just mentioned, yet they choose to still give out 2%of their tokens for bounty. I believe all they need from bounty hunters is just to create awareness for their project, and you will agree with me that it is cheaper to use bounty hunters to do that than to use conventional advertisement medium. I can even see that you are a bounty hunter yourself, so I think what you should do is to give your best to any project you're promoting, that way, there'll be people like us who still do the expected with regards to promoting cryptocurrency projects.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 03, 2018, 05:38:37 AM
Bounties are one of the campaign strategies that takes a longer time for both the participants and the project owner and upon all only little of these bounties are worth it after participating in them. Not all is stupid but some are.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
we're Radio, online!
August 03, 2018, 05:33:27 AM
Currently, I increasingly notice that most projects do not organize a signature campaign, only participation in social networks. Probably they just like you do not see the point.

The number of bots and multi-accounts in social networks is much higher than in the signature companies. So I do not think that the reward there is higher. Although it is possible that a large number of retweets still play into the hands of the organizers. But the quality is still very low.
Activity: 89
August 03, 2018, 05:33:00 AM
Let's not be greedy about this, even though the allocation of bounties might be in small percentages, the number of tokens themselves given are usually much and enough to give you good earnings when the prices go up.
Activity: 147
August 03, 2018, 05:30:17 AM
although usually the total allocation for a bounty in an ico is only about an average of 1-5% but in my opinion it is more than enough, because there is also an allocation only that much but the total token allocated is very large, and that too is already profitable for the bounty hunters.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
August 03, 2018, 05:23:31 AM
Currently, I increasingly notice that most projects do not organize a signature campaign, only participation in social networks. Probably they just like you do not see the point.
Pages:
Jump to: