Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty for open source ByteCoin/Monero GUI - page 3. (Read 40736 times)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 943
I'd try it on my desktop PC but in the middle of a build right now waiting for parts so can't confirm. I didn't have this problem on 0.24 and below on the SP2 that's the only reason I'm mentioning it. Running  http://127.0.0.1:18081/save_bc returns....

{
  "status": "OK"
}

And there's over 50GB free on the drive and just under 3GB of free RAM if that helps you any

Please try Monero Client v0.28.1 which can be downloaded from here, and reverts the blockchain saving algorithm to a state when it was working for everyone. Hopefully, this will really work. Wink

Your fix works for me bud! Well done! Smiley
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
BTC for a better world
Client still crashes on my machine.  Windows 64bit.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0

Thank you for the crash logs! I finally have an idea why it happens (2 or 3 minutes) after startup: One of the recent versions introduced automatic blockchain saving through the RPC every 2 minutes, and that can take more than 30 seconds (which is the WebRequest timeout I was using). I have set the timeout to Timeout.Infinite, as local requests may take any seconds. The reason why I didn't encounter this issue is that I am using an SSD, thus, my read/write times are faster than in the case of HDDs. (Probably, that's the reason behind TheNobodies' server being able to handle the situation without crashing.)

Also, I made the blockchain save only every 5 minutes instead of 2, but the wallet will still save every 2 minutes (as that's a lightweight operation compared to storing the blockchain).

Don't spend too much time on it. This feature will probably be fixed or removed soon.

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/issues/50

It has already been resolved. The second picture is just a new feature for Timers, and it has been implemented too. By the way, the reason I don't yet use simplewallet is that rpcwallet is coming soon, and simplewallet's RPC functionality is not as extensive as the one in command line.

EDIT: I forgot to ask: How is your Qt project going? Wink What about the special wallet implementation? Shocked

It works well. I used it for weeks in replacement of simplewallet and it fits my needs without bugs. I mainly focused or code architecture in order to keep it flexible and future-proof.
However, I keep it for devs only until more Monero Core features are implemented. (I will try to participate).
If you want, you can try the version I use in my Windows 8 (x64) tests here :
http://toh.neozaru.info/toh/public/bitmonero-qt-0.0.1.zip

About the RPC-free wallet, compiling with it is a tedious task because required code is not part of official Monero repository. Thus, bitmonero-qt can still be used with simplewallet/RPC.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
BTC for a better world
Afrikaans translation done!
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
I'd try it on my desktop PC but in the middle of a build right now waiting for parts so can't confirm. I didn't have this problem on 0.24 and below on the SP2 that's the only reason I'm mentioning it. Running  http://127.0.0.1:18081/save_bc returns....

{
}

And there's over 50GB free on the drive and just under 3GB of free RAM if that helps you any

Please try Monero Client v0.28.1 which can be downloaded from here, and reverts the blockchain saving algorithm to a state when it was working for everyone. Hopefully, this will really work. Wink

Just tested and didn't experience any issues.
Activity: 264
Merit: 250

{
}

{
}

Spoke too soon.... same error Sad

The request was aborted: The operation has timed out.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.Helper.GetResponseString(HttpWebRequest request)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.RpcManagers.RpcWebClient.HttpGetData[T](RpcPortType portType, String command)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()

When does it crash like that? About 5 or 6 minutes after startup? I've been trying to reproduce the issue by using an HDD as the blockchain's storage without any luck.  Sad

Yep, takes a few minutes then cracks the shits and crashes. Not running this on a HDD but an SSD, it's on my Surface Pro 2 if that helps any

Then, the issue is definitely related to blockchain saving through the RPC. Can you open http://127.0.0.1:18081/save_bc from your browser while running Monero Client? (It may be loading for more than a minute.) Make sure that you have at least 3 GB free on your device, just for temporary files. Also, please try running the binaries from a PC! Wink

Testing v0.28. I didn't have any instances where the gui crashes while syncing or just having it open for me. I decided to check the directory just to see if there was anything in the logs and found a crash log. I wasn't expecting that since the gui didn't crash on me. I did restart it when switching wallets and the same time stamp on the crash log matches with the time stamp in the bitmonerod log when the process finally stopped during one of the restarts.

It was the same error as previous.

I started it up again and let it sit there with no issues. Just tried to shut it down again and the client shutdown fine but wrote another crashlog with the same error right when the daemon process ended. The error is also written in the windows event viewer. Doesn't bother me since it's not happening when I'm using it now. Just thought I'd report it.

Shutdown "crashes" don't matter, so I'll implement a function to automatically ignore them from being written into CrashLogs.txt

EDIT:
lololol Jojatekok, I think you need to get outside more man and let your brain get away from wallet software Cheesy
I'm going to be running with my friend tomorrow, but thanks for worrying about my mental health Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
I have opened translations for anyone who wants to help contributing to the project. If your language is not yet available, but You want it to be implemented, then don't hesitate to notify me here or in PM. Wink

Dutch translation added Smiley

Whoa, that's pretty interesting...  Shocked Tonight, I was dreaming about a Dutch (yeah, exactly that) translation being made. I should become a fortune teller Cheesy

Thanks! Smiley

lololol Jojatekok, I think you need to get outside more man and let your brain get away from wallet software Cheesy

at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.RpcManagers.RpcWebClient.HttpGetData[T](RpcPortType portType, String command)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

When does it crash like that? About 5 or 6 minutes after startup? I've been trying to reproduce the issue by using an HDD as the blockchain's storage without any luck.  Sad

Yep, takes a few minutes then cracks the shits and crashes. Not running this on a HDD but an SSD, it's on my Surface Pro 2 if that helps any
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Testing v0.28. I didn't have any instances where the gui crashes while syncing or just having it open for me. I decided to check the directory just to see if there was anything in the logs and found a crash log. I wasn't expecting that since the gui didn't crash on me. I did restart it when switching wallets and the same time stamp on the crash log matches with the time stamp in the bitmonerod log when the process finally stopped during one of the restarts.

It was the same error as previous.

I started it up again and let it sit there with no issues. Just tried to shut it down again and the client shutdown fine but wrote another crashlog with the same error right when the daemon process ended. The error is also written in the windows event viewer. Doesn't bother me since it's not happening when I'm using it now. Just thought I'd report it.

When does it crash like that? About 5 or 6 minutes after startup? I've been trying to reproduce the issue by using an HDD as the blockchain's storage without any luck.  Sad
Jojatekok,
Code:

The operation has timed out

can you fix it?  Smiley

Definitely, here you are! Wink

Monero Client v0.28.0
https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client/releases/tag/v0.28.0

This version features a lot of fixes, most of them related to timers. It also solves some recent annoyances of the GUI, and contains more code for automatic element focusing.

I hope that it resolves all of the issues! Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
I have opened translations for anyone who wants to help contributing to the project. If your language is not yet available, but You want it to be implemented, then don't hesitate to notify me here or in PM. Wink

Whoa, that's pretty interesting...  Shocked Tonight, I was dreaming about a Dutch (yeah, exactly that) translation being made. I should become a fortune teller Cheesy

Thanks! Smiley

no problem mate Smiley
I'll test the client. If I see some errors, I'll report it.
If I see translation errors from my part, I will change it Wink
Jojatekok,
Code:

can you fix it?  Smiley

Definitely, here you are! Wink

Monero Client v0.28.0
https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client/releases/tag/v0.28.0

This version features a lot of fixes, most of them related to timers. It also solves some recent annoyances of the GUI, and contains more code for automatic element focusing.

I hope that it resolves all of the issues! Smiley
Activity: 11
Jojatekok,
Code:

can you fix it?  Smiley

Thanks! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!

Thank you for the crash logs! I finally have an idea why it happens (2 or 3 minutes) after startup: One of the recent versions introduced automatic blockchain saving through the RPC every 2 minutes, and that can take more than 30 seconds (which is the WebRequest timeout I was using). I have set the timeout to Timeout.Infinite, as local requests may take any seconds. The reason why I didn't encounter this issue is that I am using an SSD, thus, my read/write times are faster than in the case of HDDs. (Probably, that's the reason behind TheNobodies' server being able to handle the situation without crashing.)

Also, I made the blockchain save only every 5 minutes instead of 2, but the wallet will still save every 2 minutes (as that's a lightweight operation compared to storing the blockchain).

Don't spend too much time on it. This feature will probably be fixed or removed soon.

It has already been resolved. The second picture is just a new feature for Timers, and it has been implemented too. By the way, the reason I don't yet use simplewallet is that rpcwallet is coming soon, and simplewallet's RPC functionality is not as extensive as the one in command line.

EDIT: I forgot to ask: How is your Qt project going? Wink What about the special wallet implementation? Shocked
Activity: 50

Pages:
Jump to: