Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty for open source ByteCoin/Monero GUI - page 6. (Read 40736 times)

Activity: 264
Merit: 250
can't trasfer xmr with this client:
I set address, amount, payment ID, mix_count=0
push "Send" and nothing...

Actually, it should work except in very few cases (it doesn't show any message after clicking the Send button, but clears the list of recipients). One of those is the daemon being busy (for example, while saving the blockchain). With the wallet RPC that is going to be used in the future (but it isn't good enough to use yet), I will be able to detect failed transfers. In the current version (v0.23.0), the transaction history is not shown due to a bug which is going to be fixed with several other issues discovered during a massive code inspection.

Please use v0.22.0 if the lack of TX history annoys you. I am working hard to resolve all the issues as soon as possible, and will continue to implement features too. Wink
I downloaded new client 0.24.0 but I have same situation - exactly as you sad - it doesn't show any message after clicking the Send button, but clears the address and amount fields, only payment ID shows up.
If I do transfer from command line without your client (just from Resources folder) - all is good, and then I can see that transaction in 0.24.0

Thank you for your work! Smiley

Not showing a message after sending a transaction is not a bug. It works just flawlessly then (see your transaction history Wink). Those kind of notifications are still yet to be implemented, but currently, I'm working on an improvement for process handling.
Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Actually, it should work except in very few cases (it doesn't show any message after clicking the Send button, but clears the list of recipients). One of those is the daemon being busy (for example, while saving the blockchain). With the wallet RPC that is going to be used in the future (but it isn't good enough to use yet), I will be able to detect failed transfers. In the current version (v0.23.0), the transaction history is not shown due to a bug which is going to be fixed with several other issues discovered during a massive code inspection.

Please use v0.22.0 if the lack of TX history annoys you. I am working hard to resolve all the issues as soon as possible, and will continue to implement features too. Wink
I downloaded new client 0.24.0 but I have same situation - exactly as you sad - it doesn't show any message after clicking the Send button, but clears the address and amount fields, only payment ID shows up.
If I do transfer from command line without your client (just from Resources folder) - all is good, and then I can see that transaction in 0.24.0

Thank you for your work! Smiley
Monero Client v0.24.0 has been released!
https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client/releases

With numerous bug fixes and performance tweaks, this release of the Client is very special. It should fix most of the bugs which may occur with previous versions. Also, new translations are added: Thank You for everyone participating in the localization project! Shortly, here is what to expect from v0.24.0:

• Fixed the Transactions tab
  • Fixed the weird scroll behavior of the Send coins tab
  • Fixed a crash which occured when double-clicking a contact in the Address book
  • Improved the management of processes
  • And many other improvements including UI fine-tuning

I had literally checked every single line of code, and fixed the errors I noticed. The only remaining bug should be the stop of simplewallet after a new wallet's creation (although the generating algorithm still works, the Client has to be restarted straight after it).
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Hello,

Some news about bitmonero-qt status.

• Refatoring and cleaning in the code and architecture
  • More widgets and options in user interface ("advanced interface" should be checked to make them visible)
  • User messages and wizard were improved in order to provide more explicit information / error messages
  • When importing existing wallet, you can list wallets contained in the choosen folder and see their status
  • Binding with experimental LibMoneroWallet. This will allow additional features and more reactivity. Most of all, it avoids dependency on simplewallet executable.
  • You can now use electrum-style seeds for recovering wallets (atm only if LibMoneroWallet enabled)

A Github wiki was created for bulding and usage (for curious developers and experienced users only).

I've been using it for weeks (sync, balance, transactions) in replacement of simplewallet and it works fine. Once I set up good build processes, it will be available as a "beta" version.

I want it to remain in "beta" stage until Monero Core become mature enough (big changes are coming, according to multiple community github branches).

Jojatekok > I finally tested your Wallet (very quickly). Worked fine (just one click), with new wallet creation, address/balance displaying, address-book window. I haven't tested transactions (0 balance Cheesy). Using transifex is a great idea Wink

Activity: 219
The code inspection I mentioned has really been necessary: I have fixed numerous bugs (including the one spotted in v0.23.0 which made the transaction history empty), and improved the performance of the application, making it ready for more exciting features to be added.

Is there an advantage to having 64K connections? or would it be better to stop  making connections at a hard coded number. maybe overhead resources are small so an extra few thousand connections it not a problem.

BTW it password protection is working for me and I can use the client now.

Thank you also for doing the code audit. making sure it's clean now is a very good idea and should make troubleshooting later easier.

We need to limit max connections in the daemon in future versions, the daemon is very promiscuous and bandwidth intensive unfortunately.

Yeah, limiting the amount of connections is the job of bitmonerod's developers. (I would suggest a limit of 64 ingoing + 64 outgoing connections.)
Could you please update us about the bounty's exact deadline (not just only a day, but GMT/UTC hour), and tell us how will the entries be rated?

EDIT #1: After the code audit, Monero Client will also consume less RAM Smiley

EDIT #2: Little features like these may come with the next release Wink
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Is there an advantage to having 64K connections? or would it be better to stop  making connections at a hard coded number. maybe overhead resources are small so an extra few thousand connections it not a problem.

Thank you also for doing the code audit. making sure it's clean now is a very good idea and should make troubleshooting later easier.

We need to limit max connections in the daemon in future versions, the daemon is very promiscuous and bandwidth intensive unfortunately.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

EDIT #2: A new release (v0.23.0) is out, and can be directly downloaded for Windows x64 from here.

Great work, though I ran into this and I don't know how could I limit the number of connections:

Whoa, that's very interesting! I never expected that the number of connections would reach 256 or more, which is the limit of the numeric type I store them in (byte). I will raise the maximum to ushort then, which allows 65535 connections to be handled. As I have already stated before, feature development is going to be paused as long as I perform an audit on the current codebase. I have already fixed some things which no one has ever noticed before.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
EDIT #2: A new release (v0.23.0) is out, and can be directly downloaded for Windows x64 from here.

Great work, though I ran into this and I don't know how could I limit the number of connections:

Activity: 150

As there were a lot of new features added in the past few days, I decided that the next step should be an audit on the code I wrote. This can take sereval hours, and I also need to take breaks before doing it. An audit like this can be considered as a long-term "investment": it may not seem necessary for the users, but it's critical for development.

I have opened translations for anyone who wants to help contributing to the project. If your language is not yet available, but You want it to be implemented, then don't hesitate to notify me here or in PM. Wink

New password protection feature works good. I'm able to set a password without issues. On a restart the client asks for password then loads the wallet with no issues. I also tried to load old wallets that were already password protected without issues as well (I just pointed to other wallets in the options then restarted client).

Awesome work.
thanks  Grin also someone have "bitmonero-qt" binary for windows? i need it  Roll Eyes qt better than dotnet

By today's measures of performance and compatibility, Qt is unquestionably better than the Microsoft .NET Framework. But on the other side, the .NET client has been coded from scratch, considering every factor which matters in order to function properly without any freezes. (I have not yet seen a Qt-based wallet which did not have hang-ups.)

The code backend which Qt uses is far more difficult to understand and use than C#'s. If someone ever had an experience with C++ (I did), they know that even creating a new window can be a pain. In .NET, this process is far more efficient. On today's PCs (and I'm not talking about a supersonic gamer rig), the performance loss of 2D applications in C# is negligible. Also, WPF introduced the use of DirectX which makes your graphics card accelerate the rendering of the application (Qt doesn't have that). In conclusion, applications coded in WPF will get faster and faster eventually by time. (You can even start thinking about the pros of DirectX 12, including the performance boost which AMD's Mantle promised before.)

About the compatibility, the drawback is that only WinForms applications can be ported to Linux and Mac OS X. But not in the future! C# is a young language compared to other C-derivatives. Microsoft had announced in april that they are working on .NET Native which may provide performance close to C++ applications, but with the ultimate feature set and extensibility of C#. It may also mean a step to multiplatform applications too. Wink

EDIT #1: Progress report (without comments):

As there were a lot of new features added in the past few days, I decided that the next step should be an audit on the code I wrote. This can take sereval hours, and I also need to take breaks before doing it. An audit like this can be considered as a long-term "investment": it may not seem necessary for the users, but it's critical for development.

I have opened translations for anyone who wants to help contributing to the project. If your language is not yet available, but You want it to be implemented, then don't hesitate to notify me here or in PM. Wink
Activity: 11
thanks  Grin also someone have "bitmonero-qt" binary for windows? i need it  Roll Eyes qt better than dotnet
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120
binary binary binary! i need fucking binary for windows (yes, windows! not a linux) someone can compile it? i am not a redeye and i cannot compile it!
your religion does not allow you to compile it or what? give me binaaaary!  Tongue Tongue Tongue

https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client/releases/download/v0.22.0/monero-client-v0.22.0-x64.zip

Activity: 300
binary binary binary! i need fucking binary for windows (yes, windows! not a linux) someone can compile it? i am not a redeye and i cannot compile it!
your religion does not allow you to compile it or what? give me binaaaary!  Tongue Tongue Tongue

??

Here is the link for the downloads:
https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client/releases
Activity: 11
your religion does not allow you to compile it or what? give me binaaaary!  Tongue Tongue Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
looking forward to it.

using .net client to watch coins come in from mining. shut it down and use transfer cmd in simplewallet to move coins if I need to.

anyway thanks for your work.

My current wallet is password protected. is there a way to unprotect it so I can try the moneroclient GUI?

I don't want to use a new wallet as I'm mining on address in my current wallet.

I haven't heard about a way of unprotecting Monero wallets yet (although, this will need further investigation). Today, I started implementing support for passphrases, so You will be able to use my Client soon. Wink
My current wallet is password protected. is there a way to unprotect it so I can try the moneroclient GUI?

I don't want to use a new wallet as I'm mining on address in my current wallet.

I haven't heard about a way of unprotecting Monero wallets yet (although, this will need further investigation). Today, I started implementing support for passphrases, so You will be able to use my Client soon. Wink
DF_
Activity: 20
This is great, cant wait to test it.
Pages:
Jump to: