Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Lomachenko vs. Kambosos - May 12 IBF Lightweight Title - page 6. (Read 1337 times)

Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
Loma cannot be too complacent about not getting a knockout win in Kambosos' country. Just to ensure a victory, he needs to KO him; otherwise, he might be surprised that he is very confident in the ring, thinking he'll win comfortably, but the judges saw it differently. Grin

People will never forget what they did to Pacman, and I hope it will not happen to Loma here since Kambosos has a similar style to Horn, who just loves to attack and throw a lot of punches. If judges count that and he survives the 12 rounds, unexpected things could happen. I'm pretty sure Loma's camp is well aware of that, so it's expected that their game plan is always ready to secure a clear victory.
I'm not sure if they have similar style, what I noticed though during the Jeff Horn vs Manny Pacquiao is that Jeff is a bigger fighter and so he bullish Manny that time and that is enough for the corrupt judges to see him winning. But in this fight, I don't think that George can bully Loma here. Loma is too technical and it might be a wrong strategy for him as I'm seeing that Loma will counter him with short left and right hand.

Now, if I could ask, what would be next for Kambosos if he loses this fight? Would he rather retire or continue fighting against non-top boxers?
He can still fight, but I don't think that he will be given chances again to fight for the belt. But who knows, Bob Arum has this influence and his Top Rank has control of boxers in the lower weight. So maybe they can have George fight up and coming fighters for the money.
Activity: 2772
Merit: 645
No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small
Loma cannot be too complacent about not getting a knockout win in Kambosos' country. Just to ensure a victory, he needs to KO him; otherwise, he might be surprised that he is very confident in the ring, thinking he'll win comfortably, but the judges saw it differently. Grin

People will never forget what they did to Pacman, and I hope it will not happen to Loma here since Kambosos has a similar style to Horn, who just loves to attack and throw a lot of punches. If judges count that and he survives the 12 rounds, unexpected things could happen. I'm pretty sure Loma's camp is well aware of that, so it's expected that their game plan is always ready to secure a clear victory.
They did it once, so it will not happen again, as they don't want to accept a lot of criticism. It's also not good for promoters, as they'll know people would not watch if the fight is held in a country where decisions are expected to be biased. This is a title fight; they have to be careful with this, as it's the reputation of the IBF that will be at stake. Just like the fight of Pacman vs Horn, Pacman was the heavy favorite but ended up losing in a unanimous decision; it was a robbery in broad daylight. Horn will never be forgotten, as he is already in the books since Pacman is a legend.

Now, if I could ask, what would be next for Kambosos if he loses this fight? Would he rather retire or continue fighting against non-top boxers?
That's clearly up to him, he has no reputation to protect, so if his intention is to still enjoy his passion and make money at the same time, he'll remain in the pro but he's not gonna have big fights again since he'll drop to the bottom after this.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019

Activity: 2912
Merit: 674
Lomachenko will have his redemption in this fight. I voted for Loma by unanimous decision. Loma still got those very quick hands. At 36, he still got his incredible foot work. And knowing that Kambosos doesn't fight in a distance, I think Loma can easily outscore him. Not expecting a knockout, though.

I agree, this is a big fight for him, after that controversial lost against Haney, he will have to find a way to bounce back and this is another great opportunity for him. I think he can still pull that trigger and he will show that in this fight.
At least he tried all the best options to get back to the top. Though this one is really tough for him, and it's very evident here that people don't trust him to win. But at this point in his career, he needs to take risks as he has nothing to lose anymore.

I checked the odds. They're quite lop-sided but probably fair. Loma is the huge favorite at 1.18. Kambosos, on the other hand, is the underdog at 4.4. DraftKings even has Loma at 1.13 and Kambosos at 5.75.

Yes, Kambosos is a huge underdog, I think it's fair to see him in that position. His style is suited for Loma, there might not be a knockout or a knockdown, but we might see Loma dominating Kambosos in his country.

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
Lomachenko will have his redemption in this fight. I voted for Loma by unanimous decision. Loma still got those very quick hands. At 36, he still got his incredible foot work. And knowing that Kambosos doesn't fight in a distance, I think Loma can easily outscore him. Not expecting a knockout, though.

I agree, this is a big fight for him, after that controversial lost against Haney, he will have to find a way to bounce back and this is another great opportunity for him. I think he can still pull that trigger and he will show that in this fight.

I checked the odds. They're quite lop-sided but probably fair. Loma is the huge favorite at 1.18. Kambosos, on the other hand, is the underdog at 4.4. DraftKings even has Loma at 1.13 and Kambosos at 5.75.

Yes, Kambosos is a huge underdog, I think it's fair to see him in that position. His style is suited for Loma, there might not be a knockout or a knockdown, but we might see Loma dominating Kambosos in his country.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Regardless, I am curious what's next to the winner. When the coward Tank Davis was given a free belt, I doubt there will be another undisputed champion in this division soon. Shakur is the best fighter in this division but because of his boring and unmarketable style, the other champions will have more reasons to just duck him.

It's in house money for Top Rank, I think Shakur is going to fight the winner of this fight. Tank will be well protected and I don't think they are ready to let him face either Loma or Shakur this year.

That would be nice to see Loma ( a possible winner ) vs Shakur fight. it's the technical fighter vs a slippery fighter. It's not new to Loma since he had already fought Haney which I believe have a similar style like Shakur but Shakur is much shorter than Haney, so probably that will give Loma an advantage to that. We don't have to worry about the possible revenue of this fight since alhough Shakur is boring, but Loma will make it interesting.

Yes sir, this is what we fans wanted, let's assumed that Loma win against George, then Shakur will be a great fight to see next. I think Shakur also wanted to test his skills against Loma and so most likely he will be very interested. And as said previously, Top Rank has a lot of good fighters in the 135 lbs and they can just fight each other and the winner will be Bob Arum.

Shakur though says that he is retired, but I don't think that is real. Maybe he is just waiting for good fighters to come, but one opinion against Shakur is that he is boring, just like in his last fight wherein he just avoided Edwin delos Santos.
Regardless, I am curious what's next to the winner. When the coward Tank Davis was given a free belt, I doubt there will be another undisputed champion in this division soon. Shakur is the best fighter in this division but because of his boring and unmarketable style, the other champions will have more reasons to just duck him.

It's in house money for Top Rank, I think Shakur is going to fight the winner of this fight. Tank will be well protected and I don't think they are ready to let him face either Loma or Shakur this year.

That would be nice to see Loma ( a possible winner ) vs Shakur fight. it's the technical fighter vs a slippery fighter. It's not new to Loma since he had already fought Haney which I believe have a similar style like Shakur but Shakur is much shorter than Haney, so probably that will give Loma an advantage to that. We don't have to worry about the possible revenue of this fight since alhough Shakur is boring, but Loma will make it interesting.

That's another big fight for Loma, and if he'll succeed in this fight and the deal is done, then he is like fighting Haney on that fight. And the good news is if he'll defeat Shakur, he'll be back at the top and Haney if he goes down again might go with a rematch with Loma as sure people are still going to get hype with that, easy for the promoters to market the fight.

Shakur's last fight was last year Nov 11 against Edwin De Los Santos, and he won that fight through unanimous decision. I'm sure that Shakur will be tested if he'll square up with Loma who's a technical fighter, and who knows, he might crack the code on how to defeat opponents like Shakur or Haney.

We always like to see the best fight for Loma. This fight is just not so hype since people know that Kambosos career is slowly going down after his two losses to Haney. The damage has been done for him, he took a higher risk, and he pay for the price. But just like Loma who aim to win big after losing to Haney, the same goes to Kambosos who are aiming to win a big fight so he'll go back in the list of popular boxers.

That's another big fight for Loma, and if he'll succeed in this fight and the deal is done, then he is like fighting Haney on that fight. And the good news is if he'll defeat Shakur, he'll be back at the top and Haney if he goes down again might go with a rematch with Loma as sure people are still going to get hype with that, easy for the promoters to market the fight.

Shakur's last fight was last year Nov 11 against Edwin De Los Santos, and he won that fight through unanimous decision. I'm sure that Shakur will be tested if he'll square up with Loma who's a technical fighter, and who knows, he might crack the code on how to defeat opponents like Shakur or Haney.

Activity: 2632
Merit: 544
^^ And probably that will be the plan for the "retired" Shakur Stevenson, wait for the result of this fight and then winner sets up a fight for him in the belt. Hopefully it will be Loma though as they have contrasting style.

However, as you have said, Shakur is good but is not very marketable in the US. And what Top Rank did is have him fight in his native home town. But they can't do that in his next fight, especially if it will be as big as this one. Top Rank will have to take that risk and maybe lose money here.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
Financially, this is a great decision for Loma to face Kambosos rather than the risky but not marketable Shakur Stevenson. But what is surprising to me is the Australian sponsors' willingness to host even if Kambosos was proven as a limited fighter. After being humiliated twice by Haney and a very poor performance which resulted in a controversial decision against an unknown Maxi Hughes, I won't be surprised if the aging Loma can still score a stoppage here.

I think those who back up Kambosos still think that George is marketable, but it is just in Australia. And perhaps Arum convinced Loma with it that the fight should happen in Australia and not in the US since both of them are non-American. So they can still make a lot of money here.

Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
^^ Even his first lost is controversial, his 2nd fight against the veteran Oscar Salido, Oscar came in over weight in the fight and so he lost the belt on the scale. But then Loma loses in a split decision but due to Salido coming in the fight over weight Loma was awarded the belt, what a controversy.
That I am not so aware bout this as I starting following Loma after that fight. I thought he was undefeated but then I saw he has one loss against Salido. Thanks for giving light on what happen, now I know, no wonder people are not talking about that loss of Loma.

And then his lost to Teo Lopez, later on we fight that he had a injury in his shoulder.
This one was a legit loss, although he had an injury but he can't make that as an excuse especially if he had that already before the fight but just continue knowingly he isn't 100%. Everyone has an excuse though, but if we'll symphatize on that, it will be disrespectful to Teo who is a great boxer (now a champ).

Obviously, his last defeat against Haney too is a bit controversial, many of us thinks that he did enough to win the fight.
But it was a unanimous decision, if we judge only on the result without watching the fight, we will think he was dominated but it wasn't really that way, that's why it was a controversial decision but we gotta respect that. Anyway, Loma could correct that in a rematch if Haney would allow, but right now he has to win his upcoming fight.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 536
^^ Even his first lost is controversial, his 2nd fight against the veteran Oscar Salido, Oscar came in over weight in the fight and so he lost the belt on the scale. But then Loma loses in a split decision but due to Salido coming in the fight over weight Loma was awarded the belt, what a controversy.

And then his lost to Teo Lopez, later on we fight that he had a injury in his shoulder.

Obviously, his last defeat against Haney too is a bit controversial, many of us thinks that he did enough to win the fight.
Lomachenko is one of my favorite boxers, too bad he started pro too old... If Loma can fight 100% without injury, he can beat Kambosos by UD. Kambosos couldn't handle Haney as well as Loma, and I'd argue Loma was robbed that night. The problem is that Loma is injury-prone, and he is already past his prime. The fact that the match is in Aussy means hometown advantage for Kambosos as well. Anyway, if you look at Stake odds: Loma 1.13 vs Kambosos 5.40, the latter one is more tempting. Moreover, if you pick winning by decision for Kambosos, it will be 8.00... not bad! (DYOR & DWYOR).

That's true, it's because he uses to be on the amateurs for a long time. But when he turn pro, he was given a chance for the belt in his second fight (if I'm not mistaken). And I think that is the record that still stands today.

Yes, not bad, but it's the question whether Kambosos can win in this fight. He is a huge underdog against "Hi-Tech" here. I was just thinking that Loma's age might have caught up with him already. But I think he can still beat Kambosos here and become a world champion. And I remember when they released his training, some new method that time and that's why they called him that monicker because he really shows that in the ring with his head and foot movement that we haven't seen.

I saw his amateur record too, it was very impressive. That's why we can't judge his number of fights in pro and conclude he doesn't have much experience. 

Lomachenko is one of the most successful amateur boxers of all time, possessing a record of 396 wins and 1 loss, with that loss avenged twice.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasiliy_Lomachenko

Also an Olympic Gold medalist, so he is an accomplished fighter. With that reason, it's clear enough that Kambosos has not chance here.

Following a forced move up to lightweight, he won his second consecutive Olympic gold medal at the 2012 Olympic Games in London to become a rare two-weight Olympic champion.[15] He defeated Han Soon-Chul of South Korea in the final, 19–9, and was a strong candidate to win the Val Barker Trophy for a second time in what would have historically been an unprecedented feat. Ultimately, he was edged out by welterweight gold medal winner, Serik Sapiyev, of Kazakhstan.[16]

Yes, he was literally undefeated at the amateurs and Olympic, he took revenge on that 1 lost he got and then beat Sapiyev twice.

Anyhow, pro might be different for him as he has suffered defeat already, but he has become a world champion already and we think that he can still make it even at his age against Kambosos. Sorry for George Kambosos fans, but it seems that he is just one dimensional fighter.

But he nows how to capitalized when he beat Teo Lopez and still trying to claim his belt back.

It's undeniable that he suffered defeat in his pro but all his defeats are controvertial, particularly the last one. Loma hasn't been dominated on the court, if he loss people does not agree on the result although the judges had scored a "UD" on the winner. It seems like Loma isn't a good market in boxing that's why judges are not on his favor against a popular boxers like Haney and Lopez.

All those are just a speculation of the people, you know, they have their own speculation as they do not agree with the judges when he lose. Maybe if he would be KO then there's nothing to argue, all they can give is respect to the boxer who can KO Loma. Against Kambosos although the Australian has power, but can he make a good strategy to counter Loma effectively? That's a big question most fans of boxing would answer no.
Lomachenko is one of my favorite boxers, too bad he started pro too old... If Loma can fight 100% without injury, he can beat Kambosos by UD. Kambosos couldn't handle Haney as well as Loma, and I'd argue Loma was robbed that night. The problem is that Loma is injury-prone, and he is already past his prime. The fact that the match is in Aussy means hometown advantage for Kambosos as well. Anyway, if you look at Stake odds: Loma 1.13 vs Kambosos 5.40, the latter one is more tempting. Moreover, if you pick winning by decision for Kambosos, it will be 8.00... not bad! (DYOR & DWYOR).

That's true, it's because he uses to be on the amateurs for a long time. But when he turn pro, he was given a chance for the belt in his second fight (if I'm not mistaken). And I think that is the record that still stands today.

Yes, not bad, but it's the question whether Kambosos can win in this fight. He is a huge underdog against "Hi-Tech" here. I was just thinking that Loma's age might have caught up with him already. But I think he can still beat Kambosos here and become a world champion. And I remember when they released his training, some new method that time and that's why they called him that monicker because he really shows that in the ring with his head and foot movement that we haven't seen.

I saw his amateur record too, it was very impressive. That's why we can't judge his number of fights in pro and conclude he doesn't have much experience. 

Lomachenko is one of the most successful amateur boxers of all time, possessing a record of 396 wins and 1 loss, with that loss avenged twice.

Also an Olympic Gold medalist, so he is an accomplished fighter. With that reason, it's clear enough that Kambosos has not chance here.

Following a forced move up to lightweight, he won his second consecutive Olympic gold medal at the 2012 Olympic Games in London to become a rare two-weight Olympic champion.[15] He defeated Han Soon-Chul of South Korea in the final, 19–9, and was a strong candidate to win the Val Barker Trophy for a second time in what would have historically been an unprecedented feat. Ultimately, he was edged out by welterweight gold medal winner, Serik Sapiyev, of Kazakhstan.[16]

Yes, he was literally undefeated at the amateurs and Olympic, he took revenge on that 1 lost he got and then beat Sapiyev twice.

Anyhow, pro might be different for him as he has suffered defeat already, but he has become a world champion already and we think that he can still make it even at his age against Kambosos. Sorry for George Kambosos fans, but it seems that he is just one dimensional fighter.

But he nows how to capitalized when he beat Teo Lopez and still trying to claim his belt back.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 592
The Martian Child
Financially, this is a great decision for Loma to face Kambosos rather than the risky but not marketable Shakur Stevenson. But what is surprising to me is the Australian sponsors' willingness to host even if Kambosos was proven as a limited fighter. After being humiliated twice by Haney and a very poor performance which resulted in a controversial decision against an unknown Maxi Hughes, I won't be surprised if the aging Loma can still score a stoppage here.

copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142
Slots Enthusiast & Expert
Pages:
Jump to: